BREAKING NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - WTH!

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

BREAKING NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - WTH!

I figured I'd post this just because I have something important to say, it is so important it deserves an entire topic just to discuss!

A recent topic in the mod forum discussed the recent "bloom" of alliance-based announcements. SGW General has long been known to be the "black hole" of everything SGW, as everything pretty much ingame-related goes there. The current Announcements forum is only for forum based announcements. Would the forum benefit from an additional areas for alliance commanders to make "official" announcements?

This topic in no way reflects the views of the administrators or moderators of the forum blah blah blah and is just a personal interest of mine.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Re: BREAKING NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - WTH!

In my oppinion I think it would not hurt to have a area where to announce the "bloom"of alliance related anouncements. This way people can keep up with the information ingame and notice knew allies/enemies/what ever they are in the persons eyes. It wouldnt hurt to see this but thats just my oppinion.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

DAMN IT, i don't want another place i have to check when i read the forum :P

General isn't that busy, honestly.
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
weilandsmith
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 1994771

ermm.... general has many subs under it. why not under the alliance/officer recruiting section.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

weilandsmith wrote:ermm.... general has many subs under it. why not under the alliance/officer recruiting section.

That's not under General.

I wouldn't object, and, as I have said before, I am in favour of such a resolution of what apparently is perceived as a problem.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I think some people are getting confused between "General" and "StarGateWars General".
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

King Clarkey wrote:I think some people are getting confused between "General" and "StarGateWars General".

I know I am.. getting confused that is. Not specifically between those two.. but in general. Pardon the pun.

But recruitment has been and stays (or so I was assured) under Misc, not General.
Twice
Forum Newbie
Alliance: INTERNATIONAL POSSE

i was confused as to why theres no BBQ here

meh

thanx for the fish
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

or....

as I so happily pointed out in the drunken ones topic...

you put all the alliance related things...like you are referring to, into the forum where they should be!

WAIT! WAIT! I mean...dont take it as too radical an idea, I know...it may be a difficult concept to grasp...but....

*shakes head to release the grasp of sarcasm*

look. The alliances announce something, maybe once a century. There were three maybe four before the server war, two since then. Possibly between five and eight a year, tops. Most players dont have the balls or the forum spirit to post such things in there.

Either leave it as it is, or read the description under the already designated alliance forum and use the 'move topic' function button. It is very often something is posted in general that does not belong there, but would fit into one of the already made areas of the SGW forums. You just need to slap the mods about a bit and get them to wake up and do their jobs.

good talk there kids.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:or....

you put all the alliance related things...like you are referring to, into the forum where they should be!

WAIT! WAIT! I mean...dont take it as too radical an idea, I know...it may be a difficult concept to grasp...but....

look. The alliances announce something, maybe once a century. There were three maybe four before the server war, two since then. Possibly between five and eight a year, tops. Most players dont have the balls or the forum spirit to post such things in there.

Either leave it as it is, or read the description under the already designated alliance forum and use the 'move topic' function button. It is very often something is posted in general that does not belong there, but would fit into one of the already made areas of the SGW forums. You just need to slap the mods about a bit and get them to wake up and do their jobs.

good talk there kids.

That's exactly what I said!

*points to quote in sig* :-D
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Wolf359 wrote:
Semper wrote:or....

good talk there kids.

That's exactly what I said!

*points to quote in sig* :-D

yeah! *gives wolf a high five*
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

:? i don't really think there is a need for a "whole" section so much as a sub section....
however if there is something really important people will just continue to post it in general as nobody apparently bothers to look at the sub sections...... case in point the temple of spam..... no sub catagories just some 30 or so pages of fun.....

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”