GnR Restriction

quantum bugs and balance issues
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

GnR Restriction

This:
IF either of you has any glory worth mentioning....Under 40% of their GnR you can attack them only 5 x day, and may not sab.
I was just told that Arty Bang massed/sabbed FluffyBunny.(thank you for getting me 1 day of not being hit :D)
It seems that Arty could do whatever he chooses to do to Fluffy but Fluffy could only hit Arty 5 times, nothing more. So fluffy had no chance to defend or have an online battle with Arty.

How is that even right? While I understand the reasoning behind the rule it just seems to be counter productive. I just looked at it and it appears that I can't touch the top 3 anymore due to GnR restrictions.
So at this rate it seems that near the end of the era when the massing and fun stupidness comes out there are people that don't have to worry about anything because they have so much GnR. Also allows them to setup who ever they want to win the era.

I think it might be time to re-evaluate the ruling and work on something better.

Maybe
If war/war then no restrictions
maybe like mine's bloodwar concept we could impose if you do X amount then there is no restrictions.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Re: GnR Restriction

It appears that is why the 1000% was in there so it stopped it from going both ways.
ABR
Forum Grunt
Alternate name(s): Melliflow

If there is no use for GnR then perhaps the 5 hit restriction should be removed completely
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Haz was made aware of this and is working out a solution.. I think I spoke to him about a week ago about such scenarios.

And no, the 1000% limiter was a bust as it punished the active people as well. I proposed to Haz that if someone sabs or attacks more than 5x in a day someone who has less than 40% of their GnR, they can sab or attack more than 5x back as well.. In a pre-determined time period.

That way the actives aren't punished by not being able to take on snipers, while snipers can retaliate if they are massed or sabbed.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
ZAC
Forum Newbie
Alliance: TAF
Alternate name(s): FRY, General zac

Arty is below the 1000% because I have more G&R than him and I'm only at 918.04 higher than his G&R. But otherwise that does explain why he didn't try and fight back when i was just hitting him. Which was no fun when I knew he was online at the time and he did nothing to retaliate.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

ZAC wrote:Arty is below the 1000% because I have more G&R than him and I'm only at 918.04 higher than his G&R. But otherwise that does explain why he didn't try and fight back when i was just hitting him. Which was no fun when I knew he was online at the time and he did nothing to retaliate.
So I have you and LoD to thank for dropping him. Lets hope he doesn't start farming harder :(

the 100% cap was removed already. Its a shame Haz hasn't implemented a new system.
reborn
Forum Elite

Was told this had been fixed last night.

Tried this out today and still not fixed, can sab ppl that is below us on the 40% , but they can not sab up even though both r active.

And can we have the % changed to idk 10-15%.

Its such a shame that u can play the whole wave yet not able to mass ppl, atm just speaking for myself I can not mass 6 ppl, come the end of the wave even though im staying around rank 15 the whole time there will still b ppl can not.

Not saying I am going to, but already knowing I cant makes me want to ](*,)

rather boring, taking the massing part out of the game.

Can understand trying to stop snipers, but the % is way to high.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Ok, let me walk you through this. 10% limiter is the same as no limiter. Why?
Because, if someone stays #1 THE ENTIRE ERA, which is damn hard, all someone has to do is stay within top 100, which is damn easy seeing how there are less than 100 active players, to be able to mass ANYONE. Meaning, you only build some AC and covert, get a few def techs (as def weps keep auto-generating), and BAM, you're in top 100 without doing anything. You'll stay there the entire era, even if you don't login again. A week before the end, you start farming and putting all into strike, and you can mass anyone. No restrictions, and there's plenty of resources due to the speed the farms are increasing, made to help late-comers, and due to the techs being cheaper based on top tech, again something made to help late-comers.
If it's at 10%, it's the same as no restriction. Honestly, it's stupid. The restriction is there to prevent sniping.
So let's look at 40%. If you are in top 10 the entire era, certainly not too easy but certainly not difficult either, you can mass and sab anyone, even if someone is #1 the entire era, which is very difficult to achieve. If you spend some time out of top 10 and want to mass everyone, you are forced to build stats to get into top 10 and get enough GnR to make sure you can mass someone. That means, most likely, they'll have at least a chance to destroy something in return, after you've massed them. How is that worse than having a sniper, most likely multi account, log in once, spend the entire era in top 100, and be able to snipe anyone at all without the afflicted being given a chance to destroy something back?

I really fail to see the logic behind supporting snipers. Unless you are the one who wants to snipe people. But I think everyone else agrees that sniping is bad for the game and that it isn't fair that someone can play the last week of the era and mass top accounts.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
reborn
Forum Elite

I think your the one failing to see the point here Jack.

I agree the sniping is bad but

Im no sniper and yet ive played whole wave been on 1 page whole time, and there is already 7 ppl I can not mass or sab.

