A trip beyond the stars.

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

A trip beyond the stars.

Hard to write this one, but i'll give it a go. Sorry if its not the best read ever. I never was one for words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the information appeared on the neural information vortex, RepliNorbe knew this was the time to act. The enemy was vulnerable and his RepliUnits were as strong as ever. Reaching out with his mind, he ordered them to begin for their long journey.

RepliNorbe looked on at his world. If this was to succeed they would need to take everything they had, including the mothership. Made from 60000 tonnes of the finest replicator material, it was a magnificent sight. Silver and blue, the very sight of it would spell instant annihilation for all who are technologically strong.

One by one millions of RepliUnits poured onto the the mothership. It truly was remarkable. As they secured themselves RepliNorbe informed them of the destination. The enemy galaxy was far away, but the prize was so big. The Goa'uld. The Tauri. The Asgard. The Tolan. The Ancients. Powerful races, all at war with each other. Already weakened, they stand no chance against the replicator army.

RepliNorbe takes his place on the command deck of the mothership. He walks up to the control console, pausing for just a moment to look out over his homeworld once more. Suddently without warning he slams his hand on the console, as if to enstill true fear into the hearts of his enemies and ignites the engines of the mothership. His fleets follow his lead and they slowly lift off into the dark regions of space.

As the mothership entered hyperspace things were normal. Time went past, although RepliNorbe was not watching the clock. As the mothership was approaching the edge of the galaxy something very strange happened, there was a flash of light and the engines stopped. Infact everything stopped. Propulsion, navagation, RepliNorbe had lost control. Gravity had also stopped. The mothership was slowly drifting into the void. RepliNorbe ordered the remaining fleets to search out help.

Time went by, it must have been years. RepliNorbe's energy reserves were slowly depleted by the harsh environment of the void. As his reserves dwindled down he reached out into the neural vortex to give his last order. His remaining forces, scattered and frail were to be united again in the worlds of the Tauri Alliance. From there they could continue to do as RepliNorbe wished, to bring a better universe for those who survived. With that done, RepliNorbe closed his eyes and allowed the inevitable to happen, his body froze with the ice of a thousand comets and his neural center ceased to function. Frozen in space, it was then that RepliNorbe finally died.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
SlimD
Forum Irregular
Race: Human

Re: A trip beyond the stars.

Ah, a sad day. A true diplomat and good mate lost :(

Love the RP posts - many times over my head (yeah I cannot wait for my mates to bite on that comment).

Good luck in RL - come on MSN once inawhile.. my remodel is almost finished :)

Cheers,
SlimD
Cheers,
SlimD - sniffing around the forums
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

:cry:
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
nomadicstruggler
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Corkonian
ID: 82950

"My Lord, Those replicators have the information we seek, we must follow them and retrieve it." cried the First Prime. "The knowledge they possess will unlock their technology and make you all-powerful"

The Goa'uld pondered this for a few moments. Pursuing the replicator fleet would jepardise the stability of the worlds he currently controlled. Obtaining the information however would expand the empire at much faster rate and allow him to crush his foes.

"Take a mothership" he mused. "Seek the fleet and the information we require. You shall be greatly rewarded for its return. However do not show yourself before thy God in failure for I shall not be pleased."

With that the First Prime of the System Lord Nomadicstruggler removed himself from the throne room of his God. With delight at the chance to raise himself highest among all Jaffa, he moved swiftly to gather his closest allies. They would return victorious should it take 1 or 100 years....
Serenity Tactical Fighting Unit!
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

An Oneil-like post norbe :P . I am very sad to see you leave but know that you had this planned for a long time. Enjoy you last year of school and do well. Keep in touch, you know where we will be.
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

Be back , i know you will

Spoiler
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

you where a truely great person to have had around, And i am now alone in the pompey fc way as well, which is a blow.

Freedom is a beautiful thing, enjoy it norbe, and good luck.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

To stay in the roleplay:

May you RepliNorbe rest in peace and may your soul get what it wants in its afterlife ;)

:smt022
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Return to “Quitting....”