More Spy missions

Should we have more types of spy mission??

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 16
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

More Spy missions

I think a wider breadth of spy mission are needed.

For example, spies could be sent on missions to retrieve enemy intelligence logs or steal naquadah, or even weapons.

The idea to retrieve intelligence logs is, I believe a step in the right direction to negate the supremacy that high level spies have over evryone else as at the moment a player with a high spy level is virtually untouchable.

Also, and I have mentioned this in a previous post - the whole spy thing needs to be more realistic - how is sending 400 spies into an underground base more covert than sending 1??

Thoughts please???

I think. This game is getting too far from the show, it is becomin gon a spy obsession game. I am being forced to upgrade my spy level as often as I can so I am not sabotaged. I really do not want to do that. I should be more worried of having my Naquadah stolen while I am out, not having my weapons sabotgaed.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

GuiltySpark416 wrote:I think. This game is getting too far from the show, it is becomin gon a spy obsession game. I am being forced to upgrade my spy level as often as I can so I am not sabotaged. I really do not want to do that. I should be more worried of having my Naquadah stolen while I am out, not having my weapons sabotgaed.

I'm with you - if it was up to me I'd get rid of spying altogether - or at least make it more realistic - i.e. send 1 or 2 spies to do a specific job - blow something up, steal something, gather intel - with success depending on a number of factors such as strength of the enemy force and whether the enemy has put his base defences on alert (this could only be maintained for a finite time).

I really do not know what the answer is - but the simple fact is that a high spy level means you are untouchable.
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

The game is wayyyyyy to much of a spy game now i'am more concrened with how many spies i ahve than how many jaffa i have that is just wrong weapons so be way harder to destroy or else we can throw the whole war aspect out and call it stargatespying

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Amon Ra wrote:The game is wayyyyyy to much of a spy game now i'am more concrened with how many spies i ahve than how many jaffa i have that is just wrong weapons so be way harder to destroy or else we can throw the whole war aspect out and call it stargatespying

very true - come on Forum, lets lose the spying for the next wave!!!
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Wolf359 wrote:very true - come on Forum, lets lose the spying for the next wave!!!

First time i agree with you on anything man Yes forum Do away with the spying or at least weaken it i just finshed reading a post of a player who got taken out by spying and left the game i don't blame him i almost left before cuz it just makes you feel helpless spies and sabotage are in effect stronger than ships and staffs .

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

steal Naqada
steal weopons
Recon
Sabatage
bribe enemie spies to allow turn a blind eye on other enmies pies
deathsquad9
Forum Newbie

[Useless Post]

I reckon we should give out Sniffer Dogs or something similar, they would be good to counter Spys. BUT - Spys can counter Sniffer Dogs if there armed with a beef steak...

[/Useless Post]
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Enfant Terrible
Forum Grunt

Assassination: Lets you kill the enemy's spies. Solves the untouchable spy problem
firebrand

Yes come on forum, i really don't give how you tone it down (although the change in the ultimate supporter bonus will protect us from super spy levels for the next wave).

The main thing at the moment is we have one spy deffence, spies. And while a high ranked attacker can do little damage to a lower ranked player, a high level spy can leave a small player without weapons.

The main thing is spies get it too easy. Infiltration is alot more difficult and the idea that sending spies into their undergroud base will always result in 0 spies getting caught is freakin insane!

Either give people a form of effective covert deffence that they can invest in, or make battles alot more effective with more death and destruction on both sides. Or as i sujest, make it more realistic and do both!

Oh and all hail motherships.
Raconar
Forum Grunt

Spying is a part of war...

I understand where both sides are coming from...on one hand...brute strength is not the only side to war...there is the covert...the reason spying is so over powering...is that it costs a lot of money...I would not survive if you got rid of covert altogether...next time I wanted to attack someone anywhere near my rank page...I would have to think twice...I wonder if his defense is higher than my attack...maybe spy sabotaging should be changed in one of a few ways:
  1. No sabotage ability and add "document peeking"...
  2. A lot higher casualties when sabotaging and add "document peeking"...
  3. Only 2 sabotages allowed everyday or something like that...oh, and add "document peeking"...
  4. There are options that I have not thought of just have to think of them...

Though sabotage is useful, it can be used to destroy an entire defence...
Raconar,

EPA Main Page
Member of the EPA.
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

Re: Spying is a part of war...

Raconar wrote:next time I wanted to attack someone anywhere near my rank page...I would have to think twice...I wonder if his defense is higher than my attack...

Uhhhm and what is wrong with that?? :?

Raconar wrote:[*]A lot higher casualties when sabotaging and add "document peeking"...
[*]Only 2 sabotages allowed everyday or something like that...oh, and add "document peeking"...

These are great idea's 8)

Return to “Suggestions Archive”