Covert information

for suggestions of future eras, current issues (but not bugs) etc.
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Covert information

Would like to be able to see mothership capacity while spying, theres no real way of working it out - even attacking only shows you their strike strength.

at the moment its the only stat that cant be spied ^^ and I'm nosey!

would also like to see how much naq is in the targets bank... but that might be asking too much 8-[
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

Re: Covert information

MS maybe.... but its kinda part of the fun not knowing. Just think of any (new) person hitting some of the huge accouts then finding out that their MS is larger than most active players regular attack/def.
as for bank no.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Master Rahl wrote:MS maybe.... but its kinda part of the fun not knowing. Just think of any (new) person hitting some of the huge accouts then finding out that their MS is larger than most active players regular attack/def.
as for bank no.
Pretty much. I'm willing to think about the MS idea, perhaps with some restrictions to keep the fun :P
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

didn't realize it was q... but my comment still works.....
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine
ID: 0

hmmm I think knowing too much about every stat in the game kind of ruins the fun of having a strategy, and trying to surprise others with it.

I even think the UP rank is a bit too much, interesting and somewhat helpful, but i think it makes it too easy for people to keep track of how others are progressing with out having to have a good covert.

Maybe as a compromise you could have info such as mothership caps available on a spy but have it so the covert power required to see such details would have to be much much higher than normal stats.
S1eepy
Forum Elite

I agree that the covert required to spy is low..

from looking at the ingame help (which is often a dangerously outdated guide..)

You need to send more power than;
( Their covert power / (your covert level +2) ) /2

so now, i believe top covert is 440,000 billion or thereabouts - and thats waaay higher than most people have. I would need;

(440,000b / (28+2) ) /2

7,333 billion covert power to successfully spy.. which is basically nothing.

So yea, maybe increase the power required to successfully spy to 1/3rd or 1/5th of target covert (in line with seeing their armysize/naq on hand) - but give us information on what the new calculation is, so we dont go around sending our spys on impossible missions, their not James Bond after all ^^
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Btw, you could possibly guess the MS defence from what is left over of your MS strike (the 'MS strike assist' to your ground forces).

;)

And now that I am aware of it... I may need to look into that ease of spying... sorry guys :P
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
S1eepy
Forum Elite

yea, you can work out their MS capacity if your weapons penetrate their shields - but seen as MS shields are more powerful than MS weapons (50% stronger but only 20% more expensive), most MSs have more shields than strike. So you would have to attack quite a few times to destroy enough of their shields to have larger MS attack than their MS defense.

But even then.. I can only imagine what would happen if I went around attacking every player to check their MS, I can be sure, but I doubt I would keep my stats for too long afterwards ^^

If you do change the way spying works (or anything else for that matter) - please let us know ? how it has been changed. :)
maybe adding more information that you can find from spying would be a good compensation for the extra difficulty ^^ and dont forget to take into consideration the cap on spying imposed by the 100 covert capacity we have. Maybe remove this for spying (but keep for sabbing)?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Ronon Dex wrote:hmmm I think knowing too much about every stat in the game kind of ruins the fun of having a strategy, and trying to surprise others with it.

I even think the UP rank is a bit too much, interesting and somewhat helpful, but i think it makes it too easy for people to keep track of how others are progressing with out having to have a good covert.

Maybe as a compromise you could have info such as mothership caps available on a spy but have it so the covert power required to see such details would have to be much much higher than normal stats.

I completely agree. The UP and income and army size stuff would be interesting for main, in Q it just gives way too much info away due to a smaller player base.

For MS - I'd say it's better now that we can't see it. Gives an element of surprise. If it is added, I agree that the spy action should be a lot bigger to see it than other stats. Perhaps one would also only be able to see the actual volleys and shields instead of slots? It allows for some tactic.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions”