The Smiths and Morrissey

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

Re: The Smiths and Morrissey

Have you ever heard the song 'I Know It's Over' by the Smiths ?

For me that is the best song ever.

BW
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

top of your list for best songs ever / think i know it. listen to just about every thing the smiths have done, some of morr. solo stuff. fine it a shame i never got a chance to see them live myself. best song ever is such a fluid thing for me, i find "the best song ever" depending on whats going on with me during the week. right now i can't get "these boots are made for walking" out of my head, if only because i played it like 500 times at band practice this week. Kinda doing it with abit more of an edge than Nancy S. would have.
Easy^ Rocks
Bad Wolf

halamander wrote:top of your list for best songs ever / think i know it. listen to just about every thing the smiths have done, some of morr. solo stuff. fine it a shame i never got a chance to see them live myself. best song ever is such a fluid thing for me, i find "the best song ever" depending on whats going on with me during the week. right now i can't get "these boots are made for walking" out of my head, if only because i played it like 500 times at band practice this week. Kinda doing it with abit more of an edge than Nancy S. would have.

I should hope so too lol, what sort of band are you in ? do you do any Smiths covers ?

BW
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

mostly originals, a few covers thrown in what kind of band, well........there 5 of us and we all like different stuff and come from different dictions so it kinda mass into it's sound. countryclassicrockpunkpop, we are going to put some live pratice takes on a myspace, when we do i'll post here so u can hear.

smith covers.......not yet, but if i did i would go with "there is a light.." cause i think it's the most excess able for the general population. I use to do the bar band thing, rock covers ( young, hendickx) but got tried of playing to the crowd of drunks ( if i had a dollar for every red neck in my face yelling "FREEBIRD" ) now we mostly just write and do studio time, plying out when our m8's need some one to open for them. Easy, lazy and pure muse.
Easy^ Rocks
Bad Wolf

halamander wrote:mostly originals, a few covers thrown in what kind of band, well........there 5 of us and we all like different stuff and come from different dictions so it kinda mass into it's sound. countryclassicrockpunkpop, we are going to put some live pratice takes on a myspace, when we do i'll post here so u can hear.

smith covers.......not yet, but if i did i would go with "there is a light.." cause i think it's the most excess able for the general population. I use to do the bar band thing, rock covers ( young, hendickx) but got tried of playing to the crowd of drunks ( if i had a dollar for every red neck in my face yelling "FREEBIRD" ) now we mostly just write and do studio time, plying out when our m8's need some one to open for them. Easy, lazy and pure muse.

When you have the myspace set up Id love to check it out, I have two Myspaces, one for my personal account and the other for my Production company. Check them out.

BW
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

pm a link to your production company site, sounds interesting. My u are the man of many talents :-D what else do you listen to, me BIG BIG Elvis Costello fan. Like the Smiths, has a way with words that twist and turn, and you can get lost in, but not at the expense of the melody and the song itself.

what more important to u, the sound, the song, or the words ( every one say's, i like it all, but when you get right down to it, every one gravitates to one of these three)
Easy^ Rocks
Bad Wolf

halamander wrote:pm a link to your production company site, sounds interesting. My u are the man of many talents :-D what else do you listen to, me BIG BIG Elvis Costello fan. Like the Smiths, has a way with words that twist and turn, and you can get lost in, but not at the expense of the melody and the song itself.

what more important to u, the sound, the song, or the words ( every one say's, i like it all, but when you get right down to it, every one gravitates to one of these three)

Yeah I like afew Costello songs, he is great at writing too.

Yes I am a Wolf of many talents haha.

Whats your ingame ID ?

BW
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

102427 just one more noob that Easy's taken under his wing :lol:
Easy^ Rocks
Bad Wolf

If you ever want to fly on your own give us a shout mate. I always have a place in my alliance for a Mozza Fan :)

BW
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

i take that as a real complement bw, u are a well respected allaince. For now thou it's LLS for me and maybe in a few months FS. Easy been very good to me, but who knows what the future may hold. i enjoy this comuity as well as the game, and it's always good to have m8's.
Easy^ Rocks
Bad Wolf

halamander wrote:i take that as a real complement bw, u are a well respected allaince. For now thou it's LLS for me and maybe in a few months FS. Easy been very good to me, but who knows what the future may hold. i enjoy this comuity as well as the game, and it's always good to have m8's.

Easy is a good mate of mine, and he is a very wise leader. So learn everything you can off him, he is very smart, and you will do well in his alliance.

Ive sent you a PM of my Myspace.

BW

Return to “Music”