enders game

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert
ID: 0

This book is on my top 3 sci-fi list. It was an awesome book but the other books mixed in too much fantasy for my taste.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict

I think it's not quite as fantasy as most people would like to think. A little idealistic, but definetly not fantasy. Especially after reading Speaker for the Dead, and Children of the Mind and his shadow books.

He has a lot of philosophy and reason behind what he says.

~starry~*
comander zao
Forum Irregular
Race: go'ald

i had to read this for summer reading back over the summer time. great book. 1 of my few favorite books i like.
some of u may remember me of Comander Zao.
Zao is back and out of my longest hiatus yet
Thelen
Fledgling Forumer

Re: enders game

http://www.thelenshar.net/files/ender/

There is all 8 in the series.. If you like them, please do buy them though, cos its good to support writers like this!!
Hmmf, i don't remember making that previous sig.. oh well >_>

Teal'auc's newest cult member >_>
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

just finished the book this morning, and i throughly love it. i cant wait to read the rest. :D

and i just thought i'd mention, there's one more book i noticed besides the one mentioned here: first meetings in enders universe.

i havent read it yet, but as far as i can tell its four novellas in one book. each one pre-enders game, and leading up to the original enders game novella.

The tittles are: The Polish Boy, Teacher's Pest, Investment Counselor, and Ender's Game.

The Polish Boy is John Paul Wiggin, the future father of Ender. In the years between the first two Bugger Wars, the Hegemony is desperate to recruit brilliant military commanders to repel the alien invasion. They may have found their man--or boy--in John Paul Wiggin.

In Teacher's Pest-a novella written especially for this collection --a brilliant but arrogant John Paul Wiggin, now a university student, matches wits with an equally brilliant graduate student.

The Investment Counselor is set after the end of the Bugger Wars. Banished from Earth and slandered as a mass murderer, twenty-year-old Ender Wiggin wanders incognito from planet to planet as a fugitive--until a blackmailing tax inspector compromises his identity and threatens to expose Ender the Xeoncide.

Also reprinted here is the original award-winning novella, Ender's Game, which first appeared in 1977.

as I said i havent read it yet, but as i do with all of the other ender, and bean books, i look forward to it. ^.^

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

I read Enders Game and thought it was an excellent book just fun to read I havent had a chance to read the others will have to tho
Spoiler
The Xeno
n00b prophet

The great thing about this author, especially when you get into the bean series... is his excellent illustration of the differences between how people look at themselves, how they try to be perceived, and what they are actually perceived as - since a great deal of the time, his characters are operating on several different levels of 'out foxing the fox'.

That didn't make any sense <_< (/me sleepy) :?
~Zekk~
Forum Addict

It made sense, and I agree. This is definetely one of the best authors ive ever read.

Though dont take that to seriously, before last month i hadn't read a non-required-for-school book in more then a decade. :oops:

~Syreck
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

Phlamingoe
Forum Addict
Alliance: Phoenicopterus
Race: Ruber
ID: 65498761

~Zekk~ wrote:It made sense, and I agree. This is definetely one of the best authors ive ever read.

Though dont take that to seriously, before last month i hadn't read a non-required-for-school book in more then a decade. :oops:

~Syreck

It's true though, he is one of the best authors I've read, and Ender's Game is the best book.

Interesting Fact: Ender's Game was originally just a Novella. It wasn't until Card decided to write Speaker for the Dead did Ender evolve enough as a Character to actually become a novel. Also, Card realized that the introduction to Speaker would be way too long, another reason why he wrote Ender's Game, he just threw the intro into there basically :P.
Below Me.
Spoiler
MSN wrote:[EPA] BMMJ13 [BoT] Mr. Orange says (11:35 PM)
only one of us can wear black eyeliner
and im not stopping
~Zekk~
Forum Addict

actually, the novella was an account for enders events in battle school alone. in the novel, card added val and peters little adventures, as well as other events and charecters that wasnt in or big in the novella.

or at least, thats what ive read. i havent gotten my hands on the novella myself...yet.

~Zeke~

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Card's plans to merge the Ender series and the Bean series in his final book. I think it's to be called Flight of the Shadows.
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Re:

The Xeno wrote:
Xenocide

Oh dear... but aside from that one title, they are truly classics of modern Sci-Fi.
(And classic in general fiction as well imho).

Have to agree there, although I have yet to read the last of the 4. And someone else's opinion on the matter of Xenocide :lol:
http://xkcd.com/304/
Gone, left, no longer here.

Return to “The Book Club”