Cyber Bullying

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Cyber Bullying

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
George Hazard wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see this as cyber bullying either.
FSF Princess™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:Over used and abused term imho.

=D>

Highschool kids harrassed for being gay on facebook

So what? Delete it. Defriend them. Move the hell on.
If you are gay and someone calls you gay... I don't see the problem.
If you are not gay and someone calls you gay... ok? You know you're not gay... so who cares?
If you stop caring, they stop bothering you.

I am so sick of this bullying **Filtered** that is going around right now, every human that has ever lived and will lived will get insulted, will get picked on, will get bullied. It is the nature of the beast. Instead of raising children to be emotionally incapable of being able to handle someone calling them fat, or stupid, or gay, or a sissy, or whatever the kids are saying these days... you should be teaching children to ignore it. Speaking as one hell of a troll, to a whole forum full of trolls, do you really give a damn if someone gets upset when you call them a name? No. Half the time, if not all the time, you do it to get that reaction anyway. STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS and they will stop bothering you. Its the age old advice any smart parent gives a child that is being picked on, if you start going along with the joke, they will stop doing it as it will no longer be fun. Being called a name? Embrace it and just have fun with it.

Bullying exists and it is a problem. But with all this hypersensitivity running around abusing the moments when it is not bullying or not severe, all you are doing is taking away from those that truly do need help or protection. If everything becomes a hate crime, those truly being hated against will be lost in a sea of lesser evils and never truly assisted.

Would you say that if somebody on this forum takes their own life?

People should not be persecuted for who they are, people should be persecuted for not allowing people to be who they are.

1- It wouldnt bother me in the least as far as feeling guilty

2- i agree, but in my many years of life and experience I have found that those that scream prejudice and discrimination are the most prejudice and discrimiatory of all. You **Filtered** and moan about acceptance yet you only accept those that accept your lifestyle or whatever the case may be.

why whose offering ? 8-[

tetris has been cyber bullying for years, what a hypocrite
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

I'm a bully? Now that's a first.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
George Hazard wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't see this as cyber bullying either.
FSF Princess™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:Over used and abused term imho.

=D>

Highschool kids harrassed for being gay on facebook

So what? Delete it. Defriend them. Move the hell on.
If you are gay and someone calls you gay... I don't see the problem.
If you are not gay and someone calls you gay... ok? You know you're not gay... so who cares?
If you stop caring, they stop bothering you.

I am so sick of this bullying **Filtered** that is going around right now, every human that has ever lived and will lived will get insulted, will get picked on, will get bullied. It is the nature of the beast. Instead of raising children to be emotionally incapable of being able to handle someone calling them fat, or stupid, or gay, or a sissy, or whatever the kids are saying these days... you should be teaching children to ignore it. Speaking as one hell of a troll, to a whole forum full of trolls, do you really give a damn if someone gets upset when you call them a name? No. Half the time, if not all the time, you do it to get that reaction anyway. STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS and they will stop bothering you. Its the age old advice any smart parent gives a child that is being picked on, if you start going along with the joke, they will stop doing it as it will no longer be fun. Being called a name? Embrace it and just have fun with it.

Bullying exists and it is a problem. But with all this hypersensitivity running around abusing the moments when it is not bullying or not severe, all you are doing is taking away from those that truly do need help or protection. If everything becomes a hate crime, those truly being hated against will be lost in a sea of lesser evils and never truly assisted.

Would you say that if somebody on this forum takes their own life?

People should not be persecuted for who they are, people should be persecuted for not allowing people to be who they are.

1- It wouldnt bother me in the least as far as feeling guilty

2- i agree, but in my many years of life and experience I have found that those that scream prejudice and discrimination are the most prejudice and discrimiatory of all. You **Filtered** and moan about acceptance yet you only accept those that accept your lifestyle or whatever the case may be.

Perhaps you should read.

