Game Guide-place errors/requested additions & edits here

SGBlackOps1
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:
SGBlackOps1 wrote:
Forum wrote:( (sqrt(2^spyLvl) x spies x %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10

Verna wrote:
"Covert Action: This is calculated by taking the square root of your spy level to the power of 2..."

I may just not understand English well enough, it's not my first language, but don't you end up with the same number you started with if you do that? (9's square would be 3, 3² you get 9?)

2 to the power of half of spy levels, multiplied by technology upgrades, multiplied by no. of spies, multiplied by race benefit. Add no. of spies. Multiply all by 10.

?

J.G.G.
simplest way I can think of expressing in words (even assuming I've read it correctly)

no its the square root of 2 to the power of your spylvl then times the amount of spies then by %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10

The y root of n to x is the same as n to x/y, is it not?

eg. square root of 2^4 is the same as 2^2, square root of 2^8 is the same as 2^4, cube root of 2^6 is the same as 2^2...

It has been some time so forgive me if I'm wrong, but going over these things in my head...

J.G.G.

ok heres it visually

10((sqrt((2^21))*150000*.30(if replicator *.25))+150000))
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

SGBlackOps1 wrote:
ok heres it visually

Makes sense to me, but, it seems better to me to simplify the (sqrt(2^21), by putting (2^(21/2)). Is this what we're disagreeing about?

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Phoenix of Skycon
Forum Newbie

Thank you Forum
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

sqrt(2^x) = 2^(x/2)
i am not sure which is easier, but they are equal, yes :)
and technically it should be x (1+bonus percent) but I think ppl get the idea that a 30% bonus is x1.3 not x0.3

SGBlackOps1 wrote:
ok heres it visually

Makes sense to me, but, it seems better to me to simplify the (sqrt(2^21), by putting (2^(21/2)). Is this what we're disagreeing about?

J.G.G.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Forum wrote:sqrt(2^x) = 2^(x/2)
and technically it should be x (1+bonus percent) but I think ppl get the idea that a 30% bonus is x1.3 not x0.3

SGBlackOps1 wrote:
ok heres it visually

J.G.G.

lol thanks, was worried that part of my brain had started to die away. I was just thinking it's easier to write in words without the square root.

J.G.G.
saying that I'd find it more accessible without having to translate from word mode to number mode in my head, but that may be just me. Maybe equation after equation isn't the friendliest thing for a help-guide but a few equations could serve as a blunt summary here and there...
Revolutionary
Phoenix of Skycon
Forum Newbie

sqrt(2^x) can also be simplified to sqrt(2)^x

I'm mucking with this formula trying to figure out the relationship of spies to spy level, but it's a bit beyond me at the moment. Of course it would be a relative figure for Asgard with both tech upgrades (which is 1.62?), but it would be interesting to find out. Before I get anymore off topic, I'll stop, but if anyone wants to look at this stuff with me, or if anyone can give me the old formula, let me know please. :)
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Hmm, well my knowledge in MySQL is very limited, almost none, I'm not sure how this might affect the game, but maybe you should recreate the formula so that it has a % in it that can be decreased so that you don't have to go back and keep rewriting a new formula for covert every time this gets out of wack. Something like this:

( ( (sqrt(2^spyLvl) x spies x %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10) x 1.00

Then each time you need to correct the covert all you have to do is take 1.00 and decrease it by a predecided amount. Anyway, just a thought I'd give you the input.
bryan
Forum Intermediate

Forum wrote:sqrt(2^x) = 2^(x/2)

SGBlackOps1 wrote:
ok heres it visually

J.G.G.

i think the easiest way would to produce the formulas in equation editor, and post them then. its far easier to read, and mo missunderstanding. however, i dont know about php programming, so i dont know how hard that will be to post, but i can write up a word docu which says the calcs doing that, screenie it, and post the image, which should be fairly simple.

edit, ive found this site. might be helpful, i dont know about compatability issues again
http://www.sosmath.com/CBB/viewforum.php?f=16
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Hensenshi wrote:Hmm, well my knowledge in MySQL is very limited, almost none, I'm not sure how this might affect the game, but maybe you should recreate the formula so that it has a % in it that can be decreased so that you don't have to go back and keep rewriting a new formula for covert every time this gets out of wack. Something like this:

( ( (sqrt(2^spyLvl) x spies x %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10) x 1.00

Then each time you need to correct the covert all you have to do is take 1.00 and decrease it by a predecided amount. Anyway, just a thought I'd give you the input.

this new way of working out covert is nothing like the old one which every time the game went up a couple of spy levels on average total power went massively otu of wack atleast 95% of alliance power in covert.
Now covert power is unlikely to go much higher than 75% of an alliances power, actually it may go up more in time still but all forumn has to do is change the x10 at the end. (not hard)
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Phoenix of Skycon wrote:sqrt(2^x) can also be simplified to sqrt(2)^x

I'm mucking with this formula trying to figure out the relationship of spies to spy level, but it's a bit beyond me at the moment. Of course it would be a relative figure for Asgard with both tech upgrades (which is 1.62?), but it would be interesting to find out. Before I get anymore off topic, I'll stop, but if anyone wants to look at this stuff with me, or if anyone can give me the old formula, let me know please. :)

i worked out the relationship between spy levels and spys, i.e at what point it'd be a good idea to sell spys to buy a new covert level and achieve a higher covert, or save for a new spy level, the figures can be given to anyone or a mere 2 bil :-D
LordOfSped
Forum Newbie

Help/Rules mistakes

In the guide, I found these mistakes:

1. On the game interface part, the Goa'uld picture shows "Mercenaries" instead of "Marketplace."

2. In the "Training" section, there are two super attack units, instead of one super attack and one super defence unit.

Just thought you might like to fix them. ;-)
ESF 12
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Thors Chariot
Race: Alteran
ID: 24956

If i think theres a glich with my attack score, do I post here or email game staff??
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

No, post it under 'Bugs' :)
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Hard Hiter Boy

Re: Game Guide-place errors/requested additions & edits here

I am new player in this stargate and i have several questions raised in my mind but i can't ask any player coz i can't browse even any player from battlefield. by this i can't attack any player too. is there anyone who can answer my questions???
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Re: Game Guide-place errors/requested additions & edits here

Hard Hiter Boy wrote:I am new player in this stargate and i have several questions raised in my mind but i can't ask any player coz i can't browse even any player from battlefield. by this i can't attack any player too. is there anyone who can answer my questions???

1. That is what this section is for :) You'll find there is plenty of people to answer your questions.
2. Are you in Plane: Pergatory Realm by any chance?
3. Read before posting ;)
Gone, left, no longer here.

Return to “For Admin Archives”