Era 46 - Bugs

quantum bugs and balance issues
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1915439
Alternate name(s): Flash

Re: Era 46 - Bugs

ohhhh assassins too death every attack even less 10 assassins, last assassin too death before attack :) all lvl's dropped.
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

XaoC wrote:wooop, my turns and naq for defence lvl to no purpose. :smt089

you havent lost anything on that, 2 def lvl 1000 are as strong as 1 def lvl 2000. you still have a massive def out of 2 defenders.
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

Bilbao Pan wrote: you havent lost anything on that, 2 def lvl 1000 are as strong as 1 def lvl 2000. you still have a massive def out of 2 defenders.
Yep, but it very much naq cost and I spend many AT's- for what? 100 defenders with 20 lvl too better :) auto upgrade + 2 lvl for any units beats all my efforts.
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

XaoC wrote: For example do not change this(from calculation page):
Attacking at less that 20% of enemy defence causes no deaths to the enemy.
and
Attacking at more that 500% of enemy defence causes no deaths to the attack units.
indeed, losing 108 attackers in average per day through the whole era is going to hurt their level a lot.

should someone build up a strike 5 times your def with 1 attackers, could then crush everyone. i hope if you have very little defenders that they dont die at the first few hit, unless your def is zeroed.
these immortal defenders should die like politicians died back in some eras.

dont know what to do about attackers and assassins though, 1 always dying through every attack will alter the level concept badly, and 1 attacker strong enough (5 times your def) not dying means anyone coming right before the end, building up a huge strike will be able to mass everyone while being immune to everything.
Anarchist
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

For some reason It will not let me upgrade my troops
lilith
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
ID: 83233

Anarchist wrote:For some reason It will not let me upgrade my troops
You have to enter the amount of naq to spend, not the number of upgrades...
That's what happened to me a lot in the beginning...
lilith
Forum Irregular

Bilbao Pan wrote:
XaoC wrote: For example do not change this(from calculation page):
Attacking at less that 20% of enemy defence causes no deaths to the enemy.
and
Attacking at more that 500% of enemy defence causes no deaths to the attack units.
indeed, losing 108 attackers in average per day through the whole era is going to hurt their level a lot.

should someone build up a strike 5 times your def with 1 attackers, could then crush everyone. i hope if you have very little defenders that they dont die at the first few hit, unless your def is zeroed.
these immortal defenders should die like politicians died back in some eras.
Can't confirm the 500% calculation:
03:10 Bruno Banani 149,881,355 Naquadah stolen 10 1 1 256,150,529 14,767,316 details
(Attack 1800% percent of def, yet still lost 1 attacker)
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

Big income bug: daily bonus get miners lvl with units- all get upgrade lvl to numbers units.
lilith
Forum Irregular

XaoC wrote:Big income bug: daily bonus get miners lvl with units- all get upgrade lvl to numbers units.
Can't quite explain, but something similar happened to me.
Had a sudden surge of income.
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

All players miners average lvl upgrade to daily miners units bonus count. This is very unbalance bug.
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

i dont think it has to do with units bonus count, this is something different.

and i believe daily bonus in units should be the same for everyone?

*edit* it migh actually has something related. everyone see their income growing at daily reset. inactives too.
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

income bug ..
and atac unit #-o (they die ) can.t farm all era with mercs ha ha
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

You take ONE gd day off from GW..

No, the miner levels were not supposed to go up with the number of miners people get for their daily bonus. That was a one off. You wanted unexpected surprises? This is one.

I will share with you some of my reasoning for allowing the Era to continue as it is:
1. My go-to measure and preferred resolution would have been a rollback. Simply erase the day. However, the game backed up AFTER the miner level increase today, invalidating that option; a rollback would require individual recalculating of ALL bonuses and subsequent recalculation of levels - a practical impossibility with the amount of invalid data present. So, this resolution is not an option.
2. My second reaction would be to reset the game. Again. Having done that already in this round would make this the third start of the Era. Only an option if the impact is "critical to the era" and "unfair to the majority".
3. So, is this critical to the era and unfair to the majority? First regarding fairness: An (overall) increased Naquadah production is not an imbalance, everyone is in the same position to steal the Naquadah being produced. There are significant advantages both to farming immediately after the production raise as well as farming later on after the initial rush. Overall, no one benefits significantly more than others.
Second, regarding critical: Yes, this is critical to the Era. The increased Naquadah production will level off over time, but will remain higher than it would have been had no production raise occurred. Overall, this will lead to a consistently higher Naquadah production for the duration of the entire Era. Since there is no unfairness however, a full reset would be too drastic a measure.
4. "But this was a bug, how can you allow a bug to exist?" - Yes, this was a bug, and no, next 'daily bonus' will not increase miner levels, it will in fact be the first proper recalculation.

I hope that with the above insight into my process of thought regarding this, you understand why we will not reset the game, nor roll back.

And I guess my hopes of taking a day off to work on other important things are dashed. Quantum continues to need a nanny. -_-
Edit: This was not meant towards you players, but is about the code (things don't work as intended, ie. require a nanny to patch). You guys are gems, gave me all the information required to track and patch this issue, and have been helpful across the board. Please do not think I haven't noticed, thank you. :)
Support wrote:- Level recalculation for auto-trained added. (That is the DAILY auto-trained; regular miners from UP do not affect miner level.)
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

As for the questions about the impact of attacker losses on attacker levels.. solution: minimise impact.

If you lose 1 attacker out of 100, retraining will 'save' a significant percentage of your training versus losing 1 attacker out of 10 (or even 1).
Yes, you will still take a net loss on training levels, but there is enough Naquadah in play for this not to be an issue - cost vs benefit, for the return of a farming hit, you are able to replace the units and the attack levels even if you were to play with a single attacker.
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer

I think, that is right decision. I adhered to no train my miners policy and 300 lvl with my 2000 miners this is small compared with 15000 miners * 300 lvl, but I accept this friday gd day off :) This allows me to adjust the game strategy.

This Era end with very BIG stats :)

Regards, Flash.

Return to “Bugs / Balance - Quantum”