Cyber Bullying

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Re: Cyber Bullying

Just need one simple line. "Treat everyone with a respectful decorum".

Problem solved. :roll:
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

George Hazard wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:
George Hazard wrote:If i was not on my phone I'd quote that billy Madison quote about useless responses.
Literally that entire wall of text contributes nothing to this discussion. It is literally an essay about a completely different topic. Why....

So since you wanted to be a part of this topic, I'll make it simpler for you to do so and ask a nice direct question... do you think cyber bullying needs to be further addressed beyond the current abuse rules?

If I didn't have manners I would say you should learn to read things before making dumb remarks about whether or not something contributes to the topic at hand, something that, apparently, only you know what's right.

So since you addressed me I'll give you an advice that you need to learn to read between the lines. Had you read between the lines you would have already known my answer to your question was positive.

~N

Oh look. Yet another completely useless post.

There was nothing between the lines you just rambled about suicide. That is not what this topic is about.
You just acknowledged my direct question to you and posted this once again useless response. If you want to post dribble at least give us a reason to read it in the right threads.

Do you even read before you respond? You've given me a direct question and I've given you a direct response. So, you were saying?

~N

I certainly do, and then I dismiss idiocy.
I'm glad you answered, it was muddled in all that moronic dribble so I missed it. Perhaps you can learn something from this and instead of droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on about stupidity no one and I mean no one wants to read... how about just answer the questions or at least try to respond to the actual topic. I mean you should after all be setting an example for the rest of us oh great and powerful oz.

Psyko wrote:Personally, I don't believe a new rule can or should be instated. The prior discussion about cyber bullying essentially ended up with, "We already have the Abuse Rule if things get that far. We have no control over in-game actions." If we were to create an "effective" cyber bullying rule, it would need to cross over Forum and Game, and the only person who can determine that is AdminJason.

That said, even if such a rule were introduced, there is no one on staff aside from AdminJason who has jurisdiction policing both Game and Forum. There would be no other person(s) to issue punishments to users who violated such a rule, and we all know he doesn't have time for that.

But again, I don't think such a rule needs to be instated. If a user is having issues with another user, they can come to us. If that does not work, the user can leave the community if it is no longer a place of which they wish to be a part.

No more rules need to be instated. Different rules yes.
But before anything gets added, some need to be removed.

This place needs to loosen the **Filtered** up.

I did answer. And no, I don't need to be setting an example for trolls who live in past glories and pretend they are the start and the end for everything, like you. If it was such a stupid post not linked to the topic of discussion then the joke's on you for spending minutes of your life reading it, not understanding it and then replying how moronic something that you didn't understand is.

That being said I never said it was practical to put this into rules. I said it would be prudent to have a rule but it is impractical (except the 'common sense') and, as Psyko said, pretty much impossible to make sure people don't break it.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

xDaku wrote:Just need one simple line. "Treat everyone with a respectful decorum".

Problem solved. :roll:

I think its funny that the people most often found to be violating said line fight for it.
I'd include myself in that, but I'm not advocating for respect.

I'm advocating for a change in Why the rules are there and what they do.
They should not be there to protect anyone, they should be there to punish those that break them.

The effect on the victim is trivial, once the rule is broken the damage is done. A board warning doesn't make it go away. So worrying about that is completely pointless. Focus on the punishment aspect so it doesn't happen in the first place and stop focusing on the person its happening to.

Make the rules less restricting in terms of content and more enforced in terms of abuse. Stop letting "its RP" Its a War Thread" dictate exceptions. I don't care what it is or where it is the rues should be uniformly enforced throughout the entire forum. From general to market to spam section.

All the damn sections should be modded the same. GMs (sorry, "Section Heads") should not be intrsucting different standards from their team. Its one forum. One set of rules. You wonder why people break them? The system is so god damned confusing that it crosses back over itself a thousand times.

Lets get rid of the ombudsman.
Lets call all the section heads ombudsman. Really?

Section heads are in charge of their mods.
Haz is Mod Admin. Really?

There is no authority on this forum, no perceived chain of command.
All you cyan people are running around like top dogs and no one takes accountability for the crap that follows... look at the damn awards. Almost every single one of the section heads had their grubby hands in on it posting like it was their show. I didn't see any of your names on the roster of award staff. Poor psyko was stuck cleaning up that atrocity and took every ounce of abuse from the public single-handedly while the rest of you sat in there and kissed yourselves further up the ass of popularity.

Do we need more strict rules? No.
The rules are already there. No one is properly enforcing them, and no one ever has (my administration included). FIX IT.

Do we need less strict rules? YES.
This is not a nazi prison camp. WE ARE ALL PEOPLE.
Stop taking every damn thing so seriously, kick back, and have a laugh or two.
Instead of getting a stick up your asses about a few spam posts, go yell at people who actually deserve it.
Neimenljivi wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:
George Hazard wrote:If i was not on my phone I'd quote that billy Madison quote about useless responses.
Literally that entire wall of text contributes nothing to this discussion. It is literally an essay about a completely different topic. Why....

So since you wanted to be a part of this topic, I'll make it simpler for you to do so and ask a nice direct question... do you think cyber bullying needs to be further addressed beyond the current abuse rules?

If I didn't have manners I would say you should learn to read things before making dumb remarks about whether or not something contributes to the topic at hand, something that, apparently, only you know what's right.

So since you addressed me I'll give you an advice that you need to learn to read between the lines. Had you read between the lines you would have already known my answer to your question was positive.

~N

Oh look. Yet another completely useless post.

There was nothing between the lines you just rambled about suicide. That is not what this topic is about.
You just acknowledged my direct question to you and posted this once again useless response. If you want to post dribble at least give us a reason to read it in the right threads.

Do you even read before you respond? You've given me a direct question and I've given you a direct response. So, you were saying?

~N

I certainly do, and then I dismiss idiocy.
I'm glad you answered, it was muddled in all that moronic dribble so I missed it. Perhaps you can learn something from this and instead of droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on about stupidity no one and I mean no one wants to read... how about just answer the questions or at least try to respond to the actual topic. I mean you should after all be setting an example for the rest of us oh great and powerful oz.

Psyko wrote:Personally, I don't believe a new rule can or should be instated. The prior discussion about cyber bullying essentially ended up with, "We already have the Abuse Rule if things get that far. We have no control over in-game actions." If we were to create an "effective" cyber bullying rule, it would need to cross over Forum and Game, and the only person who can determine that is AdminJason.

That said, even if such a rule were introduced, there is no one on staff aside from AdminJason who has jurisdiction policing both Game and Forum. There would be no other person(s) to issue punishments to users who violated such a rule, and we all know he doesn't have time for that.

But again, I don't think such a rule needs to be instated. If a user is having issues with another user, they can come to us. If that does not work, the user can leave the community if it is no longer a place of which they wish to be a part.

No more rules need to be instated. Different rules yes.
But before anything gets added, some need to be removed.

This place needs to loosen the **Filtered** up.

I did answer. And no, I don't need to be setting an example for trolls who live in past glories and pretend they are the start and the end for everything, like you. If it was such a stupid post not linked to the topic of discussion then the joke's on you for spending minutes of your life reading it, not understanding it and then replying how moronic something that you didn't understand is.

That being said I never said it was practical to put this into rules. I said it would be prudent to have a rule but it is impractical (except the 'common sense') and, as Psyko said, pretty much impossible to make sure people don't break it.

~N

Which completely makes everything you have said... utterly useless.
I don't live in any glory or think highly of myself in any way. I don't give a damn what you or anyone else here thinks of me. You don't like my opinion? Click foe.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

harchester wrote:Tetris monkey hurts my feelings, everytime he makes a post about me i wanna cut myself alittle deeper =(

^ This.....the one thing I agree with Harvester on....Yes Harvester, he harvests troll energy...
So to conclude, FM you are a bad boy. Rob3rt, you are a bad boy. SS you are master of trolling in this here thread, NOT FM.
Epic win for me I'd say as I called it how I saws its...... :smt106
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I kind of agree with GH last post. The right person at the right time COULD set a foundation for a successful gaming forum with rules, (less but enforced), a very good awards system and a much much friendlier atmosphere whilst focusing on RECRUITING new people this -a-way.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Jedi~Tank wrote:I kind of agree with GH last post. The right person at the right time COULD set a foundation for a successful gaming forum with rules, (less but enforced), a very good awards system and a much much friendlier atmosphere whilst focusing on RECRUITING new people this -a-way.

You mean an atmosphere like this? " bark bark bark " , or "You just a bleep bleep, SON." Get a life dude. PLEASE if you haven't just start drinking again already so we can stop with your multiple personality posts. You and harchie with your every other post "Im a changed jerk" posts get old. At least I don't pretend, and I say it how I see it.

@ GH - We should change the subject to RL bullied go to forums to be cyber-bullies eh?
You my friend, need to grow the hell up and get a real life bro. Oh mighty and strong one. That had 58 bagillion posts of no substance towards war or this game really except once a year. Handing out trophies.

I Bet SS will have 50 people come defend him, but I am proving HIS point. Just man up. JT as well.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

massing people in game allainces or friends of alliances or officers is part of the game going back to the server wars partly due to them being long drawn out boring affairs it was used to spice things up

now if people make really dumb comments there alliances are massed as punishment the same with mods if they get to big for there boots as alot of people insult alot of people dont do anything others suffer for them simple its not cyber bullying its a war tactic

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

CCexyDCapedCrusader wrote:massing people in game allainces or friends of alliances or officers is part of the game going back to the server wars partly due to them being long drawn out boring affairs it was used to spice things up

now if people make really dumb comments there alliances are massed as punishment the same with mods if they get to big for there boots as alot of people insult alot of people dont do anything others suffer for them simple its not cyber bullying its a war tactic

This has nothing to do with massing an alliance lol.

