Mothership Cost

for suggestions of future eras, current issues (but not bugs) etc.
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Mothership Cost

Currently, it is expensive (but reasonable) to build up a big MS capacity - similar to how it is expensive and reasonable to build up a large attack/defence. But if your attack or defence gets destroyed, it is just as expensive to rebuild it, whereas it is pretty dirt cheap to rebuild a destroyed MS.

It costs around;
100 billion for me to remax my mothership (if it was completely obliterated)
1,000 billion to rebuild my stike
2,500 billion for my defence

And these figures are with a mediocre strike (rank 15), mediocre defence (rank 20) but a good MS (rank 2)

Theres no clear way of calculating the cost of rebuiding a lost covert - because its hard to put a figure on the UU you would lose, but ill give it a go...
top 10 coverts currently - the average spies are 4,925,000
top 30 coverts currently - the average spies are 3,064,000

So just untraining miners to retain as spies would cost 200-350 bill (using the current 65,610 untrain cost)
Not to mention that losing that much of your army (15-25% of the top armysize) would be completely devastating

So I think the cost of Weapons and Shields for a MS should be increased to bring it in line with the cost of other massable stats. maybe by 4-6x

The cost of capacity is fine, just increasing the costs of;

Nano Volley from 2,000,000 to 10,000,000 (5x)
Matter-Phasic Shields from 2,250,000 to 11,250,000 (5x)

would bring them more in line with the cost for other stats.
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine
ID: 0

Re: Mothership Cost

With how people like to work on their ms's you have to spend a lot more to get it to a decent rank.
probably close to 10 + tril for the top ranks at the moment.

I don't see any defences/strikes costing even close to that yet.

The only other stat you put that much naq into is covert/anti covert, and you don't lose those levels when you get massed and ac'ed.

I understand where your coming from, but I think because you have to put so much naq into it in the first place its sufficient the way it is.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Mothership Cost

I agree they should be increased, but I think the biggest problem is that the MS shield and volley costs get cheaper, relatively speaking, as the era progresses, whereas the other stats stay the same (the weapons themselves get cheaper, but you aren't limited by something way more expensive and thus can build as much as you had before, in relative terms, whereas you can't build as many volleys and shields as you had before - again in relative terms - because that number is limited by the capacity which is a lot more expensive).

The only way around it would probably be to make the shield and volley prices change based on the number you have already built - similar to how the capacity works, but not as expensive as that.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions”