For a totally different game style

GT

For a totally different game style

Sorry for the super long post but this is my view on how this game can be improved or ideas which can be used.

The level of covert determines your power in the game. I mean you dont even need offensive or defence but just a high covert level to win in any war or to bring someone down in the game. But im not saying reset the game or do something about it now. stargatewars is young and would definately undergo a reset. To those people who possess level 12 spy level.....well done. They took maximum opportunity and played smartly to get to that level. with that spy level no doubt they can bring anybody to thier knees however bottom line is its the alliances in the game that make them strong.

To show there needs to be a change in the futility of attacking ill make my point. To make a comparison between attacking and sabotaging, you can have the same covert level in the game and when you sabotage someone that person loses more weapons in sabotage than for example if your a gould being attacked you would lose less jaffa in an attack ive lost 3 full jaffa divisions weapons in a sabotage mission of 100 spies and to do with attacking i have 900 people and got attacked by a force of 600 and i lost only 2 jaffa for crying out loud.

OK if you want to keep spy levels effective in this game and not to put so much emphasis in military i think i have got an idea. Since i dont think spy leveling will not change in the game such as the covert level upgrades then make them more relevant to your military force for example:

when you have bought covert level 1 then you can purchase a sarcoghagus upgrade which would reduce loses in battle by 25%. as you can see it is a big bonus for both coverting and military units. When you buy covert level 2 then you can now buy an upgrade for invisibility technology which allows for a 25% bonus on attacks and defence. doesnt have to be 25% but it is a big enough bonus for people to get covert level upgrades which would also benefits your military and not just spying capabilities. Im trying to show that with each spy level you can also be able to get other upgrades, so the higher up you go in covert the more your military benefits.

Its true what people are saying that this is far from what the show is all about with regards to attacking and defending. Im going to use the goauld as an example. Jaffa are used as off /def and in the game as raiders and guards, but in the stargate universe there is no outlined purpose for the Jaffa and are generally used in a situation which would have them needed to defend against attacks or for attacking. For the Goa'uld just have Jaffa in general and mercs for both attack and defence. For weaponery keep what we have at the moment such as the:

hand device
staff weapon
staff canon
death glider etc etc etc

(come on guys include the alkesh and hatak in units available instead of having them as a siege upgrade it would make over half the people who play this game happy and the rest well wouldnt care either way)

Make those weapons and units both offensive and defensive, like in the real stargate universe (if only stargate was real, yes people its not real LOL... dont sabb me but). Make other technology like the gate targeted weapon as a upgrade for attacks. For defensive upgrades the most obvious examples would be:

Sarcoghagus i mean how is this a weapon it should be an upgrade which can assist in reducing the number of loses in battle. (even though you cant lose more than 2 people in attacking atm LOL)
Invisibility technogy would greatly improve the attack and defence of units and would be good as an upgrade.

If trying to make defence more effective for the sake of argument then create a specific weapon for just defensive purposes as in those satelite system which daniel jackson got from the harsises kid the EG6 (yes i know its the 94 Honda Civic model) i think it was called that by Carter, give those defense systems to the Goa'uld. For the other races? who really cares about them, well i thought maybe for the ass-gard (yes i like doing that) they could have the disrupter technology and for the tauri the ancient outpost (yes there is only 1 on earth but seriously who cares or give em a ion cannon even though its tollan) and for those puzzles give em something...maybe they can form into something like a puzzle ray gun those block heads.

As for just attacking you should be able to micro manage forces such as if you have 1000 jaffa and you want to attack with 100 of them then you should be able to, thats how the wars are fought in stargate. Your thinking how on earth would you know how many forces you would send in doing an attack? i thought of this and came up with something, well there is the attack power on the command page that show your power rating such as being 600 000 or something so if you do attack, on the attack page where you select how many turns to use you should be able to select the attack force. Of course to get an idea of how much of a force to send you can spy the person and return with the necessary intelligence. For example: the guy your attacking has a power of 400

This is what you have currently available

units power number total power

ribbon device 5 100 500
staff weapon 10 50 500
staff canon 40 7 280 death glider 180 2 360

Total power 1640

selection of military units for attack

units selected units selected power

ribbon device 20 100
staff weapon 5 50
staff canon 3 120
death glider 1 180

Total attacking power 450

Obviously it wouldnt be set up like that it would be better layed out but just giving you the idea of selecting the attack strength of your forces.

