Deleted / closed post on main forum

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Deleted / closed post on main forum

Clarkey wrote:42 seconds after Bill leaves the conversation DD finally says something.

Just thought i'd quote myself again in case people missed it, after all there are a lot of posts in this thread.....
Image ImageImageImage
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

so you wold actually dicide your own blame if it wold come to it in conjunction with admin.

Clarkey wrote:
Clarkey wrote:42 seconds after Bill leaves the conversation DD finally says something.

Just thought i'd quote myself again in case people missed it, after all there are a lot of posts in this thread.....

even if it was 1h , you need to be shure you get the ok from the correct person befor you do somthing.
Last edited by Draleg on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri

Draleg wrote:so you wold actually dicide your own blame if it wold come to it in conjunction with admin.

I've already put it before the admin. I've already looked this over and consider my call made.

If you have a different interpretation of the rules, that is also fine. But only the admins interpretation matters in this regard.
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Draleg
Forum Expert

you can not play judge and jury .

oh , one other thing , this admin , is it Jason were talking about ?
Evil bending Draleg
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Draleg wrote:you can not play judge and jury .

No, it is Robe, Buck, and Myself.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri

Draleg wrote:you can not play judge and jury .

No, jason leaves the forum to the forum admins.

Buck
Robe
Lore
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Draleg
Forum Expert

I have no problem with these ppl , i wil follow wat ever they dicide as i have yet to see bias from them.
Evil bending Draleg
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Draleg wrote:I have no problem with these ppl , i wil follow wat ever they dicide as i have yet to see bias from them.

TY for that.

I have DD on MSN now.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Draleg
Forum Expert

Clarkey wrote:Looks like I do have to be dragged in to this afterall. *sigh* I don't like being used. :(

Earlier tonight I was added to an MSN convo.
I have split the whole convo in to 3 screens so that it is all covered here.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Think of it what you may.

FIRST IMAGE:

Bill did all the talking on their side and not DD.
This conversation lasts for 2 minutes 47 seconds before Bill leaves.
Bill leaves the conversation at the end of that image once I have moved the thread to the dump.

SECOND IMAGE

42 seconds after Bill leaves the conversation DD finally says something.

I am not insinuating anything here, but as i said "THINK OF IT WHAT YOU MAY".

I see Clarkey asking DD if he wants the tread moved back , and i notis he is not telling DD that the post is not suted to be moved back cos its breaking a rule.
Is it posible Clarkey moved it to the dump cos Bill asked it and NOT cos it was a " war " tread .

Its clear Clarkey , the first mod to read the inicial post , did not think the post was in violation of the rules at that time , he was tricked in beleving DD wanted the post deleted by Bill , conduckt unbecoming from a ombudsman.
Evil bending Draleg
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Being completely honest here..... I did not read the thread.
So i wouldn't know what the thread was about... to be honest again... I didn't care what the thread was about and I probably wouldn't have read it anyway, because I don't care about it.

I was asked to get rid of it, the author of the thread was in the MSN convo even though he didn't say anything I assumed he wanted it moved to.

I just don't like the fact that DD didn't say a word on MSN until 42 seconds after Bill left....... bit suspect in my mind.
Image ImageImageImage
Draleg
Forum Expert

I understand Clarkey ,

tho i have had times i was afk and when i came back i see i was added into convo's , its not cos your in a convo you actually know your in one , therefor you only know the person it reading the convo if he reply's in it.
You know perfectly well you dont have to click a " accept to join convo " bttn , if someone adds you you automaticly inter the convo , presant or not.

You feel used , i wonder who you think used you , i think i know and i hope you do to.

