Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Attacking changes.

:?

I have generally 560 Naq in repair costs per hit (Goa'uld with 5 attack weapons).
Usually, I get around 10k when I hit an account with 11-12k in the open. That's 9k profit. Per hit.

As for leveling a defence? I leveled a 2.5k def with 650 strike power in 26 attacks. (Now I'll admit that the player was offline and such, still..) 26 * 15AT is pretty expensive.

I don't think you should look at massing/attacking as expensive in naq, but in AT. Then again, it's early, and I am making plenty mistakes in my reasoning. :)
Borek
Forum Addict

use 1 turn attacks next time, it's a lot cheaper. has been taking me 50-60 1 turn attacks to remove a defense, although nowadays i don't bother massing, sabbing is so much more amusing.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular
ID: 0

is much lost sabbing atm
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Borek
Forum Addict

Epyon {recruiting} wrote:is much lost sabbing atm
No spies are lost sabbing on a success. I have no failed yet so can't comment on what happens on fails :P

Sabbing also destroys a reasonable proportion of weapons, if they have just 1 weapon, you will remove it with a sab, although it will be interesting to see if that still applies to the bigger weapons if we ever get access to the stupid things.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

since im here ive lost one or two units attacking so far but it dosnt sem to show up in the logs so i think it may be a bug and im sure because my att dropped and i have a spare wep now and this isnt the first time.
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Richard_Destroyer
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: LG +1
ID: 60798

That is crap that is you sab you don't get any killed units that is a bug. I got smashed by it last night :(
ImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Another one of the things we were desperately trying to get resolved before the live release, sadly its still not fixed.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary
Origins Server Administrator

Made some changes to how much the defence alert level affects the amount of naq stolen.

http://origins.stargatewars.com/updates.php
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Reduced the effectivness of defence rate protecting your Naq during attacks from half to an eighth. (A 50 of 50 defence rate used to reduce the amount of naq stolen by 50 percent, this has been changed to 12.5 percent.

So what your saying is you reduced the amount of variance in the naq we take while farming?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary

Yes, prior to these changes. You would steal 75 to 100 percent of the defenders Naq. The amount stolen could then be reduced by up to 50 percent based on their defence alert level. So if the target had 100 naq, you would steal 75 from them, if their defence alert level was 50 of 50 that 75 would be reduced to 37.5. With the current changes that 75 naq would be reduced to 48.

Because of this extra reduction I'm going to consider increasing the base naq stolen by 5 or 10 percent.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

adminGary wrote:Yes, prior to these changes. You would steal 75 to 100 percent of the defenders Naq. The amount stolen could then be reduced by up to 50 percent based on their defence alert level. So if the target had 100 naq, you would steal 75 from them, if their defence alert level was 50 of 50 that 75 would be reduced to 37.5. With the current changes that 75 naq would be reduced to 48.

Because of this extra reduction I'm going to consider increasing the base naq stolen by 5 or 10 percent.

Woahhhhhhh???????

You said the defense alert level was tied only to naq production? So it is infact tied to how much you steal?

This will get intresting in live wars if you cant steal repair naq as fast as they spend it :lol:
Reason, youll get dead.
adminGary

Defence alert level is tied to both the income produced by the defenders defensive units, and how much naq that attacker can steal.
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

In other Words.
Man, stand Still. Don't attack. Don't sabb. Wait.

If U see them with 100k Naq Hit Them. If Not, It's NO use to Attack.
This is a war game? Or a Set and Rest Game?

Return to “Development and Suggestions”