loitering?

IcER
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

I personally welcome the loitering pages, as it can often double a person is out in the open with a lot of money. I have just recently had some very nicely paying attacks and I believe loitering could well have paid a part in my opportunism.

So you had better be fast, I'm prowling those attack pages ;)
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

forgive_me wrote:post repy for Salvo

i dont understand wath hapend to u...i trid the same proces 2 and worked perfecly for me....*confused*

programingly speking this cant hapen....only if the time wen u hit the training buton(form the bank) to the time u hit the upgread buton is longer than 1 minut...but this woud be fixed if the period of ideal alowed is enlarged....but this will make things just as they war befor.......

about the naq being out on the open...well lets be real...i wass on the open with a couple tents of mil for 5 min and nowan attackt me.....so the chanse is verry small to be attackd....it takes the attacker 3 pages to loat to attack u(the batelfield,your stas,the attack page,and then a bit time to write 15 turns and hit attack.....)....and even if u get the error u are faster then him...u need to load(bank with the result...training and hit upgread buton(get the error),and hit again.....so its echuel pages lodet and u have the advantege of having the time wen the attacker writes the turns.....so its quite imposible to chach someone who removes naq from the bank to upgread somenting.....i meen realy...war u ever attackd wen u had nothing on u and withdrow the naq and wanted to train....?

Absolute rubbish - Salvo's point is fair and just! yet again forgive_me cannot accept anyone else points if they are not particularly his/her point of view. You always jump to conclusions - i.e. saying Salvo used more than one browser. Why do you always have to argue against what people have said have happened - why would Salvo make it up??

To back Salvo up - the same thinghappened to me on the training page - at exactly the same time 15000 Naq (part of what I had just withdrawn to do training) just vanished. I checked my logs - nothing.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Moloch

Forum Wrote:so - my question to those who see this - what were you doing that you could not go to the page, deoposit/withdraw, and ... done. ?
if there is a problem i'll fix it, but i do not believe there is...

One thing that I used to do at the bank which is considered "hang out" like your script says forum, was to calculate how much money to take out of the bank.

For example, I would go to my alpha site see, that I would have lets say, 554 965$ in bank, and I would need a weapons upgrade and wanted the weapons priced at 167 800$. Now, since I pay to deposite money in, I do not want to take all my money out of the bank for :

1- risking of getting attack when trying to figure out how many men I could buy
2- taking all my money out to then have to redeposit the excess money in the bank, which would cost me like double the charges

So I go to the bank, calculate how much of that weapon/men I could buy with the amount I have in, then simply take out my maximum amount without any excess.

So for my example writen above, I would be able to purchase 3.3 of the top weapons, so I would only take out enough for 3 weapons for a total of 503 400$ the transaction to withdraw. So I can keep the rest in bank and then go directly to the Armory knowing exactly how many weapons I can buy with "fu#$ing around" and risking to be attacked .[/quote]
Last edited by Moloch on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

Wolf359 wrote:Absolute rubbish - Salvo's point is fair and just! yet again forgive_me cannot accept anyone else points if they are not particularly his/her point of view. You always jump to conclusions - i.e. saying Salvo used more than one browser. Why do you always have to argue against what people have said have happened - why would Salvo make it up??

To back Salvo up - the same thinghappened to me on the training page - at exactly the same time 15000 Naq (part of what I had just withdrawn to do training) just vanished. I checked my logs - nothing.

it seems u are the one disegreing and jumping to conclusions....do u even read wite i write...or just post to increase your post mumber?
forgive_me wrote:well u use multiple browser pages...dont u?
if yes than i must say that a onlline game is made for plaing in 1 browser page...the multiple thing is puting a lot of stres of the servers...that is way the erors on database pop up...that is i am not mustaking...Forum pls enliten me on that..:)

hope this clears everyting for u...;)

if u READ wath i sad it wass :
1) a question not a conclusion...
2) a posible explanation to wath coud have hapend....so next time pls dont jump to conclusions....a question IS NOT a conclusion...ok?
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

I try from 3 to 10 times to buy weapon, train troops...
The enemies have a great occasion to get my money...
Some have a low connection...
I haven't low but mine is not working all the times, sometimes 1 second to load, sometimes 4 minutes...loitering mod is bad...That's only to say about it :!: :!:
forgive me

Apophis The Great wrote:I try from 3 to 10 times to buy weapon, train troops...
The enemies have a great occasion to get my money...
Some have a low connection...
I haven't low but mine is not working all the times, sometimes 1 second to load, sometimes 4 minutes...loitering mod is bad...That's only to say about it :!: :!:
woud u prefer people to cheat?the modification wass made it a time wen server gowes hard ....but it had to be implemented to stop cheaters....its the only viable way to stop that chind of cheating.....a couple of more days and hopfuly the new server will be in place....as forum sad...speed will increese....:)
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

^^^^^^^was me....:D
Moloch

Apophis The Great wrote:I haven't low but mine is not working all the times, sometimes 1 second to load, sometimes 4 minutes...loitering mod is bad...That's only to say about it :!: :!:

I have to agree with you on that. I have been trying to train 30 attack soldiers for the past 35 minutes and that damn loitering script kept on pop-ing up.

When it takes minutes to load a page, we don't have only that to do, work on something else while it loads, browse something, sh|t, people might be spanking the monkey for all that I know.

When you remember that you were loading that page, or go back to that window, it's either still loading or loaded, so you input your amount desired and pow 10 minutes later, you get that loitering slap in the face and for a lot of people, you notice that you got naq stolen which really sucks when that happens.

That's my two cents.

does the server seem realy slow today or is it just me

Return to “Bugs Archive”