Yet these same 7 ppl can mass and sab me. Even though was told last night it was fixed.

It is not.

Now at current rate if I stay ranked lets say 15, would u call that a sniper? I think not, but end of wave there will still b 7 if not more ppl I still can not mass or sab.

The % is wrong.

Or top 10 should not get so much maybe 3. Only what 30 ish ppl playing so no idea why top 100 should all get G&R anyway.

But I will say again, even though was told this G&R was fixed were both ppl can sab/mass , its not. Still works just one way , and that being down.

I cant see whats wrong with changing it, if they cant mass/sab u, u can not mass/sab them. I would of thought % would sort it, because atm ppl ranked high can do w/e they want to lower ppl and not have to worry about being mass/sabbed back because they cant.
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

reborn wrote:I think your the one failing to see the point here Jack.

Im no sniper and yet ive played whole wave been on 1 page whole time, and there is already 7 ppl I can not mass or sab.

Yet these same 7 ppl can mass and sab me. Even though was told last night it was fixed.

It is not.

Now at current rate if I stay ranked lets say 15, would u call that a sniper? I think not, but end of wave there will still b 7 if not more ppl I still can not mass or sab.

The % is wrong.

Or top 10 should not get so much maybe 3. Only what 30 ish ppl playing so no idea why top 100 should all get G&R anyway.

But I will say again, even though was told this G&R was fixed were both ppl can sab/mass , its not. Still works just one way , and that being down.

I cant see whats wrong with changing it, if they cant mass/sab u, u can not mass/sab them. I would of thought % would sort it, because atm ppl ranked high can do w/e they want to lower ppl and not have to worry about being mass/sabbed back because they cant.
There is already some that want to mass a group out of the top 10 so they can't earn enough GnR to mass anyone.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

TheLost wrote:

It is not.

The % is wrong.

There is already some that want to mass a group out of the top 10 so they can't earn enough GnR to mass anyone.
It has not been fixed. I am still reviewing it.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
TheLost wrote:

It is not.

The % is wrong.

It has not been fixed. I am still reviewing it.

There you have it.
It's also a lot more difficult to get in top 10 than top 20. Requires very few stats. I haven't touched my strike in over 2 weeks probably, and it's #20. So while you might not be a sniper, in a game with so few active players, one can easily be in top 20 with sniper stats. Top 10 is difficult, #1 is impossible with sniper stats. Everything else is easily doable.

I have proposed a solution and I think Haz agrees with it. It is a bit harder to implement so it will take time.
If you want to mass someone, just stay in top 10 long enough and you'll be able to do it. I can't mass everyone, but I made sure, by staying in top 10 long enough, that I can mass and sab those who annoy me. I fail to see the problem here, as anyone can do the same. The only thing it requires are resources. But then again, others have to spend a lot to be in top 10 as well.

Until Haz tells you personally or announces it's fixed, don't believe it's fixed. As simple as that.
When it is fixed, those below 40% will be able to retaliate against those who they couldn't retaliate before, but only for a certain time period and if those above start the aggression. I think it's fair that way. Those who spend their resources getting GnR that way aren't penalized by not being able to sab someone who farms them, while those who get sabbed will be able to retaliate. And, as I've said before, there are plenty of features that aid those who start late in the era - which also means they aid snipers - and hinder those in front. What's wrong with one feature that protects everyone against snipers (and it only protects the "top" as much because the top are the most frequent target of snipers, consequently you're only looking at it from a perspective of someone who can't mass top, yet you don't realize someone who starts in the last week of the era won't be able to mass someone who stayed in top 100 all the time and spent a bit of time in top 10 either)?

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
reborn
Forum Elite

Was passed on it was fixed from rob between him and Jo which I saw convo too saying it was fixed.

As for your suggestion were it does look nice it itself has falls to it.

The one being higher gets to choose when they want to mass and sab, and only then ppl lower have get a chance to return.

This them being after mass/sab being less units or weapons lost, its not really fair again.

Them being already at only 5 hits is fair already imo, whats wrong is the one being higher is not 5 hits back, they can just mass.

The one being lower cant not sab, yet one being higher can.

Im not sure whats so hard to understand, they can only hit 5 times, so make it the same, they can not sab so again make it the same.

Come the end of the era they cant mass anyone so im not sure why u worried about a sniper that cant mass.

If one can do it right away so should the one being hit, not oh I want to mass these today, now they can have a chance to mass me back in such a time frame.
Spoiler

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

So basically what you're saying would mean this:
Someone farms #1 GnR guy (and they are below the limit). #1 GnR guy can't do anything to stop the farming, apart from polarizing them. Why should those who spend massive resources getting GnR be punished for it by a feature meant to prevent sniping?

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Again with this Sniping...

I keep hearing different definitions of sniping.

So what is the defined idea of sniping?

Return to “Bugs / Balance - Quantum”