As i already sayed , i'm sorry you got in the middle of this as i have no problem with wat you do for the forum , i only ask you dont sit there and let this go , you made a mistake , it happends to all of us , but it was made cos you did wat Bill asked , Bill on the other hand knew verry well wat he was doing , and the way he reacted once i stated i wold repost shows you he knew all to well he did wrong.
If Bill was a " normal " everyday forum member i wold not be so offended by it but he is not , he is the ombutsman and is supposed to set a example.
Evil bending Draleg
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Clarkey wrote:I just don't like the fact that DD didn't say a word on MSN until 42 seconds after Bill left....... bit suspect in my mind.

For the record, I had not said anything because I didn't know the conversation was going on. Try using Pidgin IM. It's hardwork at times.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Draleg wrote:I understand Clarkey ,

tho i have had times i was afk and when i came back i see i was added into convo's , its not cos your in a convo you actually know your in one , therefor you only know the person it reading the convo if he reply's in it.
You know perfectly well you dont have to click a " accept to join convo " bttn , if someone adds you you automaticly inter the convo , presant or not.

You feel used , i wonder who you think used you , i think i know and i hope you do to.

As i already sayed , i'm sorry you got in the middle of this as i have no problem with wat you do for the forum , i only ask you dont sit there and let this go , you made a mistake , it happends to all of us , but it was made cos you did wat Bill asked , Bill on the other hand knew verry well wat he was doing , and the way he reacted once i stated i wold repost shows you he knew all to well he did wrong.
If Bill was a " normal " everyday forum member i wold not be so offended by it but he is not , he is the ombutsman and is supposed to set a example.

Who do I feel used by? I don't actually know.
It's one of the two people involved but it comes down to their word against each other.
The guilty party will not admit it so what is the point. And yes I will sit here and let it go, because i'm sick of the crap that people throw around here just to get others in to trouble.

I don't know who is the guilty party in this incident. But to be honest I don't care. Whoever is the guilty party is seeking attention from the whole forum. let them seek attention if that makes them feel good.

For the record, i officially no longer Mod the 'General' section because no matter how much effort I put in to it to please people i'll get crap thrown in my face.

I'm almost walking out of the door on this forum and leaving this crap behind....
Image ImageImageImage
Draleg
Forum Expert

Clarkey wrote:I'm almost walking out of the door on this forum and leaving this crap behind....

It wold be the wrong person walking.
Evil bending Draleg
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Well after as full of a reveiw as I can manage, since some people were not overly co operative, I have drawn what I believe to be the correct conclusion to this matter.

What seems to have happened is DD posted publicly about a matter Bill assumed would be privately done. Bill asked DD to remove it (As to Bills reasons weather it was personal or forum based is not the issue), at first DD refused but Bill persisted. I have in my possession a screenshot in which I believe DD did in fact give Bill the authority to ask for its removal. Upon getting that athority Bill asked Clarkey to remove the thread.

DD then seemed to not want the thread moved and this mess followed shortly after.

Now points that need to be made and addressed.
1. The thread did breach standing forum rules, as such DD would have recived a warning if it had stayed. If it should have been dumped vs merged is arguable.

2. Other then being persistant to a DD as a person, not as the OMGWTHMAN, Bill in effect did nothing "wrong". It looks bad on his behalf yes, but an actual breach of forum rules or abuse of his powers, I do not see. Everything he did and asked for any forum user could have done. Did he use his friendship or forum relations with Clarkey to get what he wanted? It is possible, but its no different then any other forum user not in the administration having done the same.

3. Clarkey did nothing wrong either, only fault might have been not actually reading the thread, but honestly thats not necissary. Secondly he might have forced the author to speak, then again it was a judgement call. I personally find no fault in Clarkeys action.

4. DD is in and out of convos, seeming to want to help in one minute and quiet as a mouse in the next so this is the wild card to me. If you wish to dispute the screenshot I have then I ask you to do so directly with me. If its proven incorrect then matters will change, if not then I see this matter as closed.

If anyone feels they need to speak or bring more to the table then do so, but leave personal jabs or spam at the door. I'll leave this open a bit before closing it.

Anyone wishing to discuss it further feel free to PM me directly.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”