Omitting certain sections from "View new posts"

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Omitting certain sections from "View new posts"

Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:And this is relevant how? It doesn't matter who wants what. What matters is whether it is a valid request and whether it can be implemented without disrupting other forum features, if that is a possibility.
Where is that wall, I would like to bang my head against it..
Your response to his post (because yes, 'no search indexing' does remove the Market from the New Posts as well - it is just another view of search results after all) implied you considered it a valid option. It is not.

It would change things for the entire member base, not just the very few people who want it changed. Any hope you give on this subject is false hope. Unless you are seriously considering removing the Market from New Posts because 3 people do not want to see it.. :roll:

Instead of leaping to the assumption that I am saying it is a bad idea because DaDigi proposed it (which I find both ridiculous and extremely insulting towards my professionalism), read what I wrote. It is not a viable course of action because very few people want it, and your elephant gun would change it for everyone.

R.T.F.P.I.O.G.S.I.A.T.W.Y.A.B.

It is extremely simple. The answer to the thread is 'No, not on an individual basis for people who do want to retain access to the Market'. Aaand we're done. Next question.

If an option is available, I could easily try to incorporate it into a usergroup that you must be a member of in order to reap the benefits of it... much like the "No Market" "No Ascended" usergroups... I'm actually trying to avoid changes which would affect the whole userbase.

I never mentioned anything about you hating it because Dadigi suggested it. You said that yourself :smt043

Nor did I mention anything about using the "elephant gun" idea. Dadigi suggested a solution. I told him the effects of said solution. I said nothing about agreeing or disagreeing with said suggestion.

Also, the amount of people wanting it does not have any effect on its viability.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

;)
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Wow, look what the cat dragged in.

I didn't suggest removing that forum from all searches as a fix. Merely an avenue to go down to find a potential resolution to my idea.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

After a bit of research, I have created the usergroup No Market in "View New Posts" which does what the title says. Unfortunately, it also removes the capability to search the Market Forum.

But as the usergroup is freely open, you can come and go as you please if for some reason you need the capability of searching the Market Section.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Haz wrote:After a bit of research, I have created the usergroup No Market in "View New Posts" which does what the title says. Unfortunately, it also removes the capability to search the Market Forum.

But as the usergroup is freely open, you can come and go as you please if for some reason you need the capability of searching the Market Section.
How is that group really any different from No Market?
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Z E R O wrote:
Haz wrote:After a bit of research, I have created the usergroup No Market in "View New Posts" which does what the title says. Unfortunately, it also removes the capability to search the Market Forum.

How is that group really any different from No Market?
It removes the capability to see market posts in "View New Posts" and removes the capability to search the Market section, but users can still view and post in the Market section.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”