Cyber Bullying

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...

Moderator: General - Battle/FAQ Mods

Locked
User avatar
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 am
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum
Location: Sarcophagus
Contact:

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Dexter Morgan™ » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:36 am

George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote::-k


George Hazard wrote:See. Was that so hard?

That's what he said.

@ Guild and SS - Since you seem to think your ammo is your I.Q., I would challenge either of you to come even close to mine. SS, you may have a shot at the goal. Score just 10 points LOWER than me, and I will allow you to challenge my intellect. If I score 10 points higher, then Guild is not allowed to make awkward smileys for a week, and SS can have the ego that comes with it.

Not sure how we would set it up though to check for cheats, etc..
Image

User avatar
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin
Location: Hazard Iron Works

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by SuperSaiyan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:40 am

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote::-k


George Hazard wrote:See. Was that so hard?

That's what he said.

@ Guild and SS - Since you seem to think your ammo is your I.Q., I would challenge either of you to come even close to mine. SS, you may have a shot at the goal. Score just 10 points LOWER than me, and I will allow you to challenge my intellect. If I score 10 points higher, then Guild is not allowed to make awkward smileys for a week, and SS can have the ego that comes with it.

Not sure how we would set it up though to check for cheats, etc..

I don't have a low enough level of self esteem to entertain that ridiculous notion.
On the internet anyone can be smart, its called google.

My "ammo" is not solely intellect based, it is common-sense infused with knowing how to speak :-$

User avatar
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 am
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum
Location: Sarcophagus
Contact:

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Dexter Morgan™ » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:44 am

George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote::-k


George Hazard wrote:See. Was that so hard?

That's what he said.

@ Guild and SS - Since you seem to think your ammo is your I.Q., I would challenge either of you to come even close to mine. SS, you may have a shot at the goal. Score just 10 points LOWER than me, and I will allow you to challenge my intellect. If I score 10 points higher, then Guild is not allowed to make awkward smileys for a week, and SS can have the ego that comes with it.

Not sure how we would set it up though to check for cheats, etc..

I don't have a low enough level of self esteem to entertain that ridiculous notion.
On the internet anyone can be smart, its called google.

My "ammo" is not solely intellect based, it is common-sense infused with knowing how to speak :-$

Obviously that is a FAIL no.
You do not even know what I.Q. is? It is the capacity to problem solve with no foreknowledge memorized. Google smoogle. Either take the challenge, or cease and desist with the innuendos that you are smarter than I. Because it simply is false. I don't need to challenge you is an easy way out of something. You say you use intellect as "ammo" for trolling, so let's either see what ya got, or rescind your statement.....
Image

User avatar
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin
Location: Hazard Iron Works

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by SuperSaiyan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 am

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote::-k


George Hazard wrote:See. Was that so hard?

That's what he said.

@ Guild and SS - Since you seem to think your ammo is your I.Q., I would challenge either of you to come even close to mine. SS, you may have a shot at the goal. Score just 10 points LOWER than me, and I will allow you to challenge my intellect. If I score 10 points higher, then Guild is not allowed to make awkward smileys for a week, and SS can have the ego that comes with it.

Not sure how we would set it up though to check for cheats, etc..

I don't have a low enough level of self esteem to entertain that ridiculous notion.
On the internet anyone can be smart, its called google.

My "ammo" is not solely intellect based, it is common-sense infused with knowing how to speak :-$

Obviously that is a FAIL no.
You do not even know what I.Q. is? It is the capacity to problem solve with no foreknowledge memorized. Google smoogle. Either take the challenge, or cease and desist with the innuendos that you are smarter than I. Because it simply is false. I don't need to challenge you is an easy way out of something. You say you use intellect as "ammo" for trolling, so let's either see what ya got, or rescind your statement.....


Lol. And the overbearing challenge is merely a tact to seem bigger than you are. A bluff tactic.
I didn't say I don't need to, I said I don't care enough to. I don't have to prove anything, I don't consider myself any more intelligent than the average person, I just consider you less so ;)
I would think I am better with words than most people, but only in print. I'm horrible when it comes to verbal communication.

And no where did I say I use "internet-ellect" as ammo for trolling, I am not Juliette. I use the information I know about something. Ie. If I was going to troll you, I would use things I know about you. Not things I know about american history, which would be part of my composed intellect. I don't recall calling you stupid either, I did however twice say that you needed to get your head out of your ass and learn about the things you were trying to troll me with. Such as the end events of my tenure here etc.

Observation my boy. Observation.