Field Marshall wrote:I concur, however, there are examples where the trolling becomes past trolling, for example my Robert bait. It was too much, especially after he's been warned and banned. People have shown a very special spot for him in their lives, to persecute and attempt to make him do something stupid. Me included. Some mods etc. I don't pretend to have the solution and don't know if there is one. However, to knock it down based on everyone jumping on a bandwagon and having a bit of fun or that you think some people are being hyper sensitive.

I still think it should be though and posting guidelines and code of conducts would be smart or even considered.

If your going to post, don't **Filtered** bring your baggage in. I don't give a **Filtered** about nothing. Werdz, however, the persecution of others, which was also bought up in my other thread is wrong.

Whether I contributed or not, it's not a finger pointing exercise. Not everything revolves around you.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Psyko
The Irresistible

There is no need for such a rule.

I kinda figured people would want us to get rid of some rules on this forum, not add to the already long list of them...
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Psyko wrote:There is no need for such a rule.

I kinda figured people would want us to get rid of some rules on this forum, not add to the already long list of them...
Nah, apparently people agree with Haz, and want every single little thing they could possibly do in violation of the rules to be defined word for word. :) Threefold hurray for censorship and heavy-handed moderating.

Ah well. The opinions expressed in this thread are hardly representative of the community. Just a few 'very vocal' minority members. ;) That said, the idea itself warrants consideration (like we just did), before being dismissed again. :-D
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

If anybody here has a decent memory, you can agree with me when I say I'm the foremost expert on this subject.

It happens. You can try to avoid it, run away, etc, but it'll eventually catch up with you. Deal with it by massing them back, putting a price on their head, etc.

Play the game!
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:

Nah, apparently people agree with Haz, and want every single little thing they could possibly do in violation of the rules to be defined word for word. :) Threefold hurray for censorship and heavy-handed moderating.

Ah well. The opinions expressed in this thread are hardly representative of the community. Just a few 'very vocal' minority members. ;) That said, the idea itself warrants consideration (like we just did), before being dismissed again. :-D

Just simplify whats already there. :-D

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Just simplify whats already there. :-D

Ya like no cursing in every post about not cursing..... :smt021 :smt043
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:Nah, apparently people agree with Haz, and want every single little thing they could possibly do in violation of the rules to be defined word for word.

Was wondering when I'd get dragged into this...

Not every little thing defined word for word. Just trying to avoid loopholes.

Just a note, for those arguing it, I don't feel bullied by users massing me for forum actions. I just wonder why they can't see where they are going wrong :P
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:I just wonder why they can't see where they are going wrong :P

I would imagine for the same reason you can't either.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

George Hazard wrote:

Apart from applying a ban or a warning to them (lets assume the warning is just), where have I wronged them?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

I have found the mods and the community very welcoming, tolerant, understanding and well informed.
Unusually so, in my experience of online communities.

Online ego attacks are even easier to commit, the social restraint is less, the sense of connection is almost zero, bullying is a problem in the real world, from the schoolroom, to the workplace to the board room.

To survive online you have to have some tolerance for trolls. AKA, "grow a pair of what makes a man a man"
A continuing pattern of harassment on this forum? I have no doubt it would be noticed and acted upon.

+1 to Haz.
If they do not see where they are going wrong, perhaps the warning will help. If it doesn't the ban might.
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:
George Hazard wrote:

Apart from applying a ban or a warning to them (lets assume the warning is just), where have I wronged them?

I in no way even remotely hinted you wronged anyone.
I said you do not see where you are going wrong.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

George Hazard wrote:
Haz wrote:
George Hazard wrote:

I in no way even remotely hinted you wronged anyone.
I said you do not see where you are going wrong.

Where am I going wrong in regards to R0B3RT or DDE other than applying a ban to them when they have accrued their third warning? (I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong there, it just happens to be me who is the first to see the ban request).
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

Once again you are inferring something from nothing.
I said nothing about dde.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”