Of course your thinking now but why would i even bother selecting an attack force since if i do win the battle i would have banked the cash or spent it already and would have my forces straight back? Well i thought about that to and i came up with something forum said before that at the moment the further away from your rank the less attack power you have or something in those lines. Well i would not like to see an reduction in attacking strength however it should be put that, the further from your ranking, the person who your attacking such as if im ranked 1000th and i decide to attack the 10th ranked person then the further away the ranked player is the longer it would take your forces to return and that includes the winnings you have so if you won 100 000 naquada you wont recieve it until your fleet arives back home. It may be a really dumb idea however it does encourage conducting attacks on those ranked next to you, for example if your rank is 100 and you attack a 102 ranked person then your forces will return much quickly. To determine how much time it takes for an attack force to return it should be set at 1 minute per rank away from you so:

your rank 100 other person 105 then attack force returns in 5 minutes

your rank 2000 other persons rank 1000 then attack force returns in a 1000 minutes

As you can see nobody will ever want to not have a portion of the army gone for 1000 minutes thats over 16 hours so it would definately encourage much closer attack ranges. However bottom line, there needs to be more benefits with military ops such as it was pointed out before that if an attack is successful they should win weaponry from the opponent, and since those weapons are used for both offensive and defensive it definately benefits all involved. as well as having the rewards of winning weapons there should also be a case of some weapons being destroyed also in the case of a successful attack or defence. As currently im ranked a 1 300 and i can attack almost everyone in the top 10...

Also one more thing about spying if you do an effective spy and you find out everything about the player such as unit counts military level etc then there should also be an intelligence report showing how much of the forces are away from the player and approximate time of return thats if totally successful.

Thanks for reading this. if you want me to just STHU just tell me and i will never type something this big again.
GT

damnit the table went together bloody hell sorry pps i dont know what to do about it???
Chief

Its good to propose new ideas...

...i just dont think such monumental change is needed.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

very good ideas....
<but so much work ;) >

seriously - points taken.
if not today, then tomorrow. if not here, then there....

many a development front underway - don't count these out, but don't expect them tomorrow...

and - thanks for the long post!!
admin.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

am i allowed to say? can i? oh please? so i shall...

nice one Bastet, i am sure your Libra is proud of you :)

Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
GT

Oh yeah forgot to mention one thing....great job to the pps that created stargatewars and involved with it. I enjoy every minute of it keep it up.

the Coalition of the Willing no not yet
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

I really like,
such as if im ranked 1000th and i decide to attack the 10th ranked person then the further away the ranked player is the longer it would take your forces to return and that includes the winnings you have so if you won 100 000 naquada you wont recieve it until your fleet arives back home.

8)
Raconar
Forum Grunt

some I like

All of the ideas except the one about the last one about the rank taking longer for the people to come back...I hate that idea...maybe if it was 15 sec. per rank...or so...that way if it is 1000 ranks away it would be 15,000 seconds or 250 min which translates to just over 4 hours...or so...that is still a long time...I really don't see the point in making higher rank people suffer because their higher rank or make lower rank people suffer because their lower rank...besides...does anything stop the stronger person in the show when someone more powerful attacks someone little...the Goa'uld do it all of the time in the show...using Goa'uld as an example because I can't think fo anyone else...I don't like any of those "caps" or whatever...but if we must have them... :roll: ...I can live with them...as long as their are someother nice upgrades that come with it...
Raconar,

EPA Main Page
Member of the EPA.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

not a bad idea(s) like that time thing
GT

Hey Raconar what did ya mean by (CAPS)???

The time attack interval thing may have seemed to long when i suggested it but was just an example. In terms of the disadvantages of being either higher or lower ranked it wasnt ment to be as that instead to encourage greater competition with those around your rank and not across the galaxy battles of being ranked number 1 and attacking the 5000th ranked person....

By caps I mean...

Giving disadvantages to those who attack higher or lower just to "protect" lower ranked players...even though your plan protects higher ranked players as well...it also kind of leaves those of us who have their rank because of Covert Action...not that I...ok I do...we would have to sabotage till all of you know what freezes over...costing me a ton of money...along with all the others...
Raconar,

EPA Main Page
Member of the EPA.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”