Automatic Era Generation

for suggestions of future eras, current issues (but not bugs) etc.
T R U X
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DDE
Race: DDE
ID: 0

Automatic Era Generation

ok so i know this is a long-shot due to time constraints in Admins part but i have an idea that will make the quantum fun never stop and make the admin workload a one off deal!!

so.. what about creating era presets?

each era tends to be something different whether it has been used before or not it tends to be not the same each time

why cant each of the era ideas be stored in presets and automatically generate a new era on a time scale?

so for instance.

take the plain vanilla era

take all the values and conditions and store them in a table with the relevant outputs stored separately.

start with just 1 and perfect the preset system and just roll with that one era idea until you have time to add more era presets.

use the same method of era countdown, automate the the era ending to calculate the winners and positions storing them in the history table as usual and automatically start a new countdown of 14 days before the era automatically starts again by itself

then when admins have more time.. add new presets.. then when there is enough preset for different era flavors to justify a randomizer just make it randomize the era type and have it continuously rolling out the eras like clockwork.

i doubt it would take long to get a working preset system in place and this would stop the need for admin having to oversee the games until they have more time to add new era presets!!

What do we think of this?

win/win for all imo
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Re: Automatic Era Generation

might be good just the problem with it is it requires admins to do some stuff and it looks like they dont have time or wish to do anything about it.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Suggestions”