BIG NEWS FOR HARRY POTTER FANS

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Nemesis Novus
ID: 1915260

Re: BIG NEWS FOR HARRY POTTER FANS

The only people that would seriously care if dumbledore was gay...actually I cant think of what type of person would give a crap about a FICTIONAL character being homosexual. I dont think this was even worth posting about ...here's a cookie as reward for such a dumb topic.
Destroyer of Worlds, Defender of Noobs, Dan Dan the Dustbin Man!
'
Spoiler
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

Tok`ra wrote:
[BERSERKER] wrote:not referring to the post but to the Dumbledore being gay part

does it even matter? :?

No, the REAL question is did dumbledore and Hairy ever Cosplay a Cathloc preist and alter boy.

What sort of sick --- is that?

get out a bit more :?
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
duke iron
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard
ID: 0

why are people bashing on a fictional character???!!!!?!?!?!
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate

I would ask someone majoring in psychology. *Awaits Semper's diagnosis*
'
Spoiler
duke iron
Forum Expert

well i need someone like that
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate

Judging from the rhyme in your sig I would agree. But it is ok to be crazy! :^o
'
Spoiler
duke iron
Forum Expert

LOL
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Elliott#3 wrote:why are people bashing on a fictional character???!!!!?!?!?!

cos being queer still isnt excepted by 100% of society.

Not to mention that because of that, well, to put it the simplest way possible. Because of the nature of Dumbldores character and the calibre of such, we all percieved his as this great and powerful being, who we could look up to, we felt that through the main character in a character driven storyline. So to find out he is gay, coupled with what I said above about people being gay, and booya. Thats why it is such a big deal despite the fact it really was that obvious.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
duke iron
Forum Expert

BUT HES FICTIONAL!!!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

So? He is fictional? He is imaginary. The power of the human mind is second only to that of nature her self. Imaginary friends are fictional for all intents and purposes, hell God could be considered so by so many, Star Gate is fictional, look at sports there is no sport on the face of this earth that actually REALLY means anything at all other then being a luxury of entertainment, but yet all these things are ideas and concepts. Dumbledore is no different, the concept and idea of the character is, sadly, important to a great many people because of how much they liked the films and books. Coupled with what I said about society before in my previous post and well, you have your answer about why it should be such a big deal.

You have to think from JK's point of view aswell, though it is far from illegal to be a homo, like I said, its still not widely regarded as being 'normal'. To quote Oscar Wilde...

"We are remembered for the rules we broke. Not, the rules we followed."
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
duke iron
Forum Expert

it all makes sence to me now. thank u
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Come_Forth wrote:How loving and compassionate of you. It is times like these when I rejoice that I am on the highway to hell.

Roflmao
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!

Return to “The Book Club”