Cyber Bullying

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Cyber Bullying

George Hazard wrote:Once again you are inferring something from nothing.
I said nothing about dde.

I mentioned them due to previous issues. Could you answer my question?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:

Not without severely derailing this thread
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

George Hazard wrote:
Haz wrote:

Not without severely derailing this thread

PM it then -_-
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

Or a new thread?

Someone getting bullied would be news round here.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

We hardly ever agree SS, but you are spot on here. Intelligence is lacking, even in those who claim and believe they have it. =D>

Haz he means you are too dumb to get what they are doing, and why...
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

FSF Princess™ wrote:

We hardly ever agree SS, but you are spot on here. Intelligence is lacking, even in those who claim and believe they have it. =D>

Haz he means you are too dumb to get what they are doing, and why...

Not quite
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

It's easy to lose sight of who you are and of who some people are. To some people games like these offer a way of relaxation, a place to be welcomed at, to even be appreciated. When you start hunting them down, ingame, on forums.. They don't feel that anymore. They feel they are being bullied even in their "safe zone".
Yes those that are sensitive to such actions usually have a lot on their plates in RL, they are usually being bullied all the time and this is their safe zone. While they are bullied they think of the time when they'll get home, turn PC on, open SGW and chat to some friends that count on them, that give them the feeling that they are somebody. The friends don't know what you look like, you could be obese, could have some form of deformity that people are making fun of, they just get to see what kind of a person you are. Usually those that get bullied are very nice people, people that grow to your heart if you talk to them.

Once you wreck their safe zone they literally won't have people to talk to. They will feel they are worthless. In the end those feelings often lead to suicide. Is it your fault for harassing them? Is it the fault of bullies in school? Well, ultimately, does it matter? A person is dead and you had something to do with it. The whole blame is not on you, you might not be the one that pushed them over the edge, but you helped them get to the edge and as long as there's a hint of blame on you.. I know I couldn't live knowing I was, be it even "just" partially, at fault of someone dying.
It's not just the thing of growing a pair.. Usually a lot of things happen before someone commits a suicide, it's not one specific thing, but rather the sum of things.. And even things like this can add to it.

Rare few people know I have gotten such a message on these very forums by someone who I was at war with, a message that shows intention of suicide due to actions you had committed online. Yes it's a war game. The message was, thankfully, a bluff (which I had sensed) to get me to do something I didn't want to do. But to think it could have been real..

As I said, it's easy to lose sight of things, to lose the perspective of what they might mean.. It's not the thing of growing a pair, it's the thing of growing a brain to know what exactly it is you are doing and realizing what consequence it might have.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

If i was not on my phone I'd quote that billy Madison quote about useless responses.
Literally that entire wall of text contributes nothing to this discussion. It is literally an essay about a completely different topic. Why....

So since you wanted to be a part of this topic, I'll make it simpler for you to do so and ask a nice direct question... do you think cyber bullying needs to be further addressed beyond the current abuse rules?
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Oh snap. (Random Smiley here)
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

George Hazard wrote:If i was not on my phone I'd quote that billy Madison quote about useless responses.
Literally that entire wall of text contributes nothing to this discussion. It is literally an essay about a completely different topic. Why....

So since you wanted to be a part of this topic, I'll make it simpler for you to do so and ask a nice direct question... do you think cyber bullying needs to be further addressed beyond the current abuse rules?

If I didn't have manners I would say you should learn to read things before making dumb remarks about whether or not something contributes to the topic at hand, something that, apparently, only you know what's right.

So since you addressed me I'll give you an advice that you need to learn to read between the lines. Had you read between the lines you would have already known my answer to your question was positive.

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

Neimenljivi wrote:
George Hazard wrote:If i was not on my phone I'd quote that billy Madison quote about useless responses.

If I didn't have manners I would say you should learn to read things before making dumb remarks about whether or not something contributes to the topic at hand, something that, apparently, only you know what's right.

So since you addressed me I'll give you an advice that you need to learn to read between the lines. Had you read between the lines you would have already known my answer to your question was positive.

~N

Oh look. Yet another completely useless post.

There was nothing between the lines you just rambled about suicide. That is not what this topic is about.
You just acknowledged my direct question to you and posted this once again useless response. If you want to post dribble at least give us a reason to read it in the right threads.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

George Hazard wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~N

There was nothing between the lines you just rambled about suicide. That is not what this topic is about.
You just acknowledged my direct question to you and posted this once again useless response. If you want to post dribble at least give us a reason to read it in the right threads.

Do you even read before you respond? You've given me a direct question and I've given you a direct response. So, you were saying?

