Cyber Bullying

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Re: Cyber Bullying

Daku, I did not know you were JTs son. I'm sorry to hear about that. Is this new to you?
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

I feel like Luke Skywalker atm. :(
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Re: Cyber Bulling

George Hazard wrote:Over used and abused term imho.

=D>

Highschool kids harrassed for being gay on facebook, i.e., is a lot bit different than, "attack me again and you and your officer are dead." i.e.

I can speak from experience too, as I have had my personal RL issues dumped onto the forums more than once, and actually had warning level 8.9 for 3 months straight because "people did not like my posts".

Too many pc things already imo. ](*,)
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

xDaku wrote:Every rule book in history has loop holes*

Teaches me to type on a phone.

When you start making sense JT, you'll get responses. That last post has more gibberish than all of santa's forum combined. #-o

Don't waste your time on hypocrites dak. ](*,)
This guy says to tighten up and ban, and at the same time is banned every month.
He also cursed a few times while making his loophole point......
Don't let someone trap such a tight troll under their poorly constructed bridge with a toothless woman collecting the toll. :smt025 ..................Son..

Edit : Forgot to call daku Son at first. Apologies for double post, wanted to support both tet,and dak, so posted twice rather than edit into two different categorical answers. Mai bad #-o
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

I'm sorry, but I don't see this as cyber bullying either.
FSF Princess™ wrote:

=D>

Highschool kids harrassed for being gay on facebook

So what? Delete it. Defriend them. Move the hell on.
If you are gay and someone calls you gay... I don't see the problem.
If you are not gay and someone calls you gay... ok? You know you're not gay... so who cares?
If you stop caring, they stop bothering you.

I am so sick of this bullying **Filtered** that is going around right now, every human that has ever lived and will lived will get insulted, will get picked on, will get bullied. It is the nature of the beast. Instead of raising children to be emotionally incapable of being able to handle someone calling them fat, or stupid, or gay, or a sissy, or whatever the kids are saying these days... you should be teaching children to ignore it. Speaking as one hell of a troll, to a whole forum full of trolls, do you really give a damn if someone gets upset when you call them a name? No. Half the time, if not all the time, you do it to get that reaction anyway. STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS and they will stop bothering you. Its the age old advice any smart parent gives a child that is being picked on, if you start going along with the joke, they will stop doing it as it will no longer be fun. Being called a name? Embrace it and just have fun with it.

Bullying exists and it is a problem. But with all this hypersensitivity running around abusing the moments when it is not bullying or not severe, all you are doing is taking away from those that truly do need help or protection. If everything becomes a hate crime, those truly being hated against will be lost in a sea of lesser evils and never truly assisted.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

George Hazard wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see this as cyber bullying either.
FSF Princess™ wrote:

=D>

If you are not gay and someone calls you gay... ok? You know you're not gay... so who cares?

I am so sick of this bullying **Filtered** that is going around right now, every human that has ever lived and will lived will get insulted, will get picked on, will get bullied. It is the nature of the beast. Instead of raising children to be emotionally incapable of being able to handle someone calling them fat, or stupid, or gay, or a sissy, or whatever the kids are saying these days... you should be teaching children to ignore it. Speaking as one hell of a troll, to a whole forum full of trolls, do you really give a damn if someone gets upset when you call them a name? No. Half the time, if not all the time, you do it to get that reaction anyway. STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS and they will stop bothering you. Its the age old advice any smart parent gives a child that is being picked on, if you start going along with the joke, they will stop doing it as it will no longer be fun. Being called a name? Embrace it and just have fun with it.

Bullying exists and it is a problem. But with all this hypersensitivity running around abusing the moments when it is not bullying or not severe, all you are doing is taking away from those that truly do need help or protection. If everything becomes a hate crime, those truly being hated against will be lost in a sea of lesser evils and never truly assisted.

Would you say that if somebody on this forum takes their own life?

People should not be persecuted for who they are, people should be persecuted for not allowing people to be who they are.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Dik Mo El Terrible
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: WarHeaD
Race: Terrorist

Stop crying about other people bullying, because you are a cyber bully too, noob tetris. I would cite from your older posts, but cant seem to find them...strange. :-$
psshh... ur terms r impossible... only idiots would agree to them, they're like "lay down stop playing, orelse i'll attack u like u must do the same" ... its so low life in doing so... o.O but yeah, sure.... kill me then-... bring it on... common show me what you've got...
[OWNED]
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:
FSF Princess™ wrote:

=D>

It is not our responsibility to have anything to do with what someone does off of this forum. If someone does that because of something they read online posted by someone they don't even know, then they have a hell of a lot more issues in RL than can be caused from a forum. The straw that breaks the camels back is not the sole villain, but merely one of many.

Every time you random massed someone did you think "hey, what if this guy kills himself because I did this?" No, you didn't. And no one that trolls thinks that either. Because no one thinks something so insignificant can have that effect, no one sets out to have someone kill themselves. So stop using ludicrous examples to exaggerate a topic.

