Free Ascension

quantum bugs and balance issues
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine
ID: 0

Re: Free Ascension

There were a number of people, I couldn't name them all exactly....

Here are some ID of some of them. (all went from 8-9 keeping their army size)

There are probably more, and I may be mistaken with maybe 1 or 2, but you get the drift and can probably workout the reason for their free ascension, and find everyone.

I know there's some angry voices on this matter but we appreciate you looking into this problem. We just want a fair game at the end of the day.
orix
Forum Newbie

my officer seems to have been boosted aswell
Corkscrew
Forum Regular

Giving people the option of a free ascension too level 10 would incredibly un-balanced as it punishes those few who decided too take a risk on level 10 with the new weapons and techs too make up the numbers on those who decided too sit at 9 and sit on millions of units.
orix
Forum Newbie

Its the same as how people that ascended to level 9 feel dude.
The only "Fair" solution would be to roll people back.
Bloodkiller
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: ORI

orix wrote:Its the same as how people that ascended to level 9 feel dude.
The only "Fair" solution would be to roll people back.
If rolled back would we then get all naq back that we have spent on new cov and ac lvls
orix
Forum Newbie

I'd think you definitely should. Would be screw you over if u didn't.
Just have to wait to see what has says.
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

I think trying to roll back everyone now would be rather difficult, unless it was just a server wide roll back to before it happened which means the end of the era would be extended too.

Or everyone can be given 2 free ascensions, with those that just had a free one only getting 1, bit confusing but at least it would keep people that took the level 10 risk in the same position as before.

I dont think covert levels will be a problem as they are already a bit too expensive so i doubt any advantage can be gained by having the extra levels to click, and even if they did it would only be the same advantage as we have now.
Corkscrew
Forum Regular

No point involving the rest of the server when removing techs and covert lvls, and placing naq in bank seems sufficient, its only a handful of active people anyway.

And just remembered there's only 1 person limited too level 12, so giving out 2 free ascensions wouldnt be an option, and giving out 1 free ascension too those that didnt recieve the bug, swings the advantage hugely towards those that decided too remain at 9 and not bother themselves going too 10.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I remember saying something about how unbalanced ascended eras are and why.. but my post got removed as spam.

I wasn't here for the past 14 days, only came on a handful of times via mobile (just the game, to train UUs) but all in all I got I think 3 or 4 free ascensions, can't remember exactly and didn't even notice it until now when I came home. Not by abusing anything, not by buying USSs, but just by sitting and doing nothing. This has happened in every ascended era bar the first one, due to trying to balance out the income of actives vs that of inactives. Inactives get free ascensions, they got ascended to level 8. As I said in the beginning of the era, ascended eras are always unbalanced. Heck, an inactive account got ascended to level 8 while active and best accounts are what, level 10? Based on what I read here anyway.
I spent the last 36h packing/unpacking and driving around so I don't feel like trying to remember my exact words at the beginning of the era, I would quote myself but the post was spam (apparently) and thus removed. The only thing I have to say is that I hope this is the last time we have an ascension era.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Corkscrew
Forum Regular

Shame it was never mentioned during this ascension period from some of the seasoned players, i have never had the experience of an ascension era under my belt too really test the waters. Im hoping the script which controls the ascension of 'inactive' accounts has been postponed till its resolved.

Its really only affected the minority in terms of lower ascensions established as of right now, there's no need for it too effect the majority of the game, the end game result can still be the same. Just need too tweak those who gained from it, with tech and covert alterations.

Would love too hear from Haz regarding options too solve this, were soon entering the last week.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I mentioned it, but *someone* considered it to be spam and thus removed it. But in any case, the majority of the game was afflicted. I am level 9 atm and ascended myself at least 5 times if not 6. The completely inactive accounts are all at level 8 and have been always been on ascended level: (current top asc. level) - 2
That's to "balance" the game so that farming is still important throughout the entire era and income isn't as important as it was in the first ascended era. But as soon as you start auto-ascending accounts, the game is hugely unbalanced. Income could have been tweaked in a different way... Heck even farms could easily become obsolete as the era progresses - it wouldn't hurt the game, it would just create more rivalry between active players.. Nothing wrong with that..
But despite 2 failed ascension eras which already had auto ascending as a means to balance farms vs income, we had to have another one. The first one that didn't have any artificial balancing methods was way better. Now you have accounts at the same asc. level with the same spy and AC levels and same techs, the only differences are race and how many units they've trained where and which weapons they've got. And MS slots. That's the only thing that the restrictions managed to "balance", which is a real shame.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
orix
Forum Newbie

Hi Admin,

Any update on this issue?
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

No issue identified.

As already mentioned, there are scheduled forced ascensions if certain criteria are met - mainly to maintain inactives as farms for those users who play. This is what users are seeing.

There will be no extra ascensions given, and no rollback.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD

Return to “Bugs / Balance - Quantum”