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible

[spoiler]
Neimenljivi wrote:It's easy to lose sight of who you are and of who some people are. To some people games like these offer a way of relaxation, a place to be welcomed at, to even be appreciated. When you start hunting them down, ingame, on forums.. They don't feel that anymore. They feel they are being bullied even in their "safe zone".
Yes those that are sensitive to such actions usually have a lot on their plates in RL, they are usually being bullied all the time and this is their safe zone. While they are bullied they think of the time when they'll get home, turn PC on, open SGW and chat to some friends that count on them, that give them the feeling that they are somebody. The friends don't know what you look like, you could be obese, could have some form of deformity that people are making fun of, they just get to see what kind of a person you are. Usually those that get bullied are very nice people, people that grow to your heart if you talk to them.

Once you wreck their safe zone they literally won't have people to talk to. They will feel they are worthless. In the end those feelings often lead to suicide. Is it your fault for harassing them? Is it the fault of bullies in school? Well, ultimately, does it matter? A person is dead and you had something to do with it. The whole blame is not on you, you might not be the one that pushed them over the edge, but you helped them get to the edge and as long as there's a hint of blame on you.. I know I couldn't live knowing I was, be it even "just" partially, at fault of someone dying.
It's not just the thing of growing a pair.. Usually a lot of things happen before someone commits a suicide, it's not one specific thing, but rather the sum of things.. And even things like this can add to it.

Rare few people know I have gotten such a message on these very forums by someone who I was at war with, a message that shows intention of suicide due to actions you had committed online. Yes it's a war game. The message was, thankfully, a bluff (which I had sensed) to get me to do something I didn't want to do. But to think it could have been real..

As I said, it's easy to lose sight of things, to lose the perspective of what they might mean.. It's not the thing of growing a pair, it's the thing of growing a brain to know what exactly it is you are doing and realizing what consequence it might have.

~N
Long post about how in-game actions can negatively affect those with self-worth issues negatively, implying support for further rules preventing bullying.

Sardonic post calling attention to the fact that the opinion was written in story format with an unclear topic of discussion. Request for clearer answer regarding the topic at hand.
Neimenljivi wrote:If I didn't have manners I would say you should learn to read things before making dumb remarks about whether or not something contributes to the topic at hand, something that, apparently, only you know what's right.

~N
Ironic comment stating what he would say if he didn't have manners, without excusing himself for not using said manners.

Vague answer to the question, which would be easily missed by someone who doesn't read implied answers/comments. The answer to the question being, "Yes."
George Hazard wrote:Oh look. Yet another completely useless post.

Not so passive-aggressive, yet patronizing, post demanding a clearer answer to his previous question.
Neimenljivi wrote:Do you even read before you respond? You've given me a direct question and I've given you a direct response. So, you were saying?

~N
Claims to have met direct question with direct answer and calls the other user out to continue this idiotic tangential conversation.

Instead of each of you challenging the other's mental acuity and trying to display your own intelligence, how about you guys act like reasonably intelligent human beings and let it go.[/spoiler]

Personally, I don't believe a new rule can or should be instated. The prior discussion about cyber bullying essentially ended up with, "We already have the Abuse Rule if things get that far. We have no control over in-game actions." If we were to create an "effective" cyber bullying rule, it would need to cross over Forum and Game, and the only person who can determine that is AdminJason.

That said, even if such a rule were introduced, there is no one on staff aside from AdminJason who has jurisdiction policing both Game and Forum. There would be no other person(s) to issue punishments to users who violated such a rule, and we all know he doesn't have time for that.

But again, I don't think such a rule needs to be instated. If a user is having issues with another user, they can come to us. If that does not work, the user can leave the community if it is no longer a place of which they wish to be a part.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Tetris monkey hurts my feelings, everytime he makes a post about me i wanna cut myself alittle deeper =(
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

Neimenljivi wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~N

Do you even read before you respond? You've given me a direct question and I've given you a direct response. So, you were saying?

~N

I certainly do, and then I dismiss idiocy.
I'm glad you answered, it was muddled in all that moronic dribble so I missed it. Perhaps you can learn something from this and instead of droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on about stupidity no one and I mean no one wants to read... how about just answer the questions or at least try to respond to the actual topic. I mean you should after all be setting an example for the rest of us oh great and powerful oz.

Psyko wrote:Personally, I don't believe a new rule can or should be instated. The prior discussion about cyber bullying essentially ended up with, "We already have the Abuse Rule if things get that far. We have no control over in-game actions." If we were to create an "effective" cyber bullying rule, it would need to cross over Forum and Game, and the only person who can determine that is AdminJason.

That said, even if such a rule were introduced, there is no one on staff aside from AdminJason who has jurisdiction policing both Game and Forum. There would be no other person(s) to issue punishments to users who violated such a rule, and we all know he doesn't have time for that.

But again, I don't think such a rule needs to be instated. If a user is having issues with another user, they can come to us. If that does not work, the user can leave the community if it is no longer a place of which they wish to be a part.

No more rules need to be instated. Different rules yes.
But before anything gets added, some need to be removed.

This place needs to loosen the **Filtered** up.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”