No, it works fine
27%
Don't know/care
4%

Total votes: 75
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

Re: Does ascended server need a reset?

i think before anyone has any right to discuss how unfair ascention is, you should wander how did i do my ascentions ?
For example, i wasted my first 6 ascentions, i did speed ascentions to get asap the 30% bonus on main and to be honest, i did not understand main, boosted the wrong stats, the game was not attractive to me. But time passed and i started to understand ascended server, so i decided to do anohter 4 ascentions to give my ascended account the boost it needed, so i did those 4 ascentions with 50k raw up each, another mistake as those ascentions were way to low to make a big difference, but that together with raiding and farming and 2 trades i got my account to a level that i am happy with, still it is nowhere near the big players. But are they to blame that they invested more time/effort/resources of their main account for doing their ascentions ? Why should they be punished for the mistakes I made(and i am sure i am not the only one) ??
I agree that the gap between page 1 and page 2 is huge, but why is a suggestion made to whipe out the efforts they made ? Because they saw the possible importance of the "divine" server ? i believe page 1 is allready punished enough because they are not allowed anymore to "play" the ascended server, they can not do DMU hits, raid or decend anyone because they are "out of range" (yes they can sell attack, defense, untrain their coverts and assassins to drop enough to touch them, but i can't believe it was meat to be so), i am not going to say it is possible to "catch" those big guns, but for hell i am willing to try (anyone laughing will feel my wraith, i will throw peanut shells at you !!)
Offcourse this is only my way of view, but i know that if ascention gets reset after the amount of time i spend on it, i will be disappointed (and that is an understatement)
q3utom
Fledgling Forumer
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 13871

More people are actively playing these days I think so give it 6 months and see if anything has changed by then. Top players will always be top players no need to punish them anymore.
Castiel
Forum Expert
Alliance: DDE
Race: Angel
ID: 10351

What about those that have worked hard for they're ascended account and sacrificed stuff , like me example i did 4 speed ascensions with the minimum requirements , then the lg and lg+1 were bigger , and still my ascended account sucked , i raided i farmed i bought dmu currently i have spent about 8 mill uu for dmu..

Are we just gonna get reset after all we have worked for ?

this is the reason i voted no
What's it feel like? Took the wrong route
Watch it fall apart now you're knockin' at the wrong gate
For you to pay the toll, a price for you alone
The only deal you'll find, I'll gladly take your soul

Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve.
Balhaar
Forum Spammer
Alliance: TSA
Race: Tollan
ID: 16602

I voted yes.

A reset would make wars with the bigger players on main more dsireable as you wouldnt be worrying about the top 50 descending you.
Blessed be those who carry out the will of Balhaar, heretics be those who do not
Tanith
Forum Regular
Race: Ancient
ID: 86581

I vote no. I like it how it is, provides a challenege and admin is making alot of changes to help the weaker ones in the server.
Mod Color
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Balhaar wrote:I voted yes.

A reset would make wars with the bigger players on main more dsireable as you wouldnt be worrying about the top 50 descending you.

Exactly the reason I voted no, because it is pathetically easy to make war on any size account with any other size account in main; ascension is the key battle ground. Main wars mean nothing because anyone, with sufficient turns, time, and naquadah, can mass anyone else in main. Why? Because some of us sacrificed tons of main resources to ascend (multiple times), whilst others quickly ascended and did not send nearly the resources for all six of their ascensions that I sent up with one of mine. Therefore, they have had a significantly longer time to build up their accounts in main than those of us who did not quick ascend.
BELISKNER
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lone Wolf ~ Ex-Dirty Dozen
Race: Ancient
ID: 6116

This thread is laughable.
We Fought Together, We Died Together

Play NOW!!

Dirty Dozen - The End of an Era
Shornaal
Forum Elder
Alliance: Delta Allegiance
Race: System God
ID: 52597

BELISKNER wrote:This thread is laughable.

:lol:

Agreed
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Mojo Rising wrote:
Balhaar wrote:I voted yes.

Exactly the reason I voted no, because it is pathetically easy to make war on any size account with any other size account in main; ascension is the key battle ground. Main wars mean nothing because anyone, with sufficient turns, time, and naquadah, can mass anyone else in main. Why? Because some of us sacrificed tons of main resources to ascend (multiple times), whilst others quickly ascended and did not send nearly the resources for all six of their ascensions that I sent up with one of mine. Therefore, they have had a significantly longer time to build up their accounts in main than those of us who did not quick ascend.

This is true, those who did put into ascension are about to get hammered, when someone who has ascended 6 times fast and probably hasnt put in the resources from 6 ascension as some did in 1 ascension, now want a fast ride in ascension from admin by him making it easier for them, the way things go around here, its always going to favor the people who dont want to invest and the ones who do get shafted. Nothing will change.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"

Return to “Suggestions”