Scrap the 1/3 LF dmg

Suggest any improvements
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

Scrap the 1/3 LF dmg

Ok so you cant hit anyone 5x larger of 1/5th your army size these days so theoretically that means that all wars fought on this server are between players of simular strength right? So baring that in mind i dont see why we cant remove this 1/3 LF reserves cap

Ascension is supposed to be the "elite" server and is supposed to be all about balance so any half decent player will have put some resources into there personal abilities altho i am seeing more and more accounts with 600+ cha and 150k+ fleets with just the origanal 10 on there deascending abilities and max LF

Heres my sugestion altho its prolly be mentioned before...

Remove the 1/3 LF reserves cap but make it so that on the first hit the lowest a player can go is to 1 LF, this prevents single hits

Unless a player was personally attacked within the last 4 or 5 hours they cant be knocked of the ascended server, they just go down to 1LF so if they were hit in 3 hours they would be knocked off

Double the cost of AT for personal assaults

What i just said above makes the ascended server more "interesting" because a war on there consists solely off "Destroy Military" and then thats it, with all the other features of the ascended server, very long ppt etc its dead easy to get a top account before anyone notices you so its perfectly fair

The only ppl that should reject to this change are those i mentioned above with massive cha, fleets and no LF or LF reserves and the only reason they would complain is because they would actually have to spend resources making there account BALANCED
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
generaloneill
Forum Regular
Alliance: lone wolf
Race: Tollan
ID: 6258

Re: Scrap the 1/3 LF dmg

doesnt that make it far too easy to decend someone?
redneck
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ex DxM
ID: 68792

| Nemesis | wrote:Ok so you cant hit anyone 5x larger of 1/5th your army size these days so theoretically that means that all wars fought on this server are between players of simular strength right? So baring that in mind i dont see why we cant remove this 1/3 LF reserves cap

Ascension is supposed to be the "elite" server and is supposed to be all about balance so any half decent player will have put some resources into there personal abilities altho i am seeing more and more accounts with 600+ cha and 150k+ fleets with just the origanal 10 on there deascending abilities and max LF

Heres my sugestion altho its prolly be mentioned before...

Remove the 1/3 LF reserves cap but make it so that on the first hit the lowest a player can go is to 1 LF, this prevents single hits

Unless a player was personally attacked within the last 4 or 5 hours they cant be knocked of the ascended server, they just go down to 1LF so if they were hit in 3 hours they would be knocked off

Double the cost of AT for personal assaults

What i just said above makes the ascended server more "interesting" because a war on there consists solely off "Destroy Military" and then thats it, with all the other features of the ascended server, very long ppt etc its dead easy to get a top account before anyone notices you so its perfectly fair

The only ppl that should reject to this change are those i mentioned above with massive cha, fleets and no LF or LF reserves and the only reason they would complain is because they would actually have to spend resources making there account BALANCED

hmm, im not completley sure i agree with this, but i do however agree that something needs to be done. in my opinion, descending someone isnt worth it at all. i dont have the 9 hours to put into it just to see them log on and repair themselves thus completely wasting my time and turns. i think it is too hard to descend someone so i dont even bother, i stick with DM...and ive been playing for awhile, around 3B planets atm.
I have returned to the game, raiding.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

generaloneill wrote:doesnt that make it far too easy to decend someone?

Not really because the only players u can hit now are of simular size to yourself

@Redneck i`m hoping that somebody with more ascended xp will tweak it a bit if u all think its to extreme altho i dont see whats the problem since when u are deascended you still get to keep some of the benefits like ascended weapons. I cant be 100% sure on anything else as i`ve never been knocked off the ascended server
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

generaloneill wrote:doesnt that make it far too easy to decend someone?

thats debateable

isnt impossible to hard?.

For me to deascend the guys im average with under present conditions is about a 33hr job. it takes 11 hits with no refill. The current system is rubbish, this may not be right but atleast its movement. I just wish admin would do something.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

so is doing an ascended being on someone supposed to be effected by the 1/5th armysize?

because it isn't I had 1.4bill armysize and descended someone below 200mill armysize... I could hit him or destroy military or whatever but I had to fight over him and hit him several times to descend him (1/3rd)

I think it should be like that... otherwise sniper accounts who have 500mill armysize (100mill train conquerers) get that all destroyed (destroy military) or being out of the 1/5th range of the 3bill armysize people they hit... then they are destroyed down to 50mill armysize... that would stop them being hurt...

which Is why I think its currently right that you can still descend people with less than 1/5th your armysize

TheRook

p.s. I have hte kill on my ascended account to prove it

Sphere Of Influence: 57,705,095(37,515,410) Planets

My armysize was above 900 million (as I had that as income planets)

Feb 20, 2008 *** ascendedAttack 43,746,770 Destroyed Life Force 99 0 na na na details
Feb 20, 2008 *** ascendedAttack 43,746,770 Destroyed Life Force 99 0 na na na details

so its still possible to descend people who are tiny little pests... (which is how it should be)
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Honestly as it goes right now.

Alot of people can't do the 1/3 damage. LIke lore said they do abotu 1/33,
Ofcourse what he's seems to have forgotten, is unless you do the 1/3 damage, i can repair myself( auto) from just regenation. So unless you do max damage, i can't be descended.

And to do max damamge you need a lifeforce level of around 950-1000. So i think i'm safe forawhile.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Silverburn
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ajna
ID: 82526

the 1/3 thing should be scrapped, indeed

it is not hard to descend someone by doing this, since if you're online, you can easily farm and repair.

If you're too weak, then i wonder how you managed to invoke the anger of someone bigger then you...
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Silverburn wrote:the 1/3 thing should be scrapped, indeed

it is not hard to descend someone by doing this, since if you're online, you can easily farm and repair.

If you're too weak, then i wonder how you managed to invoke the anger of someone bigger then you...

you could make it 50% max damage then thats 3 hits (6 hours)
1 hit then another in 3 hours and the final 1 in 3 more hours

or make it 50% and change it back to 4 hours between hits (8 hours)
1 hit then another in 4 hours and the final 1 in 4 more hours

echoing what HE said I can refill my LF in 2 hours so the last hour I refill some of my reserves... I'm by no means impossible to descend but I am pretty damn tough (when my home internet works so I can get on sgw,ascended etc :()
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Silverburn
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ajna
ID: 82526

well that's just it: if a lot of players want someone descended? Why give them the ability...
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

High Empty wrote:Honestly as it goes right now.

Alot of people can't do the 1/3 damage. LIke lore said they do abotu 1/33,
Ofcourse what he's seems to have forgotten, is unless you do the 1/3 damage, i can repair myself( auto) from just regenation. So unless you do max damage, i can't be descended.

And to do max damamge you need a lifeforce level of around 950-1000. So i think i'm safe forawhile.

Ok HE but you being that strong doesnt it annoy the hell out of you that the only players you can descend are inactives?

If just the LF cache had been brought in and nothing else on that update i reckon the ascended server would be challenging

Return to “Suggestions”