User avatar
zach obourn
Forum Irregular
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:56 pm
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Homeless
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Trashcan Man,Homelessguy and Zach Obourn.
Location: Melvindale,Mi
Contact:

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by zach obourn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:19 am

well, you must of make some of my villagers as you put it mad, apologize [-X :p
Image
ImageImageImageImage
Image
You started playing on Wednesday, June 8th 2011 - 19:45:37 GMT

5 Second Sig By Legend
SpoilerShow
Image
Trade FeedBack Naq Sold To Date 100T
UU Sold To Date 820M
Turns Sold to Date 9K

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:23 am
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089
Quantum Wins/Loses: 9001/0
Location: Slovenia

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Neimenljivi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:05 am

Let's get back on the topic and stop spamming ;)

~N
Image
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
SpoilerShow
Image
Image

Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 am
ID: 0

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Cwalen » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Everyone has been waiting from my .02 ;)

So here it is.

Toughen up, loosen up, and most of all take it all a bit less seriously.

<personal>
Haven't experienced much bullying here. Few people with attitude problems on the forum, couple of wannabe thugs in game. In both cases, explaining or demonstrating that I am a fully armed, competent individual has resolved the situation.
Then again, the last serious incident of intimidation that I experienced was someone wielding a machete and chasing someone while yelling "I am going to cut you a new <self edits> "place to defecate from" then let my dog <SE> "fornicate" you in it"

Makes most cyber bulling look sort of tame.


<for the forum>
Laughing at the sort of standard abuse that all of us have witnessed on the forum, laughing along with it? ignoring it, tolerating it, participating in it.

This adds to the hostile atmosphere. Both for the target and for the many who read the exchange.
Supportive comments,Warnings, bans... all tools that can be used to change the cultural norms towards hopefully an environment where more people feel welcome.

If we collectively want more forum participation? Which does drive community and participation. It is not just the beating up on newbies that is an issue.

Some newbie wanders in, hopefully they read before they post, if they read useless threads spammed up with abuse? Well 100-200 active players at any moment? should be 500 active daily players and a thousand or more weekly players.
Looking at the forums? Either most of the logins are automated or we have a problem with forum takeup.

Hardened established players taking "friendly" shots at one another, is as much as a PR problem as anyone picking on new people.
Alliance spamming of threads?

I'll get back onto my war horse and point out that a system the requires several years of input or thousand on thousands of hours to join the pack presents a serious barrier to new players.
That is a different topic.

For today? Abuse is a problem, as much for the way it effects random readers as it does the "intended" target.

User avatar
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Posts: 12750
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:39 pm
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572
Location: Canada, British Columbia

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Noobert » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:03 pm

People will always target Moderator's and I just laugh when they do. People who get upset about a warning and mass or harm the Moderator in question or their friends/alliance are just children.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
harchester
Forum History
Posts: 10277
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:31 am
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks
Location: Scotland

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by harchester » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:16 pm

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I kind of agree with GH last post. The right person at the right time COULD set a foundation for a successful gaming forum with rules, (less but enforced), a very good awards system and a much much friendlier atmosphere whilst focusing on RECRUITING new people this -a-way.

You mean an atmosphere like this? " bark bark bark " , or "You just a bleep bleep, SON." Get a life dude. PLEASE if you haven't just start drinking again already so we can stop with your multiple personality posts. You and harchie with your every other post "Im a changed jerk" posts get old. At least I don't pretend, and I say it how I see it.

@ GH - We should change the subject to RL bullied go to forums to be cyber-bullies eh?
You my friend, need to grow the hell up and get a real life bro. Oh mighty and strong one. That had 58 bagillion posts of no substance towards war or this game really except once a year. Handing out trophies.

I Bet SS will have 50 people come defend him, but I am proving HIS point. Just man up. JT as well.



im not a meanie...i just want us all to get along no fighting just relax....it was many years ago i enjoyed being a jerk....now im cuddly and caaauutee :smt019
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...

User avatar
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 am
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum
Location: Sarcophagus
Contact:

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Dexter Morgan™ » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 am

You are right Harchester, there is no need to make anyone feel upset on a text based game. We have all known each other for years now, some for 7-8 years.
Let's just call a truce and we can end all hostile posts, and have some fun.
I was sad to see Rob3rt go, and he was a "mouth". Not all have to tell me to commit suicide and call me a molester, some just call me "noob wan.t fite join fs. fm fite for u :smt019 "
BOY IS THAT A BIG DIFFERENCE from two mouths from DDE that both play villains.
So all in all, as long as people don't attack my RL, or tell me to kill myself, I don't have blow up instances anymore.

Cyber-bullying is no different nowadays than RL bullying imo, because it's obvious we live in a techno-centric society. (Hoping I coined that last phrase, but not sure because I feel its clever.
Image

User avatar
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin
Location: Hazard Iron Works

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by SuperSaiyan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:34 pm

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:Cyber-bullying is no different nowadays than RL bullying imo, because it's obvious we live in a techno-centric society. (Hoping I coined that last phrase, but not sure because I feel its clever.

except for the main difference, you do not need to participate in the medium you are being cyber-bullied in.

User avatar
Haz
Time Lord
Posts: 3409
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:04 am
Race: Time Lord

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Haz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:54 pm

George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:Cyber-bullying is no different nowadays than RL bullying imo, because it's obvious we live in a techno-centric society. (Hoping I coined that last phrase, but not sure because I feel its clever.

except for the main difference, you do not need to participate in the medium you are being cyber-bullied in.


Why should someone stop participating in something they enjoy just because they are being bullied? Wouldn't that just be letting those bullying win?
Image

Mod Admin
Tech Admin

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.

CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
SpoilerShow
Image
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Image
Image
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
SpoilerShow
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198000900752]Image[/url]

User avatar
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 am
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum
Location: Sarcophagus
Contact:

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Dexter Morgan™ » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Haz wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:Cyber-bullying is no different nowadays than RL bullying imo, because it's obvious we live in a techno-centric society. (Hoping I coined that last phrase, but not sure because I feel its clever.

except for the main difference, you do not need to participate in the medium you are being cyber-bullied in.


Why should someone stop participating in something they enjoy just because they are being bullied? Wouldn't that just be letting those bullying win?

Haz, i like your style, but you are not fooling me ;)

On a serious note, GH - we should not have to choose where we are pushed around. The point is to stop this nonsense before we all get "out of hand" with troll vs. actual bullying. You HAVE to go to school, and then you are bullied. Is it ok? Should you drop out? Maybe pick up a weapon and "mow them down". Or should we just respect human beings out of common sense and mutual respect?

@ Haz - Was not knocking your point, but I am not an idiot, your tom foolery trollish ways are amateur at best. Take a lesson from GH if ya wanna troll. If ya want, I will lay out a timeline for ya of your "obvious" trolls. The point of trolling is to not be recognized. And at that, you are horrible. At your job, you are getting much better, and at your taste in television, good as well. But before you start getting bored even though you are moderating and playing, stop and think about "professional" trolls that have come before and will come after.
Image

User avatar
Haz
Time Lord
Posts: 3409
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:04 am
Race: Time Lord

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by Haz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 pm

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
Haz wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:Cyber-bullying is no different nowadays than RL bullying imo, because it's obvious we live in a techno-centric society. (Hoping I coined that last phrase, but not sure because I feel its clever.

except for the main difference, you do not need to participate in the medium you are being cyber-bullied in.


Why should someone stop participating in something they enjoy just because they are being bullied? Wouldn't that just be letting those bullying win?

Haz, i like your style, but you are not fooling me ;)

On a serious note, GH - we should not have to choose where we are pushed around. The point is to stop this nonsense before we all get "out of hand" with troll vs. actual bullying. You HAVE to go to school, and then you are bullied. Is it ok? Should you drop out? Maybe pick up a weapon and "mow them down". Or should we just respect human beings out of common sense and mutual respect?

@ Haz - Was not knocking your point, but I am not an idiot, your tom foolery trollish ways are amateur at best. Take a lesson from GH if ya wanna troll. If ya want, I will lay out a timeline for ya of your "obvious" trolls. The point of trolling is to not be recognized. And at that, you are horrible. At your job, you are getting much better, and at your taste in television, good as well. But before you start getting bored even though you are moderating and playing, stop and think about "professional" trolls that have come before and will come after.


That's the thing, I'm not even trying to troll... I am genuinely asking these questions...
Image

Mod Admin
Tech Admin

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.

CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
SpoilerShow
Image
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Image
Image
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
SpoilerShow
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198000900752]Image[/url]

User avatar
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin
Location: Hazard Iron Works

Re: Cyber Bullying

Post by SuperSaiyan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:08 am

Haz wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:Cyber-bullying is no different nowadays than RL bullying imo, because it's obvious we live in a techno-centric society. (Hoping I coined that last phrase, but not sure because I feel its clever.

except for the main difference, you do not need to participate in the medium you are being cyber-bullied in.


Why should someone stop participating in something they enjoy just because they are being bullied? Wouldn't that just be letting those bullying win?

Did you just read what you said?

If you are being bullied to he extent it is causing you emotional trauma to the point you cannot take it... you aren't enjoying it anymore. Simple solution... leave.

That is the difference between actual bullying and Cyber Bullying. When you are bullied in real life leaving is not as simple as literally clicking a button.


Walking away might be letting them win, but at the end of the day if they are effecting you that much, you are winning too ;)
If you can't handle it, why the hell stand in the middle of the fray and be abused?

Locked

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”