what's the point

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

what's the point

in this topic being a sticky? I mean it's locked because the mods didn't like the discussion they had started...

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=90039
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Re: what's the point

*cough* vendetta */cough*

if you wish to smear poop do so in the bathroom but please leave it there....
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

She's got a point though.. there's an expiration date for topics.. like the one Geisha linked being completely irrelevant in our day and age.
Threads like rules and stuff, short and concise, they can be stickied indefinitely. I would agree that many sections have way too many stickies, by far not all as relevant as they should be, in that position of relative importance and all.

Point of a sticky is to get a point across, preferably in the first post. This thread doesn't. Imo, why even keep it around.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Rev. Auriel Daniels wrote:She's got a point though.. there's an expiration date for topics.. like the one Geisha linked being completely irrelevant in our day and age.
Threads like rules and stuff, short and concise, they can be stickied indefinitely. I would agree that many sections have way too many stickies, by far not all as relevant as they should be, in that position of relative importance and all.

Point of a sticky is to get a point across, preferably in the first post. This thread doesn't. Imo, why even keep it around.

what's the point
by geisha on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:02 am

in this topic being a sticky? I mean it's locked because the mods didn't like the discussion they had started...

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=90039

Do you see the date there?

its a really old thread thaltek has been digging up loads and effectively spamming them all I reported this and will see what happens... probably nothing...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:?

14 Sep 2007. :|
Thanks Rook.. I reacted in good faith that thread was actual.
However, since that's almost a year ago, that sticky has even less merit as it would have had had it been indeed a recent thread.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Jack TheBunny Ripper wrote:
TheRook wrote:its a really old thread thaltek has been digging up loads and effectively spamming them all I reported this and will see what happens... probably nothing...

Yeah because ya know, Thaltek's one of my multis and I'm allowed to do whatever the hell I want, which is why I don't have any warnings.... oh wait...

as much as you could believe I do everything to spite you this has nothing to do with you unless you responded to the report I submitted and issued a warning to him for spamming all over this section of the forum?
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)

TheRook
Forum Addict

Jack TheBunny Ripper wrote:
TheRook wrote:as much as you could believe I do everything to spite you this has nothing to do with you unless you responded to the report I submitted and issued a warning to him for spamming all over this section of the forum?

You read too much into my post, I never said it was because of me, I merely stated -sarcastically- that you were correct, then gave you a reason why. :roll:

Jack TheBunny Ripper wrote:Yeah because ya know, Thaltek's one of my multis and I'm allowed to do whatever the hell I want, which is why I don't have any warnings.... oh wait...

I dont see anywhere you said I was correct... and you didnt give me a reason why I was correct as you didnt state that I was correct...

I just don't see the point of your original reply in the context of my post... you just assumed I was saying you were thaltek which you really had to dig deep for that as it just isn't there...

TheRook

Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Jack, knock it off. The entire world's not out to get you.

Once they raise the payment for me to join their side from one billion to one trillion euros, then it will be. Until then, stop jumping at shadows.
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

TheRook wrote:I just don't see the point of your original reply in the context of my post... you just assumed I was saying you were thaltek which you really had to dig deep for that as it just isn't there...

TheRook

[-X of course i am a multi who else would have 9k posts.....

as for the point i see none.....the tread in post one is old news.....
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

hmm... no need to keep this open...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”