Ascended Super Weapon Opt out

Suggest any improvements
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Ascended Super Weapon Opt out

I am tired of the Super Weapon being sold during a time that I am asleep, and as a result I awake to find my account has been hit three or four times during the night. Even high ranked players hit small players because they suddenly have huge amounts out. It isn't the super weapon income that I mind losing, it is the defence planets and weapon repairs that is the killer.

My suggestion is to give players the ability to opt out of Super Weapon income if they know they will not be around to spend it. This income would then be divided between the players that have opted to accept income.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: Ascended Super Weapon Opt out

I agree with you mate, nothing more annoying, or atleast some other way of storing it, then being hit every like 5 days :(
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Shouldn't this be somewhere else? Not that I disagree with the suggestion.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it should, but we cant move it there... cant see the proper section...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Moved to correct forum.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Here we go again, weapon being sold at 4.30am in the morning (Irish time), I know people will say "stay up lazy-bones", but I don't think my job would appreciate my dedication to SGW.

All I would need is the ability to refuse the DMU coming into my account. Is that such a bad idea???
urogard
Forum Elder

don't think it's hard to wake up for 20 mins in the morning to do a bit of farming if you are so concerned about it
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

You know whats more frustrating? I live in Sydney and by good/bad fortune I'm in the timezone where it seems to always go off at a reasonable hour of the day. However I'm always at work at the time. I can trade stocks online but am barred from SGW. So I generally miss it too but don't get mass farmed cos i have a half decent defence that stops the vast majority of the server.
4:50am in Ireland is just as inconvenient as 1:50pm down under depending on your real life circumstances.
And Uroguard, it is bloody difficult waking up at 4:30am just to farm. I've never done it because i refuse to let my life be dictated by an online game. Most people who play this game are normal people who hopefully lead normal lives. They do not need the inconvenience of being mass farmed overnight because Mojo and Sinister are forced to dump 10 trillion dmu on the server to protect themselves. The opt out is a great idea. The DMU is then proportionally increased across all other accounts, therefore maximising the hits on dead accounts. We then all spend less turns getting more dmu on dead accounts. A win win for everyone.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

I have an idea. Why don't you all mass email Forum and tell him how displeased you are with the super weapon and how you want it removed from the game. It has caused nothing but heartache and pain for a majority of the server and I, for one, have had it with the **Filtered** and moaning that constantly goes on about it. "Dirty Dozen is just using it to boost their members; why can't we get some of that?" Then when you get some of that, "Why don't I have the option to refuse it because it occurs at a damn inconvenient time because the Americans play this game better than anyone else?" There is an option: you know when the auction is going to end. If you know you are not going to be online, put your account on vacation mode for 24 hours. That way, you won't get the DMU and you will be free from attacks for 24 hours.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Make an opt IN, not an opt out.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

better again!!!!

Then all the DMU would go to active players that want it.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Mojo Rising wrote:I have an idea. Why don't you all mass email Forum and tell him how displeased you are with the super weapon and how you want it removed from the game. It has caused nothing but heartache and pain for a majority of the server and I, for one, have had it with the **Filtered** and moaning that constantly goes on about it.

This is actually a good idea, maybe all the alliances on the first 3 pages can send out an alliance wide message instructing all their members to do this on the same day.

Prolly just piss admin off but it might work.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions”