Possible mothership bug

quantum bugs and balance issues
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine
ID: 0

Possible mothership bug

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

PicklesCavendish was was commanding Enigma Race 333, thier MotherShip.
Enigma Race 333 meets it head on!

Enigma Race 333 uses its Energy Volley to inflict 23,402,400,000 damage, destroying 0 Energy Shields on Aurora!
It seems there was an attacking Mothership somewhere near the battle, but it either ran out of fuel, or was too scared or self-preserving to engage in light of a sure loss!

PicklesCavendish's Enigma Race 333 provides 11,701,200,000 additional defence power to the troops on the ground!

Where was my Mothership?

I can tell you that my mothership is far more powerful than the defending mothership going by the stats provided by this log.

So what happened? Ran out of fuel hmmm?

Answers on a postcard please.
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Re: Possible mothership bug

I think if your strike is below a certain % of their def, your MS doesnt even engage. This was to stop people massing down a big MS without having to build their strike.

Don't know what the % strike needed was, but 10% seems to be jumping around in my mind for some reason, so lets go with that.

Did you have 1.2b strike?
I'd imagining the answer is yes, but just checking.
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

to make it easier to suss out here is the entire log..

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

PicklesCavendish was was commanding Enigma Race 333, thier MotherShip.
Enigma Race 333 meets it head on!

Enigma Race 333 uses its Energy Volley to inflict 23,402,400,000 damage, destroying 0 Energy Shields on Aurora!
It seems there was an attacking Mothership somewhere near the battle, but it either ran out of fuel, or was too scared or self-preserving to engage in light of a sure loss!

PicklesCavendish's Enigma Race 333 provides 11,701,200,000 additional defence power to the troops on the ground!

The forces of Ronon Dex rush in full force, and inflict 9,134,078,773 damage on PicklesCavendish's forces!
It was confirmed that 0 of PicklesCavendish's forces fell at the hands of Ronon Dex's assult.

The forces of PicklesCavendish fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 38,327,015,792 damage on Ronon Dex's forces!
They managed to eradicate 131 of Ronon Dex's troops.

The forces of Ronon Dex's CounterIntelligence Agents break off from main attack force, and seek out PicklesCavendish's Undercover Agents!
0 CounterIntelligence Agents are taken down by the defending army while attempting to disengage from the main battle!
The remaining CounterIntelligence Agents engage the covert networks of the realm.
Unfortunately, PicklesCavendish's Undercover Agents were too good at what they do for you to effectively find, target and eliminate.

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...

Your P90 Machine Gun went from strength 3,120 to 2,862 (now 2862/3120 and 8 percent damaged)

As you can see his mothership added 11 bill worth of defense, making his actual defense about 26bil.

Now I can understand this is still a fair bit more than my strike and even with my ms a loss was gonna happen but surely my mothership should have done something? Especially considering that my MS has Offense Strength of 50,148,000,000. Should have completely Negated his mothership and maybe even stopped the defense from being devastating damage, (no damage to his weapons).

EDIT: Also if this report is ok and its because of something i don know or didn't realize why has his mothership only added 11 bil when he has a 20 bil strike on it? surely it should add the full amount of his motherships strike up to his defense power.
Corkscrew
Forum Regular

MS has always added 50% of strike at most i thought, back since the dawn of MS's like 8 years ago.
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Corkscrew wrote:MS has always added 50% of strike at most i thought, back since the dawn of MS's like 8 years ago.
Ms can add 100% extra to strike

eg, your MS is 500b - your strike is 150b

If they have no MS (or a crap one) your attack damage will be 300b

not sure whats happening in Ronons log tho, look slike a bug too me

Return to “Bugs / Balance - Quantum”