Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Re: Rek.

myworld wrote:
Section 2: Warning Points
The standard penalty on the SGW forums is the giving of ‘warning points’.

If a user is given three warning points then the user will receive a two week ban. After receiving a third two week ban (nine warning points), the user will receive an indefinite ban.

Warning points are only valid for six months. After which time they will no longer count towards possible future bans. Two week bans stay on a user’s record for one year.

A user can only return from an indefinite ban after contacting the Ombudsperson and arranging a meeting with a forum admin at which the user will present their case for being unbanned. The user will also present two respected members of the community to vouch for the reinstatement.

the rules are there, what I do not know is how many bans Rek has had, whether or any of the bans are out of date, or whether or not any of the existing bans have already been over ruled and not removed

please give detials

Ohh he had 5 warnings a mod brought it to the team attention if he shouldnt have been or be banned for not recieving a ban when he was on third warning, i just checked third warning date and then ban log and no ban was issued so i issued the ban because as i thought we are holding a warning for 6 month to count towards a permban therefore a ban could come also because it werent given. But apparently a warning can be to old to issue a ban as the admins just ruled that and therefore the ban on REK cant be given and he is will be unbanned because the last warning was 1 month to old.

And therefore i will at the same time in here for REK to read give him my apolegy for giving you a BAN that i find not only fair but also logical at the time because we allow warnings to stay for 6 month but since this is the first time we encounter the issue it was made to not be so.

So REK i Apolegies for the BAN i gave you because I followed the rules we had and it never had happen before and therefor this is the first case on issues like this.

I hope you will accept my appolegy.

Nimras.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Re: Rek.

Ok, here is the ruling as handed down by the admins.

"when the warning was given the ban SHOULD have went into effect.

30 days later it SHOULD NOT have gone into effect.

If he had gotten another warning then yes it SHOULD have gone into effect if he had 3 warnings in the set time.

The bann is bogus under the conditions it was given but it was a deserved ban, just not deserved 30 days late.

Recomendation : Remove the bann, reinstate it on the next warning that = 3 in the correct time. IMEDIATELY, not 30 days later."

Bill

urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.

Return to “Case Archives”