Ascension Server

Suggest any improvements
cyberblade
Forum Regular
Alliance: Pi Allegiance

Re: Ascension Server

Brdavs wrote:
cyberblade wrote:any "ascended is crap" or "just reset everything" is idiotic talk. there has to be well developed plans for changes before there can be any consideration of resetting or changing even without a reset.

Not sure weather or not I should be offended lol.

Ofcource one wouldn`t just whipe the slate clean overnight without forethought heh... if you read my post my thesis is that the overinflation of planets via huge CERs (and subsequently everything else) is the root of all evil. That`s the foundations of any train of thought on how to go about changing things.

There are pleanty of top sized guys that see little alternative to a reset if you pay attention. Tbh, I`m one the guys that will loose the most and it could happen that I do not return but if you want the server "fixed" I see no other alternative. Now if that`s idiotic, whats your brilliant suggestion? HOw to proceede? But not just from the perspective of your account but the whole server. Look over the complaints that are raining in today and those form the pre update era.
When you figure out a way to apease both sides of the coin, one multibil sized and one multi 100mil sized, let us know. We`ll put you forward for the Nobel prize heh.
Such differences are simply "unnatural" and inheretly make the thing "unplayable" for one respective half, killing the appeal of the game. Tough luck eh? But people imho should not complain if they`re not willing to bite the bullet with some radical stuff lol.

No worries-not targeting you. I was referring to all the players who complain about either server and ALL they do is complain-without offering anything that is a functional solution.

I realize that people complain about ascended-but as you put it-if I had a solution that worked for everyone we wouldn't be here. To be completely honest-I like the way ascended is now. But I do hear complaints from the larger players. I'm not as bad off as some-I'm still growing at 50%.

I'd be happy for there to be a reset as it were. But If it were simply reset with the same rules as it is now there would be no difference long term. What needs to be come up with is changes to gameplay that would makes the reset worthwhile. And yes, not everyone will ever be happy-but we'd have to aim for most people being happy. And if that happened I'd support a reset with new rules/gameplay. Even though I like ascended right now.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

why should a reset happen?
I mean really cant the game just be updated or modified. Im not saying I know what should be done by any means. I just have seen a few problems with the game, and hearing a few perspectives it changes my view points a little. this was kind of my intention for starting the thread, I know a fair amount about ascended but I would claim to be a pro or expert. I do like the ascended server to a degree but their are a few problems that make it lack where it could excell. Perhaps I am wrong, but this is why we all share our POV's and talk amoungest one another.
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Problem is that these few problems are mutualy exculsive with some other problems...
And cyberblade you`re infact right, you cant please everybody. I guess it`s up to admin to choose wich side he can afford to antagonise more on the expense of the other. Up to us to pitch some ideas around. Mine just seem to be on the "radical" end of the rainbow... not much chance you`ll see them in practice hehe.

Meh wth do I know lol, perhaps a healthy balance is possible. A healthy ballance of unhappines that is. :P
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
cyberblade
Forum Regular

well, looking back at the suggestions... let's go over the "problems" and see if we can work something out.

the 4 big issues that I see are (in my order of priorities):

1 Descension
2 Assassin power
3 Growth rate
4 Command Star

My proposed solutions (which I'd love to see analysis and critique of):

1 Remove repulsion Its useless as whoever attacked you can right then convert dmu to lf and it doesn't affect them. Without bouncing over 30% back more people could become descendable. Also, move the max limit to 40% instead of 33%-this way it could be done in 6 hours instead of 9. All the LF that had been invested into repulsion could be returned. And I could buy maybe 1 or 2 charisma levels with mine...

2 If assassins are going to keep their current power it should cost about 15 turns, and losses should go up to 10%. Alternatively-decrease damage to 2-3%.

3 On ascended there is about the same difference in size as there is on main-from the biggest to the smallest. That said-more people are comparatively larger on ascended. I would reset fleets and charisma for everyone (giving them back the resources of course) then increase the costs from the lower levels, leaving the cap the way it is now.

4 Add something to the power up page that affects the command star the same way we increase attack, defense, etc. we'd all be starting from 0-so everyone is equal.

