39%
I dont like it & I will just post to put my name to say I didnt like it
12%

Total votes: 41
Dizzy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Re: Server War/Empire/Alliance War "Victory" suggestion

Something else to add to this (i have no ideas about a trigger system for wars).

It might be worth adding in something about stats in the points system to ensure that people dont just play with the bare minimum, and have to use more resources to war.

My thought is have 2 definitive points during the day where a minimum alliance-wide level defense lvl that has to be reached, otherwise the alliance loses points. Eg, 8:15am and 8:15pm server time (not on turn change)

The defense level would need to be calculated on total army size of the alliance. I'm thinking total army size multiplied by 2000. So, if an alliance had 650mil total army, then the alliance as a whole would need to reach an alliance-wide def of 1.3tril. This bit might be a bit tricky to code/manage, but accounts that are either on PPT or have been off PPT for less than one hours count towards the army size of the alliance, but their defense does not count towards the total for the alliance. This is to stop people abusing these points.

If they are under that level, then they lose 1 surrender point. If their total def is twice that number, then they gain 3 (or even 5) surrender points - greater risk should result in a greater reward.

This means that both sides would aim to get as many people online as possible during the lead up to the calculation point, and would require greater co-ordination of people, resources etc.

Selling def weapons after the calculation point could happen, but it would cost a lot. An alliance of 650mil would need to buy and sell at least 7.6mil def weapons (assuming they are all LG+1) for each calculation point (4.5tril for the alliance twice a day). But if they did that they would risk losing the UU trained in to supers.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Server War/Empire/Alliance War "Victory" suggestion

Dizzy wrote:Something else to add to this (i have no ideas about a trigger system for wars).

It might be worth adding in something about stats in the points system to ensure that people dont just play with the bare minimum, and have to use more resources to war.

My thought is have 2 definitive points during the day where a minimum alliance-wide level defense lvl that has to be reached, otherwise the alliance loses points. Eg, 8:15am and 8:15pm server time (not on turn change)

The defense level would need to be calculated on total army size of the alliance. I'm thinking total army size multiplied by 2000. So, if an alliance had 650mil total army, then the alliance as a whole would need to reach an alliance-wide def of 1.3tril. This bit might be a bit tricky to code/manage, but accounts that are either on PPT or have been off PPT for less than one hours count towards the army size of the alliance, but their defense does not count towards the total for the alliance. This is to stop people abusing these points.

If they are under that level, then they lose 1 surrender point. If their total def is twice that number, then they gain 3 (or even 5) surrender points - greater risk should result in a greater reward.

This means that both sides would aim to get as many people online as possible during the lead up to the calculation point, and would require greater co-ordination of people, resources etc.

Selling def weapons after the calculation point could happen, but it would cost a lot. An alliance of 650mil would need to buy and sell at least 7.6mil def weapons (assuming they are all LG+1) for each calculation point (4.5tril for the alliance twice a day). But if they did that they would risk losing the UU trained in to supers.

Totally a bad and abuseable idea. A small 5 man alliance of 10 mill men each launches an attack against a 10 man army at 100 mill each. The larger alliance has to maintain a def 20 time grater then the smaller attacker. This is not fair in the least. Escpecially when the smaller alliance doesnt care about winning or losing, just doing as much damage as possible.

Far to exploitable and abuseable. If their is a forced Defense it should be the same for all.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”