Dynasty? Era? Kingdom?

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Dynasty? Era? Kingdom?

WELL!!! This thread is in a similar vain to that which has come before...

MOST of the System Lords had a theme, the majority were Egyptian Gods, Greek (Cronus), Hindu (Nirriti), etc etc... some were not even Gods, Sokar decided to be the devil, and Yu was a Chinease Emperor...Seth decided to be a cult leader on earth. They came from many and varied backgrounds, the older the civilisation, the older the God, the older the Goa'uld. (aka, Ra, Anubis, Osiris...)

IN THIS instance, from a cultural perspective on earth....where would you Goa'uld be?

Im immediately going to jump on this band wagon and say Semper aka Jahwe, aka God almighty. :wink: Semper being the latin word for always and by extension, infinity, eternity, everlasting. Tried to use Religion to control the masses of earth in order to gain energy and support for when he ascended, in turn stealing all the slaves.

It was of course at this point where Semper was in a long term war with Ra, and being beaten, he knew his best bet was to stop Ra at the source, which he eventually manager, causing a large Riot on Earth. Of course though with other wars, and the presence of Sokar, once a loyal subordinate of Semper, Semper eventually left earth 2000 years ago, but left a legacy none would believe!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Shornaal
Forum Elder
Alliance: Delta Allegiance
Race: System God
ID: 52597

Re: Dynasty? Era? Kingdom?

Erm..

My persona is taken from several areas. :)

The character i use is from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. a PS2 game.
His name is Laharl and he is the Overlord of the Netherworld. (hell but another dimension)

The name Shornaal is an alternative known name for another God in a fantasy realm. He is the God of perfection. Master of excess and creative power, his realms of influence include music, art and passion.

The reason i put God in front of my name was due to my friend when we started playing got the title before me so i changed my name to put it their out of spite. Now in the following years i ascended to Godhood. Now bow before me!
Kahotep
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Horus Lords
Race: System Lord
ID: 1933386

Hello all! I have never properly introduced myself, but I'm Kahotep.

I thought this would be a good place to start and say hello to the rest of my kind. :)

I am a freelance author who loves to also dabble in the realm of Fan-fiction. :) A english friend of mine and I are presently developing a 13 novel series that deals with a Guo'uld symbiote clan calling themselve the P'Nai.

Unlike the Guo'uld, they don't potray themselves as gods, but as 'heroes' that sometimes fight against the gods. There names are pulled from Greek, Egyptian, and Babylonian histories, but mostly Greek.

Names like Hercules, Ulysses, Jason, etc. Even some Pharoahs (as pharaohs were considered gods by the Egyptians) like Akhenaten who banished all other gods from his kingdom and only worshiped Ra (true earth history).

So, it gave me more leeway to create an Egyptian Guo'uld like Kahotep. :) He potrays himself not as a god, but as a rich warrior with his jaffa backing him as the one who protects them from there foes.

Well, that's my dissertation. :D

Nice to meet you all both in IC and OOC.
The P'Nai
The P'Nai are spawn from Queen Lexxis in an experiment to have her people rule by loyalty then fear. They are considered lesser evil then the Goa'uld as the Queen withheld a lot of the cruelty in her experiment. Notable P'Nai in history was Perseus, Hercules, and others.

The P'Nai don't take hosts by force, but by volunteers. The one who gives full possession of the host body to the symbiont, their family is forever taken care by the P'Nai. Even when one is overthrown by another, the P'Nai never harm the family of volunteers as it would destroy their way of life.
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

From an Earth Cultural perspective...

The world Usul has it's roots in various middle eastern philosophies, particularly in Turkish music, and Islam...

It is also a reference to a fictional character from the book Dune, an individual who became swept up in local mysticism and prophecy, eventually becoming a "savior" to his people...

In almost every case the word is associated as, basically, "the foundation." Being the basis of a tribe's strength, the "meter"(more or less) in turkish music, and the Uṣūl al-fiqh (literal translation "roots of law") in Islamic Jurisprudence...

The Goa'uld Usul portrays himself not as a god, but as a prophetic savior and holy warrior, sent by "The Goddess" to teach his people the tenets of truth, and faith...though there are similarities to Origin, it should be noted that darkness is exalted as forcing one to face inner truths, and that the system encourages open questioning of what is being taught...

All of this leading to Usul himself who is the only one who, actually, speaks to "The Goddess"...and subtley manipulates high ranking officials within the faith to ensure his continued status as "the savior"...

It is, as yet, unknown if this faith actually manages to ascend it's followers...an entirely likely situation, as the populace firmly believes in the teachings of Usul, and would follow him even if ascended...
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
comander zao
Forum Irregular
Race: go'ald

zao. i dont know where this name comes from exactly. it was apart of my imagination. the name though came from a sort of crappy t.v show called AVATAR. The character died after the 1st season. So i guess i come from a poor history of a short-lived life.
some of u may remember me of Comander Zao.
Zao is back and out of my longest hiatus yet
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

lol..I will remind people this is your cultural back ground. We have a thread for the etiology/histories of names, and what type of Goa'uld you are.

This thread is a chance for you to go into the endless pages of history, pick a great hearo/villain/important figure and say YES! I am the Goa'uld behind them! I appeared here because the system lords sid this, I appeared here because of this, I invented this because of this..and I left earth because of....

Its an extra layer on top of the role playing edge of forum life.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”