ppt after massings

sddooley@hotmail.com
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Special Forces
ID: 0

ppt after massings

just an idea..to make it less annoying.... when logging into to see you have been massed.

how bout making a cooling off period...say 12 hrs.....before one can go on ppt after attacking another account.

This would allow for retaliation and might make people consider the consequences b4 massing someone...

As it stands at the moment i could mass someone and go on ppt straight after. Making it impossible for my enemy to retaliate for 48hrs...
this seems to me to be out of character of any war ive heard of ?????
Tekki
Forum Addict

Re: ppt after massings

Oh come on!

I know we live in an instant gratification society but can't you wait 48 hours before massing someone if they've massed you?

Where is the patience, the cunning and the consideration going with this game? It's all 'Oh I've been massed, I wanna mass back. Gah they are on PPT'

Don't tell me in the 48 hours they are on PPT you FORGET about being massed hence won't mass them at the end of it? Learn some patience then mass them. Better yet, wait a few months - then mass them. MUCH more satisfying.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
grimgor
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 28599

all so you would not be able to code this
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I have to agree with Tekki. It is a fair and valid tactic. Not only that but it honestly doesnt matter because if you make it take 12 hrs they will simple untrain and sell off and you still get no satisfaction.

The 48 hr ppt allows you to rebuild and be prepared to mass in return. Waiting till they have more to mass is much funner anyway. Copy the mass and send it to him when you mass him in return.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Shandrock wrote:just an idea..to make it less annoying.... when logging into to see you have been massed.

how bout making a cooling off period...say 12 hrs.....before one can go on ppt after attacking another account.

This would allow for retaliation and might make people consider the consequences b4 massing someone...

As it stands at the moment i could mass someone and go on ppt straight after. Making it impossible for my enemy to retaliate for 48hrs...
this seems to me to be out of character of any war ive heard of ?????

Mate, 48hrs is nothing, usually it's a good thing because it gives you that time to rebuild and plan your retaliation and not just rush in to it with your size 15's and mess it up.

Plus if you wait a little you can do a surprise retaliation when they least expect it.
Patience is a virtue!
Image ImageImageImage
sddooley@hotmail.com
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Special Forces

All valid points...just thought it would make the game more interesting is all....

Dont get me wrong...im a patient sort... with a long memory ( and personal log ) hehe :lol:
Nobody101
Fledgling Forumer
Race: guess???

Ummm you all say 48 hours is nothing and your right it is, as that's the minimum, how about you look at the max of 8 days waiting???? I think that changing it is a bad idea but none of you have actually thought that ppts strung together add up to alot more then 48 hours. You were all so intent on bashing shandrok about being impatient that this point was left out.
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

This is a valid tactic which is used by those who are weaker then there opponent, cough CHOAM.

Anyway, to re-iterate what has been said, take the id and wait.

Then when they are out of a war :wink: and have a defence then mass them.

One player I had to wait 9 months for him to have some tasty defence then he was massed. It felt sooooooooooo good.

Use the anger from the massing to build hate, let them think they have won and then destroy them in the future until they beg for mercy.

Hate is a wonderful thing and so much more using it in a game :lol:

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions Archive”