Nigger

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: Nigger

Over nothing? YOur right racism is nothing rofl it hasn't killed millions rofl
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

RoKeT wrote:and neither are xout... look at the ratio to seosle asking you0to change it compared to the ones who think it should stay all we are asking is for a word that offends us and hurts some to be filtered is it really that hard?

THen z why not ban it?

IF THE WORD IS FILTERED THE PERSON WHO POSTS IT WILL GET AWAY WITH IT AND USE IT AS OFTEN AS THEY WISH WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCE AT ALL FOR THEIR ACTIONS.
IS IT WHAT YOU WANT?

Yes I used caps because it might appear bigger on screen and noticed more. :P
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

I didnt say racism is nothing, I said words only have an affect on you & a meaning to you if you let them.

Please dont put words in my mouth, thank you
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

LA so why don't we make a new code so that they also get warned when said word is filtered?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Your still not seeing one of the key points roket which was made in my post but obviously ignored or skimmed over.

By have a Black & White rule, ie a rule that is either True or False you are setting some serious constraints upon the mod/admin team.

By having the forum rule to rely on instead of a filter gives the mod/admin team much more leeway & discretion when dealing with such issues & allows them to take it as far as nessecary when appropiate.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

By blocking a word a horrible racist word
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

RoKeT wrote:By blocking a word a horrible racist word

Again one of my points was missed, the word will only affect you if you let it. Its meaning will only become a burden upon you if you allow yourself to get worked up over it.

To illustrate my point I shall regale you with a tale I was told as a kid, please bear with me the point should become obvious...

There were two buddhist monks walking along the road & the weather hadnt been very nice & the road was all wet & muddy & they saw a beautiful young woman trying to work out how to get from one side of the road to the other without getting wet or muddy. The older the the two monks offered to carry her across the road, which he did, the woman thanked him and the monks continued on their journey.

That evening, after having travelled a long distance the monks decided to rest for the night. The younger monk at that point said the master that he was being troubled & said to the older monk 'we're not supposed to have any contact with females, but you carried that beautiful young woman across the road.'

To which the older monk replied 'It was an act of charity, thoughtfulness & generosity, she was having a problem crossing the road without getting her clothes wet & mine didnt matter.'

The young monk replied ' Yes but we're not supposed to do things like that, your breaking al lthe rules we are supposed to live by.'

The older monk said 'You've being worrying about this all day & it has been a burden to you & been on your mind for a long time. whereas I put down my burden on the otherside of the road & thought no more about it.'
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

i don't see how filtering it will help.
i actually don't see how filtering ANY word helps, as anything can be bypassed, but that's besides the point.
the thing is, when you filter a racist word, you still leave an opening for racist views. like this one. or this one.
personally, i would be much less offended by someone calling me a "kike" then by these posts.
remember, words don't offend people, people offend people.
Last edited by Hitchkok on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

Zeratul wrote:that a word isnt on the filter, does not mean that it is going to be unpunished when used...

interesting.
cause three GMs refused to punish a person for racist posts.
two of them just ignored it, and the third said it's a matter for admins.
silly me, for thinking racism is a clear cut case.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

As I said... it's not practical to add every single offensive word to the filter. Only high frequency use words should be added, to make the job of the Moderator easier in having to warn people for abuse (rules like that) and save the users from themselves.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

After reading some well thought out posts by other moderators it makes more sense to me why it isnt filtered so i gotta say its fine the way it is.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I can't believe this lol
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

RoKeT wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I can't believe this lol

I'm sure everyone here agrees it is offensive, but not that it need be filtered. If its posted, I'm positive that a mod or admin would quickly edit it out. However, to filter this word.. would require many other racial slurs also to be filtered. Which would in turn require even more words be filtered. Again, nobody is condoning it.. just that it can be dealt with without a filter.
Death is the Road to Awe

Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

RoKeT wrote:You have got to be kidding me you really think it's better to leave that line of word unfiltered are you kidding it's possibly the worst word there is and xot wanna keep it I mean come on

how many posts in the entire forum use the word "Nigger"? and why should it be filtered i've never seen a post until today with "Nigger" in it.
Last edited by Rabbid Thom on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Planet of Tatooine
Race: Sand People

http://www.youtube.com/watch

do not necro a dead thread [-X
Beware - The Sleeper Has Awoken

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”