IM LEAVING SGW FOR GOOD!!

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

IM LEAVING SGW FOR GOOD!!

After a few years of being here.. I have finally decided it is time to move on.

I am married to a woman I love and we share a little girl I love just as much. I need to find my way and the only way I am going to do that is to do it somewhere else.

In march 2005, I was living in a white house with a girl and a newborn daughter. I spent a lot of time on here. Too much time! I was immersed in the politics of this game and my relationships in life began to suffer. Games are games; or so they should be! In this day in age though, games are more than a 2D cookie cut specter. Games are entire civilizations with their own laws and celebrities. With their own politicians and serfs. They have become a way for us to excape but for some of us they become a substitute for life and today I chose to live.

It came to pass and I left that woman in 06 for the last time. I still talk to my daughter Xoicha but she lives in Dallas TX and I in Fayetteville AR. I see her every summer and it has broken my heart in a way that I will never be able to repair. I am forever shattered. Something is always elusive.

No matter how much Resources I have here, how much covert I can muster I still have to accept the fact that what I have in life is more valuable than anything.

It's 2008 and I am still "ingame"

I got married and had another beautiful baby girl. Her name is Ava Adore. I named her after a Smashing Pumpkins song and she is my redemption. This is my chance to shine, to show a little being that she can have two healthy parents under one roof. I will have no one to vie with when it comes to the raising of my child. No ex to give my child a bad haircut I don't like, no ex to move away and decide which school she will attend without my imput, no ex to influence who my little girl will become lacking my constant support. This is my chance to be a father and stand right beside a mother. This is my LAST chance to have a functioning family.

I went to Tulsa Welding School and had a complete nervous breakdown. My wife moved back in February and it was tough trying to make life work alone without her. I left Tulsa in late July. We were fighting in a long distance marriage, I had become an alcoholic and a drug addict, and I was losing touch with reality. After seven rough months of fighting with my wife, In tulsa and on a telephone, I realized that I had to forfeit a dream for another. I had lost the battle of Tulsa and It was time to come back home to Arkansas

COINCIDENTIALLY, IN THAT SAME WHITE HOUSE..

So here I am, making the same mistakes!

My wife and I got into a fight tonight about this game. For the last two weeks I have been really involved with the Maelstrom alliance. My disability check was canceled three weeks ago and I have been searching for a job restlessly. In between the job hunt, I was on this game. Immersed here again! This place really sucks you in!! My wife has brought up the fact that I do spend a lot of time online and I need to put things in focus now before my marriage goes to crap..

I found a job today from ten at night to seven in the morning. It's going to be really tough to play this game anymore. My free time must be spent sleeping or with my two girls so after all this time, I have to admit that its time to go.

Thank you, oh community!!

I've been an anti social and a loner since the day I was born! Thank you for making me feel like a celebrity for a change! It meant the world to step out of myself and form alliances, to form "followings" of sorts.

At a time I felt like I held this game in the palm of my hand. I knew everyone, I knew every secret. That took a lot of time out of everyday to uphold that reputation, so it came with a price.

Maelstrom gave me something to fight for and If I chose to stay, I could have held this game in the palm of my hand again just like the good old days, but it's not worth the price Id have to pay today.

I AM GIVING MY ACCOUNT TO MY ONLY OFFICER. I'M SENDING MY LOGIN DETAILS AND BEGGING HIM TO ACCEPT. FROM THIS DAY FOREWARD. ID 9570 WILL NOT BE ME!! I"M ALSO GIVING MY FORUM ACCOUNT PASSWORD TO MY OFFICER, INCASE HE WANTS TO KEEP THE NAME THE SAME AND USE THIS SIGNATURE.

Goodbye friends, even enemies! You're all friends in my books!

Take care and enjoy life!

Travis-
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: IM LEAVING SGW FOR GOOD!!

i didnt know you but its a shame to see you go. i wish you well. good luck out there.
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Sabin le Rose
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Wyverning
Race: System Lord
ID: 1925678

Didn't know you, but good luck out there.
<3
Stargater580 wrote:Sabin, my favorite System Lord....
= System Lord Talk
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

:roll:

When will people learn....the quitting section..is for these post's. Not SGW general, not the spam section and not This and that. The QUITTING section! Thats its sole purpose. As 'special' as you might have been or think you are, or as involved in the game and its 'oh so grand' existence you may think you are, you are not. No one is, save Jason himself. Ergo....

WRONG SECTION!!!!!

On the other hand, good luck and farewell. All the best for the future for you and your family.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

You've made the right choice.

Just wish others would see the light like you have...

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Apadamek
Forum Expert
Alliance: Cloud HVE
ID: 1981768

dude....damn...that sucks, glad to see you're starting to get everything in order.

now, no matter how much his bedside manner sucks, Sempers right. Moved.
Image << Trader Feedback
Questions about the stock market, watches or betting on sports? Click the sig above!
tackless shadow
Forum Regular
Alliance: Urban Empire
Race: ....
ID: 1912354

sad to see a gamer leave hope your life works out for you

good luck
"Beware the fury of a patient man"
"Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much"
"im not what your used to im a lil cookoo"
"Let them hate, As long as they fear!"
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Good bye Travis, the AK times were good times, if you remember them. :)
I hope everything will be ok for you and that it will turn well in the future!
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
ID: 50147

goodbye dude,

hope everything works out and it seems you've made the right choice, you surrendered to RL!
nyah!! XD
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
*Adamix*
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: Archangel
ID: 32881

No one will keep playing this or any game forever. It's a question of time when we'll find a good enough reason to go. Games are only temporary solutions to what we seek.

Good luck, and may the sun shine a lot on you.

*Adamix*
˝Even if my collar bones crush and crumble, I will never slip and stumble˝
˝Knowledge is my power, information is my sword˝

Return to “Quitting....”