40%
No
60%

Total votes: 10
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Change to Shields

I was talking to other players and they mentioned that shields seems like a dated idea from when there were more players. I also know a little birdy doesn't like the idea. So a few of us were talking and we would like to propose a change.

We think that Shields should be limited to the market time period. So they would end when the market closes as the quantum field starts to collapse in on itself. The field generators from the fringes are the first to go, can no longer sustain the quantum shift that stops the entities from coming in contact with each other. This would be the last 5 days of the era.

This would also allow "the best of the best" to come out on top.
As it stands now IF someone wanted to finish on top they could use all 12 weeksish to block everyone form hitting them. If they watch i'm sure they could find that only 5 or so people hit actives and then could stop being hit and no longer worry about what they are doing.
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

Re: Change to Shields

this would gives even more advantage to the people using shields.
I am strongly agains this.

I d rather have a remake of the market, as many options are totally useless and unused.
FluffyBunny
Forum Newbie

imho its a bad idea, as it would only encourage sniping and killing in the best in the end, as u wouldnt have any protection from anything.

all in all voted no, and i would agree that market could be changed as now its only uu and turns are being used in there :) also imo there are other fields needing the changes and shields are good as it is.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

I haven't voted yet myself. I wanted to see the arguments for or against it. I just know some don't like shields, I know some don't like them but understand why they are here, some like them. I was just looking to see if there is a way to make it more appealing.
FluffyBunny
Forum Newbie

The golden rule is:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

HAHA I don't mind the shields, I know I pissed someone off when I used it. :smt050 :smt060
Only posted as talks with others and Jules.
CrazyKitten
Forum Newbie

shields should stay as they are..... and they are great for keeping away that one crazy stalker :smt047

also if you did use all your weekly MT for shields you would be greatly disadvantaged, as your population would be a lot smaller and imo you would have less chance of winning and that would hinder you a lot. but for those just cruising it this might be a good option

Return to “Bugs / Balance - Quantum”