question about my warnings

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

question about my warnings

Hello dear mod team,

I have a question about the 3 warnings I received. I guess the 3rd one was removed. However since it still happened and I was banned from the forums for something that didn't even violate the rules, I reckon I will have to be very careful in future and certain mods will watch me like a hawk and make sure not to miss the next opportunity to ban me again.

So could a mod please be so nice and confirm that the following are valid warnings?

Warning No. 1:

Nimras wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=101&p=1269730#p1269730.

geisha wrote:
Thelen wrote:Why is every 6 months someone posts some thread about Teal'auc and her honour or PPT or something???

Because she is online 24/7, no matter what time of the day you mass her, she is ALWAYS online. Which is kind of sad, seeing that she is the mother of a little boy she should be spending time with to go outside, show him mother nature, all the animals out there... spend time with him, show him the world and all that kind of stuff. PPT offers that kind of free time. Since she doesn't seem to care about that at all though, people try the attack-her-honour-tactic as this seems to be the only thing she ever responds to.

Oh that was was just a guess ;)

Clear break of rules Geisha this is personal way to personal even tho it is a game and goes under Rule 5 section c

Please confirm that this is a personal insult even though it does not contain any foul language, masking etc. while the very common comment of telling people they have no life or other remarks on their real life are perfectly acceptable.

Warning No. 2:

Nimras wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=101&p=1377384#p1377384.

Actually, I am not doing it to insult TJP, I am sure most players in TJP are mature enough not to be offended by it anyway. It's only about the mods who would get as silly as warning people for typing "jAnus" while "jANUS" is acceptable. I am sorry if it bothers you, but really it's only about the ridiculous behaviour of the forum mods.

No its not acceptal any of them Already warned AGA for it.

Please confirm that the altering of the capitalisation of the word Janus is a warnable offence even when it isn't directed at anyone in particular but only used in a discussion about the whole issue. Please confirm that each and every forum member who has done it has received a warning too (including those mentioned in this post: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=115575&start=52 )

I just need to be sure that the reasons I have been warned for really are a breach of the forum rules, since I only have 1 strike left ;)

If a mod can confirm this, I will most happily make your work easier by pointing your attention to similar posts made by other forum users. The same rules apply to all of us, don't they?
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Re: question about my warnings

My opinion, on the first one. Is that you attacked her motherhood ability. I would judge that a personal attack.

As for the 2nd. The way you emphasized it, clearly pointed out a filtered word...Thus masking. This however, is not against the rules if they remove the filter for that word.

I mean no disrespect Geisha, even if I felt your third warning was the result of a personal attack on me. Please look at my explanation and try to see it from an impartial side. If that is possible.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
RBR
Forum Expert
Alliance: WarHeaD
Race: Csángó
ID: 1925596

probably you were warned for political reasons, global worming, aparthaid and for the whales migration.... :-D not for the language that you used
btw the evil mods force us to lose our beloved sigi , coz it was.... beautifull.Conclusion: the mods must have twisted mind, if they see xxx stuff in everything.... :-D
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

geisha wrote:Hello dear mod team,

I have a question about the 3 warnings I received. I guess the 3rd one was removed. However since it still happened and I was banned from the forums for something that didn't even violate the rules, I reckon I will have to be very careful in future and certain mods will watch me like a hawk and make sure not to miss the next opportunity to ban me again.

So could a mod please be so nice and confirm that the following are valid warnings?

Warning No. 1:

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=101&p=1269730#p1269730.

geisha wrote:
Thelen wrote:Why is every 6 months someone posts some thread about Teal'auc and her honour or PPT or something???

Because she is online 24/7, no matter what time of the day you mass her, she is ALWAYS online. Which is kind of sad, seeing that she is the mother of a little boy she should be spending time with to go outside, show him mother nature, all the animals out there... spend time with him, show him the world and all that kind of stuff. PPT offers that kind of free time. Since she doesn't seem to care about that at all though, people try the attack-her-honour-tactic as this seems to be the only thing she ever responds to.

Oh that was was just a guess ;)

Clear break of rules Geisha this is personal way to personal even tho it is a game and goes under Rule 5 section c

Please confirm that this is a personal insult even though it does not contain any foul language, masking etc. while the very common comment of telling people they have no life or other remarks on their real life are perfectly acceptable.

Warning No. 2:

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=101&p=1377384#p1377384.

Actually, I am not doing it to insult TJP, I am sure most players in TJP are mature enough not to be offended by it anyway. It's only about the mods who would get as silly as warning people for typing "jAnus" while "jANUS" is acceptable. I am sorry if it bothers you, but really it's only about the ridiculous behaviour of the forum mods.

No its not acceptal any of them Already warned AGA for it.

Please confirm that the altering of the capitalisation of the word Janus is a warnable offence even when it isn't directed at anyone in particular but only used in a discussion about the whole issue. Please confirm that each and every forum member who has done it has received a warning too (including those mentioned in this post: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=115575&start=52 )

I just need to be sure that the reasons I have been warned for really are a breach of the forum rules, since I only have 1 strike left ;)

If a mod can confirm this, I will most happily make your work easier by pointing your attention to similar posts made by other forum users. The same rules apply to all of us, don't they?

First Warning:

Direct insult of a players RL abilities as a mom and person thats breaking Rule 5 Section C:

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums their selves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6.)

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments, may be ignored or a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user tone it down. More serious cases will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Ombudsperson, Forum Administrators and Moderators.

Have it underlined for you what part you broke.

For the second warning:

I have to react on a word thats in the word filter which is being made sure people notice the way you wrote the CAPITALS now as long the Admins Smooshable and Bazsy want a word in the filter you no matter what falls under Rule 5 section B:

b. Profanity
The use of profanity on the SGW forums is prohibited at all times. This means swearing, cursing and vulgarity. This includes the use of masking. SGW is a family orientated game and as such the language used must be suitable for children.

N.B. As Factorizer signatures often display such content the use of them is forbidden on the SGW forums. However, static versions of the signature, that are clean of prohibited material are still allowed, though users take full responsibility for their content.

Consequence:
The offending user will be given one warning point.

Again i underlined the rule you broke. This can be done by posting a sig containing it or more. So even tho users claim me or my fellow mods to be drama quens for doing our job we arent.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Nimras
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Thank you for clearing this up.

Even though I personally don't see how pointing out that someone is online a lot is a comment about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage... Maybe you can explain what exactly was so offensive about the post? I just want to know it, so I know which posts to report in future.

Regarding the Janus thing, I take it all the other users have been warned too and all the posts containing those variations of "Janus" have been modded and edited? I am fairly sure I can still find some...
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

geisha wrote:Thank you for clearing this up.

Even though I personally don't see how pointing out that someone is online a lot is a comment about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage... Maybe you can explain what exactly was so offensive about the post? I just want to know it, so I know which posts to report in future.

Regarding the Janus thing, I take it all the other users have been warned too and all the posts containing those variations of "Janus" have been modded and edited? I am fairly sure I can still find some...

I will try and make it clear for you:

c. Abuse / Racism:

Personal attacks on members are not tolerated.

Now you personal attacked her by writing:

Again i underlined the offensive in the post your actually saying she sits here so much and therefore cant take care of her son now thats a personal attack on her saying she is a bad mom you might not intent for that but thats how it came so yes thats what you where warned for Personal Attack.

And as i told you on MSN all i have found or that was reported is dealth with if you find some i have missed point them out to me as any other user would.

Nimras.

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”