Nigger

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Re: Nigger

yup thats what we have been saying the whole time
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

so where is admin with the answer? THis shouldn't be hard to decide
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

If the word is filtered, you cannot know the person said this, and said person cannot be warned accordingly for their insult...they get away from it & be safe saying it without consequences.
I see what you all are about, but consider the above.
Just because you don't see the word doesn't mean it wasn't posted. And mods are too busy with usual work to check every post with "filtered" to see whether it's a real rude word or not.
So maybe, I don't know, put a second, red alert filter list where the "**filtered**" becomes red colored no matter what color user uses? (don't know if possible) So the selected words are viewable and recognizable without being displayed excepted for mods when they mod.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

RoKeT wrote:Discuss please? is it an ignorant person to you or is it a horrible word that should be banned let the users decide!
I'm just going to respond to your first post...

RoKeT wrote:let the users decide!
Worst. Idea. Ever. The Administrators should decide. Nigger is not offensive, and adding every racial slur someone could possibly imagine which you would have to do if you added Nigger is simply not do-able. It's better to leave it off the filter.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

You have got to be kidding me you really think it's better to leave that line of word unfiltered are you kidding it's possibly the worst word there is and xot wanna keep it I mean come on
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori
ID: 0

I agree. regardless of how the word is used in its intent the word was CREATED AS A DEROGATORY TERM for the people of African heritage/descent. It wasn't a word like ass that was originally intended to describe a farm animal it was a word made to demoralize the slaves/african people by a rather large group of ignorant people. If i started dropping F bombs as a term of endearment for my pal SuperSaiyan that would be acceptable? That **Filtered** is my bro man so its totally ok!
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that a word isnt on the filter, does not mean that it is going to be unpunished when used...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

YOu can not punish if it is not out of context and personally id rather have it filtered then worry about people getting warned and IT seems I am not alone...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Zeratul wrote:that a word isnt on the filter, does not mean that it is going to be unpunished when used...
It would seem that this particular thought doesn't occur to our loud friends.

I wonder, maybe if we "won't talk about it" it will go away? :P There was another man once, who held the same beliefs.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

WOW see rofl you can't just ignore the people uni that's wrong you guys are appointed by us you can't ignore us and again let me ask how will you punish someone if they don't use it out of context... just like now you can not warn me for this topic... everyone mods included think this word should be blocked... I have a great idea...

Why don't you add in the terms and agreements that there is to be no racial slurs and write ts a code to filter said word and warn user automatically...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

RoKeT wrote:WOW see rofl you can't just ignore the people uni that's wrong you guys are appointed by us you can't ignore us and again let me ask how will you punish someone if they don't use it out of context... just like now you can not warn me for this topic... everyone mods included think this word should be blocked... I have a great idea...

Why don't you add in the terms and agreements that there is to be no racial slurs and write ts a code to filter said word and warn user automatically...

She gives good reason..

Like I said, there's problem of word niger which happens to be a central-north african country...and making different kind of filters might not be possible within this forum.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

YOur right ear racism totally belongs here

Your right LA so from now on I'm just gonna say the word whenever because it's allowed and as long as I don't use it out of context it will be okay and if a black man or women comes on these sights they won't be hurt at all... rofl I'm sure nobody is offended and IT should totally stay...

Niger is not nigger let me tell you a story I'm from the city ambient messiah made me mad so I said keep running yo mouth nigga go ahead I'll squash you kid

NOw me being from the city I meant no ill will towards him it's how I talk
He thought I was calling him a nigger and was so upset he quit for a long time... NOW

Let me ask you this if a black male or female see's this topic see's this word would they be okay with it?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

let us highlight a teeny weeny section of the forum rules for you...

forum rules, section 5 c. Abuse / Racism wrote:Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums their selves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6.)

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments, may be ignored or a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user tone it down. More serious cases will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Ombudsperson, Forum Administrators and Moderators.

does it look like any form of racism is acceptable here?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

and neither are xout... look at the ratio to seosle asking you0to change it compared to the ones who think it should stay all we are asking is for a word that offends us and hurts some to be filtered is it really that hard?

THen z why not ban it?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Wow.... Just wow. havent really fully read the whole thing only skimmed through the pages but my god are we gettign worked up over nothing.

Even if you take note of such words & consider them to be unacceptable, they only affect you if you let them. Or are you suggesting we should ban all 'socially unacceptable' words? But by which socities rules will we judge that? By the rules of the US society, or UK society or French society or Russian society? Should we use the society of the tinternets?

Best to just move on down the line really and things get dealt with on a case by case basis rather than a black/white rule, which would allow the mod/admin team much more scope for dealing with people who act in a manner that isnt wanted here.
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”