The Great New Goa'uld

All Goa'uld and System Lord discussion
Tridentkilla
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Horus Guard
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

Re: The Great New Goa'uld

I am curious as to why this thread died, the list is oh so short, are there really so few of the new Generation that qualify?

Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular
Race: Goa'uld
Alternate name(s): Brocov

Qualification is irrelevant, don't get me wrong we all have our reasons for nominating someone but there is no real 'standard' just anyone you hold in high regard really. If three goa'uld players nominate another goa'uld that is enough for me to put more people on the list. I had hoped for it to be sticky'd but no such luck.

I don't know of most of the new goa'uld, which is why I haven't been nominating on a more regular basis.
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
ID: 37648

hmm ... *thinks about who to nominate*
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Tridentkilla
Forum Intermediate

so apparently no thoughts?

Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular

There is no lack of new faces, there is only a lack of humility on all our behalf, to accept the lessened standards of what it is to be a great goa'uld. We are no longer talking about figurehead players, but Goa'uld players doing themselves and their race justice. Unfortunately I am not informed enough of in-game politics to make those dissertations to argue why those new faces should be on this list.
Tridentkilla
Forum Intermediate

the problem is that most of the new players arent really doing that, they are building themselves and ignoring their race...

Nicholai Brocov
Forum Regular

Don't worry Tridentkilla I'm sure there will be new names on the list soon. Especially with talk of a new SLA which is a racially stimulating topic with far reaching implications for us all. I would be more concerned about being just another name on that list, if anything, you should be enjoying the elitist structure of the list as it stands.

The fact that it's not sticky'd should probably be your first concern. But we all know that will happen in time as well.

So patience please.
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire

"the problem is that most of the new players arent really doing that, they are building themselves and ignoring their race..."

This comment may be true, however, I Maha Vishnu have no such view.

I am not a powerful as the older Goaulds however, I have gone from a minor Goauld to the most powerful Goauld in my alliance in a short period of time.

However, I have not used this for my personnel goals. True, I needed to raise myself in power however this has helped me into trying to make the Serpent Guard members grow, understand ascension, whats stats are require to get to what ranks etc and hopefully become a formidably alliance. We have many minor Goauld, and all they need is resource and mentoring. Building from the bottom up, makes the alliance more stable as the minor Goauld get taught how to help other Goauld. The Goauld Empire was formed from many powerful Goaulds who all tasted power and some got drunk on that.

The GE needs members who are NOT in mixed alliances. As, when the Goauld vs alliance comes into question which side would they be on.

Those Goauld who are interested in forming some sort of new empire, need to be with no alliance or in a Goauld only alliance.

Each alliance, individual then picks candidates from there alliance and then votes are cast by all members. The alliances should have 2 members of the HC. Those HC members then vote who would be the SSL. The SSL would have control, but any actions have to be thru the GE Council.

(This is what the GE treaty reads like)

And please, before I get shot down, it is just a suggestion/thought. Constructive feedback appreciated

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
ID: 37648

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:Those Goauld who are interested in forming some sort of new empire, need to be with no alliance or in a Goauld only alliance.

I fully agree.

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:And please, before I get shot down, it is just a suggestion/thought. Constructive feedback appreciated

Hmm .... the suggested system would make it impossible for alliance-less members of the Goa'uld Empire to become a SSL. Even if they would join an alliance short time before the election, I'm pretty sure the alliance would rather propose their long time members then some1 who recently joined ...

- Reschef :sge
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire

Hmm .... the suggested system would make it impossible for alliance-less members of the Goa'uld Empire to become a SSL. Even if they would join an alliance short time before the election, I'm pretty sure the alliance would rather propose their long time members then some1 who recently joined

Reschef, you make an excellent point and one that may need further discussion. I would like to see, the Empire be open and transparent to all Goauld.

I believe that the Empire is there to protect and nurture the weaker gods in all Goauld alliances.

Each alliance will donate a % of joint incomes from there members (levid at the rank /power of alliance) and higher % give back to those in the lower alliance and lowest rank within each alliance.

And, the alliances should have commanders and officers from each alliance as to keep it "mixed"

These are just some more thoughts.

Maha Vishnu

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

I like the thought put into it, but is there a way to incorporate Goa'uld in mixed alliances? I mean, times have changed and many of the strongest Goa'uld reside in multi-racial alliances.
Death is the Road to Awe

Lord_Grant
Forum Irregular

^^ Points at the poster above him.

;)
chaisejret
Fledgling Forumer

Re:

Sun God Ra wrote:
Elladan wrote:I nominate ... AncientAnubis.
Why? Because he is a persistent character of Great Power. :)

All Hail Anubis.

* bows along with all the other Kull Warriors *

he's already on the great goauld list :P

, ,
I didnt know the most list was for great gould only for sholvas. But what is sure is then Ancient Anubis is so great at the most (| |) :smt023
*fires off remaining three 3 rounds of hkvp70*

walks to apc and says to soldier "the names Bond, James Bond."

*pulls out the shoulder rocket launcher and blows the following apc away*
*big noisy fireball followed by the sound of approaching helicopters*

Return to “Goa'uld/ System Lords”