Increase the costs of nox and critical

Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Increase the costs of nox and critical

50-100turns to change anyone?
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Increase the costs of nox and critical

pointless?

wont change anything. AT are unlimited so all your hurting is the few smaller accounts who actually need it.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Chronus
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

what would be the point? Nox is pretty useless and it doesn't make sense to make changing your realm alert level expensive.
Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

maybe make it lower your UP for same percent as it lowers your income?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Horus God Of Light wrote:maybe make it lower your UP for same percent as it lowers your income?

Again, will only hurt the smaller players as larger one have the income to buy UU. War mongers will raid more UU.

Its an idea, but I think it will just hurt the wrong group. Warmongers, massers, and massive incomes wont be slowed down a bit.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

Lore wrote:
Horus God Of Light wrote:maybe make it lower your UP for same percent as it lowers your income?

Again, will only hurt the smaller players as larger one have the income to buy UU. War mongers will raid more UU.

tbh small players in 99% cases dont have high UP, so it wont really hurt them that much, while bigger players with bigger UP will lose like 200k+ uus per day that way, now make it few days and they lose few millions, which agree or not will hurt them. also considering "big" players are over buy cap, some even over raid cap, UP is their only way to increase army size.

Anyway, it would be more important if admin finally fixed massing system, as massing with 1AT is REALLY STUPID...
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

BINGO its not the nox system thats broken its the 1 AT massing crap that needs to go, remove that, sorry fix that bug.

Being on nox already removes like 70% income or something like that, when used with realm alert.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Tekki
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:Its an idea, but I think it will just hurt the wrong group. Warmongers, massers, and massive incomes wont be slowed down a bit.

Lore to be fair, nothing much will slow down those groups anyway. ... except something that is too vile to suggest :P

I think perhaps though a reconsideration of the sheer damage - in defender terms - that the 1 at attack does would be better. Nox and critical are nothing more than an annoyance atm but one that you can get around if you are patient.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
grimgor
Forum Irregular
ID: 28599

bad idea

cause some times i put my account on high and nox

so it will cost me 300 attack turns just to put it on crit nox
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:
Lore wrote:Its an idea, but I think it will just hurt the wrong group. Warmongers, massers, and massive incomes wont be slowed down a bit.

Lore to be fair, nothing much will slow down those groups anyway. ... except something that is too vile to suggest :P

I think perhaps though a reconsideration of the sheer damage - in defender terms - that the 1 at attack does would be better. Nox and critical are nothing more than an annoyance atm but one that you can get around if you are patient.

My point wasnt "trying to effect warmongers,massers, and massive incomes", it was to NOT needlessly and adversely effect everyone else.
Reason, youll get dead.
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
ID: 50147

It will only hurt the little guys, if they allow it to.

If they make 1b/turn they don't need crit or nox. If they make 30b/turn I think they can afford it.

Also, hurting 10% of a 20k UP is 2k, or 600k or 60k.

The little guys in essence are so small its not cost effective for them to nox in the first place
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Mystake wrote:It will only hurt the little guys, if they allow it to.

If they make 1b/turn they don't need crit or nox. If they make 30b/turn I think they can afford it.

Also, hurting 10% of a 20k UP is 2k, or 600k or 60k.

The little guys in essence are so small its not cost effective for them to nox in the first place

I tend to disagree. I encourage, and know several players who use crit/nox as a means to control their incomes overnight and when they know they will be away, school, work, social engagement. Increasing the cost will adversely effect them as it will either cost them more then they are presently losing, or get them massed more often if they decide to not use it to control their income.
Reason, youll get dead.
Chronus
Forum Intermediate

I don't think that is a good idea either.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”