The western obsession/fetish with being the "force of good"

urogard
Forum Elder
ID: 0

Re: The western obsession/fetish with being the "force of good"

LiQuiD wrote:not really. a decent % of most western countries are not white. a black man may become president. uk society has people of different ethnic origins at all levels.

its not a question of skin colour, but rather of ideals.

once again you totally missed the point

and "different ethnic origins at all levels" is definitely a misnomer.
Even if you took "white man" into one group and "all other colors and races + white women" you'd still end up with a sweeping majority in the "white man" group.

We can start talking when there are <50% men >50% women in such positions and <50% of them all are white.
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

dude that doesnt make a whole lot of sense. i guess your meaning.

in an historically white country why would there be 50% non white people in such positions? that wouldnt be representavive of the general population.

men do tend to get better jobs than women and have more power, but this gap has been closing for decades (and rightly so). having unnecessary, yet fixed, quotas of certain types of person in positions is stupid. i believe in the best man/woman for the job. hiring someone due to their sex or ethnic origin is wrong. people better suited to the positions are overlooked in favour of less appropriate alternatives.
urogard
Forum Elder

I was merely remarking on your statement that the UK society has people of different ethnic origins at all levels.

Explicitly it doesnt' state this, but implicitly it states that there is a fair share of ethnic origins and women represented.

I want to bet my posterior growth of burnable material that that's not the case.

Besides more than half the world either non white or non male
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

still not exactly understanding your point. can you elaborate please?
urogard
Forum Elder

I do not know exactly how much % there are blacks in the uk, but i bet that's not equal to the % of black people in political positions.

or taking a simpler example, whatever the % of women in uk, the % of positions in politics is nowhere near close to that percentage.

and i agree with you. people should not be put there just to fit certain quotas. So there should be some fluctuations in men/women in positions, but they should still be somewhere close to the % of men/women in a country and not a marginal percentage.
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

there are many non-white people involved with politics in the uk. my mayor is asian for example.

i dont know if the ratios work out between population and representation to be honest.

representation is gradually yet steadily changing to better reflect the general population though.
urogard
Forum Elder

LiQuiD wrote:there are many non-white people involved with politics in the uk. my mayor is asian for example.

That is an argument trying to use a logical fallacy in order to validate itself.

How many members of this so-called house of lords are women or are not white.
And how does this so-called house of lords even justify its existence.
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

urogard wrote:That is an argument trying to use a logical fallacy in order to validate itself

how would i use 'logical fallacy' to validate my point?

i simply stated a fact:
there are many non-white people involved with politics in the uk

and related it to my personal experience:
my mayor is asian for example

urogard wrote:this so-called house of lords

its not so-called. it is the house of lords. this so-called 'The Right Honourable the Lords Spiritual and Temporal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Parliament assembled' is a sensible thing to have.

it has been reformed so its members are almost entirely appointed, whereas positions used to be hereditary.

the amounts of minorities in the house of lords has steadily been changing to better represent the general population. things like this cant be changed overnight. it takes time to instil new ways of doing things in an institution such as this.
urogard
Forum Elder

LiQuiD wrote:how would i use 'logical fallacy' to validate my point?
i simply stated a fact:
there are many non-white people involved with politics in the uk

and related it to my personal experience:
my mayor is asian for example

Ok, let me put it this way.
You personal experience is not representative enough to be able to give such a statement.

Let's say i'd know someone who's called Peter and he'd be a total ass.
I would still not be able to say all/many peters are asses.
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

yes but my personal experience is similar to that of many millions of londoners (as wel as many more millions around the uk). this gives it relevance.

i have heard of lots of non-white people from tv and news. i stand by my statement.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

i always get this quote ringing in my ears whenever i read any of liquids posts:

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@uro,

mate, how did Morpheus put it to Neo in the matrix when Neo inquires about the rest of the people still hooked up to the matrix...ah yes, now i remember...

"Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

sighs*

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
urogard
Forum Elder

But you have no way of knowing how inert someone is unless you try pushing him.

I therefore try to push as many people as possible.
Those who are inert, will remain so and be locked in their own matrix.
Those who have doubts, will start listening more and follow others.
Those who are ready, will start walking their own paths.
Those who are already walking, will change the world.

;)

I encompass two types of people, practical lazy person and realistic optimist. I have much fun combining those two together :P
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

very true.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

yes entirely true apart from the false stuff. . .which is to say all of it. . .

[KMA]Avenger wrote:i always get this quote ringing in my ears whenever i read any of liquids posts:

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

congratulations on quoteing someone elses words, which do not even relate to my posts. inspired much?

urogard wrote:But you have no way of knowing how inert someone is unless you try pushing him.

I therefore try to push as many people as possible.
Those who are inert, will remain so and be locked in their own matrix.
Those who have doubts, will start listening more and follow others.
Those who are ready, will start walking their own paths.
Those who are already walking, will change the world.

this is the debate section or bad attempt at poetry section?

im not inert. but you two are helium. and im sure 'Those who have doubts, will start listening more and follow others.' your an expert at following others right. these, after all, are not original ideas. you aquired them by listening to sources of questionable reliability.

why is it that there have been no posts linking to credible sources of information? youtube does not count. any idiot can make a bs film and put it there. it can provide no definite proof of any point (exception being material from trustworthy television sources)

you lads are believers in the unbelievable. you preach your foolish ideas and theories and back them up with facts of terrible reliability. thats a bad joke to me. ive been lectured as to the error of my ways lol repeatedly lol and lol its lol. nothing you tell me even resembles truth. non conformists are real cool believeing in unitard conspiracies aye 8)
urogard
Forum Elder

liquid i'm actually in none of those groups, there's one more at least i haven't mentioned

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”