Anyways, I believe that these changes are as fair as they can be, and would have the intended long term effects. (Moving the cap for example is just a short term band-aid). What do you guys think? Are they fair for the small guys, and the big guys? And will they do what's needed or will they just cause other issues.
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

The growth rate is a lone wolf's only real defence against the 250 players joined together behind 1 tag most people are only looking for an update wich gives them their power back on ascended.
To many just sat on their arse for to long and they fully expect income to outdo farming and now when they see it doesnt they know they should have played different and want a reset --__--

If theres 1 server who needs a reset its main......you say lvls in Ascended are screwed?
Look at all the MS in Main wich are uncatchable for any new player to start like many more other things wich are just to far away for any newbie to see it as a challenge.....
It used to be people could be good in 1 stat while giving up on other things .......these days it seems some of them are scrapping naq outta the air daily because they just have the whole package ....... to many bugs around to get an easy way out......to many new names poppin up with accounts impossible to generate even with cash......Ascended is still in lines in terms of catchable no stat hs really gone that far yet....
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
cyberblade
Forum Regular

Raven wrote:The growth rate is a lone wolf's only real defence against the 250 players joined together behind 1 tag most people are only looking for an update wich gives them their power back on ascended.
To many just sat on their arse for to long and they fully expect income to outdo farming and now when they see it doesnt they know they should have played different and want a reset --__--

If theres 1 server who needs a reset its main......you say lvls in Ascended are screwed?
Look at all the MS in Main wich are uncatchable for any new player to start like many more other things wich are just to far away for any newbie to see it as a challenge.....
It used to be people could be good in 1 stat while giving up on other things .......these days it seems some of them are scrapping naq outta the air daily because they just have the whole package ....... to many bugs around to get an easy way out......to many new names poppin up with accounts impossible to generate even with cash......Ascended is still in lines in terms of catchable no stat hs really gone that far yet....

Well, fixing assasins and descension would be my priorities. As I posted in some thread-the size differential in ascended is similar to main. Just more vocal complaints in ascended-as the big tag guys (the ones who are on the forums mostly) are the ones at a disadvantage on ascended.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

I agree with a few of the ideas in this thread the one i like the most is the Command star altho i`m not really sure it needs anything doing to it, i cant really say but i dont bother with mine because nobody bothers with theres. DMU is easy to come by these days so i`m sure if you wanted to make it useful you could, i think maybe asking Freeman if his CS is any good would be a start

As for descension yeah i agree its pretty daft atm and has been for a while, when i had levels of 500 i couldnt descend players with levels of 10 if they stocked up there LF and at the same time players with levels considerably higher than my own cant even get into my ascended LF reserves, i think maybe making the attack levels cheaper or buffing them or even something else is needed

Assassin levels to me are fine, take a look at the ascended server atm with this big war, even now there are still some TJP or FUALL accounts that havent been touched yet while others got assassinated straight away, the difference was the accounts still standing have around 200 trill assassin power. Why mass that when its just as easy to find somebody with a huge defence or some other stat with only 30tril assassin

Growth rate is perfectly fine aswell, players from both sides are always going this is StargateWARS blah blah and yet how long have TJP or TLE or whatever had a NaP with FUALL/CoP Maybe if these Naps wernt constantly in place giving each other an easy life i dont think anyone would be at half the army size they are on ascended

Players with certian tags say ascended is a joke players without the tags say main is a joke. If somebody wants to catch up on ascension they can to a degree altho those players already there putting in the same effort will always have that advantage. Its almost impossible to catch up on main, a new player comes he/she has gotta ascend multiple times and raid for god knows how long just to keep up with the moving cap
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Wow I quit the game and now someone from TLE is suggesting that the only possible fix for the servers is a total reset? I have to disagree with Brdavs on one point though: the ascension server was fine BEFORE the updates; people just didn't want to put in the hard work and sacrifice to their main accounts that getting a decent ascended account took. The last batch of updates to ascended are what killed it. Instead of being a server that presented new and interesting challenges, it became Main II: The Sequel. Now everyone has approximately the same stats, no one can be effectively descended, unless you are a moron. It's SOOOO much better this way. Because who wants to play on a server where hard work and sacrifice are rewarded instead of punished? I certainly don't, which is why I finally quit. The latest ridiculousness of sending 15 million unarmed attackers to AC through a hellacious defense and losing about 1/100 of them was the the straw that broke the camel's back. Why bother building a defense or covert anymore?

Just build a huge strike and a huge MS, get one person in your alliance to go totally AC, and you have got yourself an unbeatable massing combo. Woohoo! What fun!
piraten
Forum Grunt

Remove link between main and ascention and fix cs, growth rate, assassins and make it a fun server where everyone is a lonewolf and fight each other :)
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

piraten wrote:make it a fun server where everyone is a lonewolf and fight each other :)

This will never happen, first thing players will do is set peace to al there alliance mates

Admin might aswell create alliances just like it is on main
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

As I have posted in other threads, a complete reset of both servers (with modifications) will solve all the problems occurring in both servers. Descension will be possible, the out of control growth rate will be curbed. And the problems with n00bs not being able to compete with vets will be solved without introducing artificial limiters into the game (rank mods are the bane of my existence).

Return to “Suggestions”