@ Jedi Prius - NO answer? Thought not. Seeing as how you can refute none of it without a dismissive, "Bleepity bleep bark SON." You are a real disappointment to many, and a hero to a few kids. How does that make ya feel? You wear it horribly.
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:@ GH - We should change the subject to RL bullied go to forums to be cyber-bullies eh?
You my friend, need to grow the hell up and get a real life bro. Oh mighty and strong one. That had 58 bagillion posts of no substance towards war or this game really except once a year. Handing out trophies.

I Bet SS will have 50 people come defend him, but I am proving HIS point. Just man up. JT as well.

First, let me just say that when I saw this one I was liek "oh oh oh, time to switch from phone posting to mah PC" :-D
You and I are going to be doing quite the verbal tango unless you chicken out buckaroo.

For your information (and this goes back to my other post where you should be pulling your noggin' out of your caboose and learning things before speaking) only 20% of my total post count was spam :-)
The vast majority was things forum related as that was the central focus of my entire time spent here. The rest was things tailored to HVE, as that was my purpose here.

So you say it has no substance, because I didn't post in war threads like a smug sob?
Explain to me why someone of such worthlessness would have 50 people rushing to his defense? Clearly I was saying something right :-k

So poppet, are we going to have another round? May two or three more?

Lets finish this one first though eh?

I was not bullied. You know why? Cause baby I played right along with it, still do. Its more fun when someone tries to troll you to just roll on through, troll yourself and then dish it back than it is to become a pissy lil' brat that can't take a punch.

If people come on here to compensate themselves for being treated poorly as a child. Shame on them for being hypocrites. My personality on this forum is my personality in real life. What you see is what I am. I don't need to pretend to be someone else, apparently you do though. So... gl with that. Cyber bullying is an extremely abused term nowadays used to further feed the over psychologically evaluated society we live in. Not every thing is a disease to be cured by a head shrinker and not everything is a life endangering problem. Bullies exist, they will always exist. People should be taught to deal with it rather than run away from it. Its the only way to win. You can either out troll a troll or walk away. Anything else and they win.
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

CCexyDCapedCrusader wrote:now if people make really dumb comments there alliances are massed as punishment the same with mods if they get to big for there boots as alot of people insult alot of people dont do anything others suffer for them simple its not cyber bullying its a war tactic

Its not cyber-bullying. But it i exactly the reason this forum has died ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I like this Hazard. Ironically, of course, because I am hipster like that, but there it is.

Oh, and on the subject of that cyber-bullying: yes, no.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

:-k

So on this forum you hang out with men all day making references to sex with them, and about how fat each other are?
That is essentially what you are saying when you say, "I have no internet persona, I am the same in real life."

Is that not correct?
Don't know about you but ive been married, had affairs, and have had enough sex to produce children. I wouldn't know how to "incorporate" that into this forum, but if you can anyone can I guess.

Blarb!! Child support payments!! Blarb!! Ex-Wives!! Blarb!![color=#00BF00]
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote::-k

So on this forum you hang out with men all day making references to sex with them, and about how fat each other are?
That is essentially what you are saying when you say, "I have no internet persona, I am the same in real life."

Is that not correct?
Don't know about you but ive been married, had affairs, and have had enough sex to produce children. I wouldn't know how to "incorporate" that into this forum, but if you can anyone can I guess.

To be completely honest, I joke around like that all the time.

You know what my name tag says at work? "Manager: Putz".
You know why? Its funny.

Sure, be yourself. If you can't say the same things online you can say in real life or vice versa then you have a problem.
I'm a shy bugger till I get to know you, then you get a flood of sarcasm and **Filtered**. Hidden beneath it is a nice that guy would do anything for ya. Thats me, got no problems with it.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

George Hazard wrote:

Is that not correct?

You know why? Its funny.

Sure, be yourself. If you can't say the same things online you can say in real life or vice versa then you have a problem.
I'm a shy bugger till I get to know you, then you get a flood of sarcasm and **Filtered**. Hidden beneath it is a nice that guy would do anything for ya. Thats me, got no problems with it.

Ok.
SOME HONESTY.
Now on to my ex wife.......Tired of getting multiple court papers for the same case!!! Blarg!!
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:

Is that not correct?

You know why? Its funny.

Ok.
SOME HONESTY.
Now on to my ex wife.......Tired of getting multiple court papers for the same case!!! Blarg!!

See. Was that so hard?

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”