So yes, bullying CAN be a problem. It is societies job to determine when it is a problem and when it is not a problem, going on a mass 'genocide-like' witch hunt to eradicate all bullying is asinine. Help someone when they legitimately need it and teach people to have respect.

FM wrote:People should not be persecuted for who they are, people should be persecuted for not allowing people to be who they are.

And right back at ya.
Its ok to persecute trolls for being trolls but not jim for being a pony lover?
Explain.

To each their own, you have no more right to persecute me for trolling when being a troll is who I am than I do to tell you wearing a purple shirt makes you look like a plum when wearing purple is just who you are.

Maybe scenarios such as your extreme example above would not happen if people were taught to have some strength instead of taking every damn thing personally and to heart. Yes, there will always be the minority that legitimately have a problem and because everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon, those people that DO need the help (such as the one in your example) are not going to get it.

Dik Mo El Terrible wrote:Stop crying about other people bullying, because you are a cyber bully too, noob tetris. I would cite from your older posts, but cant seem to find them...strange. :-$

oh look, a troll **Filtered** about trolls. :roll:
Dik Mo El Terrible
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: WarHeaD
Race: Terrorist

tetrismonkey, a frustrated troll bully spammer who wants others to stop bullying. ohhhh, the irony is killing me... :smt043
psshh... ur terms r impossible... only idiots would agree to them, they're like "lay down stop playing, orelse i'll attack u like u must do the same" ... its so low life in doing so... o.O but yeah, sure.... kill me then-... bring it on... common show me what you've got...
[OWNED]
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Dik Mo El Terrible wrote:tetrismonkey, a frustrated troll bully spammer who wants others to stop bullying. ohhhh, the irony is killing me... :smt043

The point of this thread is to discuss cyber bullying and aether it can be applied.here to the forums or.not. it holds no bearing on what I.want.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

who gets bullied on this forum it's only a small community left and everyone just about knows each over, and the ones we don't know rarely get spoken to and if so hardly negative comments from what ive seen..

ps daku a noob

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

George Hazard wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
FSF Princess™ wrote:

=D>

It is not our responsibility to have anything to do with what someone does off of this forum. If someone does that because of something they read online posted by someone they don't even know, then they have a hell of a lot more issues in RL than can be caused from a forum. The straw that breaks the camels back is not the sole villain, but merely one of many.

Every time you random massed someone did you think "hey, what if this guy kills himself because I did this?" No, you didn't. And no one that trolls thinks that either. Because no one thinks something so insignificant can have that effect, no one sets out to have someone kill themselves. So stop using ludicrous examples to exaggerate a topic.

So yes, bullying CAN be a problem. It is societies job to determine when it is a problem and when it is not a problem, going on a mass 'genocide-like' witch hunt to eradicate all bullying is asinine. Help someone when they legitimately need it and teach people to have respect.

I agree with most of what you say, except the last post. This society does not have the moral ability to do that. That's why I think you should have basic protocols that are able to tackle it.

George Hazard wrote:
FM wrote:People should not be persecuted for who they are, people should be persecuted for not allowing people to be who they are.

And right back at ya.
Its ok to persecute trolls for being trolls but not jim for being a pony lover?
Explain.

To each their own, you have no more right to persecute me for trolling when being a troll is who I am than I do to tell you wearing a purple shirt makes you look like a plum when wearing purple is just who you are.

Maybe scenarios such as your extreme example above would not happen if people were taught to have some strength instead of taking every damn thing personally and to heart. Yes, there will always be the minority that legitimately have a problem and because everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon, those people that DO need the help (such as the one in your example) are not going to get it.

I concur, however, there are examples where the trolling becomes past trolling, for example my Robert bait. It was too much, especially after he's been warned and banned. People have shown a very special spot for him in their lives, to persecute and attempt to make him do something stupid. Me included. Some mods etc. I don't pretend to have the solution and don't know if there is one. However, to knock it down based on everyone jumping on a bandwagon and having a bit of fun or that you think some people are being hyper sensitive.

I still think it should be though and posting guidelines and code of conducts would be smart or even considered.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

Cyber Bullying in a Cyber Bullying topic...oh the sad sad lulz...

I can guarantee that at least 90% of the people that say it is no big deal never once got bullied in their life or actually bullied someone themselves...*watches as the ~10% gets upset over this*

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Field Marshall wrote:
FSF Princess™ wrote:

=D>

People should not be persecuted for who they are, people should be persecuted for not allowing people to be who they are.

1- It wouldnt bother me in the least as far as feeling guilty

2- i agree, but in my many years of life and experience I have found that those that scream prejudice and discrimination are the most prejudice and discrimiatory of all. You **Filtered** and moan about acceptance yet you only accept those that accept your lifestyle or whatever the case may be.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

We have rules on the subject. They suffice, and are applied properly. No amount of trolling is going to change that.
It will, however, have personal consequences.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”