GnR Restriction

quantum bugs and balance issues
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: GnR Restriction

Sniping can mean attacking someone when they're attacking other people, to gain more naq than you would have gained normally or, in this context, it means building strike or MS or just covert to mass or sab someone (usually it's just one stat, to save costs), while you leave nothing for them to destroy back. What often happened is that someone built a huge attack, massed a couple top accounts, then sold the strike - and didn't even have any def or MS or covert or AC. Usually the techs were bought for one stat only, while there were almost no techs bought for other stats.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Ah so you mean like Crixus whos only built to AC
which right now he can't hit 80% of the top 20 people due to GnR crap

Or others that you work with that mainly take out things such as MS and such.

So we could say that the top players over our 40% marks are Snipers too, bc in this context there is nothing for us to destroy as we can only take 5 hits.

We can sit here and spin this all day long. We understand what happened in the past. I even got banned for hitting someone who did that this era already, and lost out on an ENTRIE days worth of UU, Naq, and Farming. So you can stick that one up your pie hole.

The fact of the matter is that 95% of anything you come up with will be 1 sided. As you are only worried about snipers being created last minute and then whacking the crap out of people. What about those that play all era and are going to do the samething, but are forced to play a perticular way bc "Oh is me, I got hit so I couldn't win blah blah I keep hearing."
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

No he hasn't only built AC. Yes, it was mainly AC, but he had enough other stats that were worth destroying.

So basically you're saying I proposed something which would solve the problem, yet I shouldn't have proposed it because it screws up with the strategy of some of my friends? Lol.

You also fail to acknowledge that once it's fixed, you WILL be able to retaliate, mass, sab, whatever.
I can stick it because you got banned and I had nothing to do with it? Lol. Congradz, you should feel proud that you got banned.

This WILL force them to be active ALL era long and to HAVE STATS if they want to mass top players, ergo, they won't be able to snipe whoever whenever they want. What's the problem with that?

You started playing this era and you think you know more about Q than those of us who have been here since it's very beginning, who've worked extensively with admin(s) to work things out, to better Q? Keep deluding yourself. You say my opinion is one-sided, yet you basically say what I proposed (the GnR limiter which I proposed back when admin J was in charge) screws up the strategies of my friends? If I were selfish - like you seem to suggest, don't you think I would have proposed something that would directly help me and my friends?

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
reborn
Forum Elite

Your missing the whole point atm Jack.

ATM its the ppl high ranked that can mass/sab not the low rank ppl, or ppl that have built just 1-2 stats.

They can only hit 5 times. They cant mass nor can they sab, and in 5 hits what damage are they really going to do?

What you have suggested is still the high ranked players get to choose when they mass/sab and only then can the lower ppl can mass/sab back.

IMO its wrong.

I bet atm theres a few I can mass/sab and they can do nothing back, but I haven't and wont because I feel its wrong.

I should not b allowed to choose when they can mass me, only when I have massed them. And if they cant mass me why should I be allowed to mass them.

I have fluffy hitting me for naq daily, now I could mass/sab him, and he prob can do nothing back, but were is the fun in that? Or only after ive killed his troops can he mass back, again were is the fun in that.

It would b that im dictating when ppl can mass me, because im choosing when or if it happens.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

It's 5 am here, I'm drunk and I have a gig tomorrow. And it all makes sense to me, despite thje facat I'm drunk (almost got the police to get me home, or i would have wolked abpiut 15 km, 10 miles for you ameriacans, to get home, luckily I got homse friends there and they were awake....but how come it makes sens e to me when i'm durnk and it0s doesn't make sense to youe when your0e' sober?) trusts me..that's allm ime akskin. i beliven i have the necesaary experience. i beelieve you and the rest trust i have the experience.trust me. when it's fixe,d, give it a week oe r two and you'll seee resultys. just give it time and as i've said, i've got enough experience here..just let it roll, once it's figured out, and you'll see it works magic. believe in me, that's all i'm asking (now that I'm drunk usually i wouldn't give a flying **Filtered**

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Glory limiter rates have been adjusted.

These rates have been set in a way so that if a user can attack/sab you, you can retaliate in the same way.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I've got just over 2k GnR (far from top GnR), and I can't sab most of the server now. Good call. :roll:

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
reborn
Forum Elite

As I said % was to high, now u made the 40% to 50% I cant mass/sab anyone like jack, needs to b lower

I said 10-15%, but was thinking about it and maybe was a bit low.

but 25-30% should b fine.

The top % of 200 looks ok though.
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Thought it might be, will be testing different rates.

Try now.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
reborn
Forum Elite

:smt060

thanking u.
Spoiler

Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Much better =D>
I was going to work up a sheet to show GnR stuff but I got about 4 cells into excel and was like WTH was I thinking and closed it.
even at the new rates I am almost out of range of 1 player :-$

So is there anything in place so that a player can react to something someone did? :smt017
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I wasn't talking due to the 50%, but due to the 200.
And you really show you have no clue if you suggested decreasing it to 25 and leaving the 200. Why?
Player A has 250 GnR, player B has 1000 GnR. Player A can sab player B, player B can't sab player A, despite player B having spent more time in various GnR zones than player A (i.e. player B was more active than player A).

Bye Q.

PS: If anyone wants to buy my account, you know where to find me. Top 3 bank. Huge.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
reborn
Forum Elite

Neimenljivi wrote:I wasn't talking due to the 50%, but due to the 200.
And you really show you have no clue if you suggested decreasing it to 25 and leaving the 200. Why?
Player A has 250 GnR, player B has 1000 GnR. Player A can sab player B, player B can't sab player A, despite player B having spent more time in various GnR zones than player A (i.e. player B was more active than player A).

Bye Q.

PS: If anyone wants to buy my account, you know where to find me. Top 3 bank. Huge.

~Jack
I said the 200% looked ok because more of the problem was looking up at ppl to hit were could mass/sab.

Were u was more looking at the point of the 200% were your looking down, were u could mass/sab and they could do nothing back to u.

But as Haz changed it to 25% u will also noticed he changed the top % to 400% to make it were the 25% balance out.

Unlike some ppl they did not think same as u, that's from a couple of the long playing players there. A pm to me and said I was right for pointing it out and that your idea was wrong too.

Noone should b dictating when another player can mass, which u was trying to force across.
Spoiler

Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Here we go again on this
So as anyone in game can see I was massed by a merchant who was or wasn't hired to keep me away from bilabo. As he can't touch me.
I went to return part of the favor and got this in return
If you have under 25% or over 400% of the enemy GnR / glory, you can attack only 5 x day, and may not sab. It would be socially OBSCENE and you dig your rep too muchfor that....
So I haven't tried to attack but it seems we can't stop sniping accounts that have sat idle all Era till the end to hit someone.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Ras al Ghul wrote:Here we go again on this
So as anyone in game can see I was massed by a merchant who was or wasn't hired to keep me away from bilabo. As he can't touch me.
I went to return part of the favor and got this in return
If you have under 25% or over 400% of the enemy GnR / glory, you can attack only 5 x day, and may not sab. It would be socially OBSCENE and you dig your rep too muchfor that....
So I haven't tried to attack but it seems we can't stop sniping accounts that have sat idle all Era till the end to hit someone.
This still an issue.
We can not sab a player due to Glory but we an mass them and they can mass us.
How do you mass atk weapons? How do you stop a sniper account?

Return to “Bugs / Balance - Quantum”