Wild Idea!

Suggestions for changes, additions, or removals from Stargatewars: Origins
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

Wild Idea!

Right now to try and put this in terms that everyone will hopefully understand.
Well was thinking how do the majority of the attacks take place, going through the stargate right?
ok, so like we have seen in the films, an Iris, or a sheild could quite Easily be installed onto the stargate, to prevent attacks. Obviously if we did this in the game, what would be the point in playin as you would never be able to hit anyone as it would always be used.

But i was thinking, what if we had a two part attack system, meanin two different ways of attacking.
okie bare with me while i try and explain this.

Name: Space Assult:
Description: Send your fleets to the enermys home planet, and assult them from space and on land.

What would happen:
Your fleet takes 1 tick to reach the persons planet, limiting the use of this ability, 1 tick attacking, 1 tick returning.

Stage 1; Your Fleet arrives at the Enermys homeworld, a space assult happens, each side loses men and ships.

Stage 2; Your Fleet Lands on the planet, releasing the men that you have put upon the ships. The Troops if strong enough take all the Naq like they would in a normal attack, but also stay for 2 game minutes, and steal all Naquadah that the person aquires. (so ALL Naquadah that was stolen buy the assulted player within two minutes of tick change will be lost)

Stage 3; The Remaining men, board your ships and return home, celebrating their victory, on returning home with all the stolen Naquadah is put into your bank (or into the open if you dont have enough space)
----
How it would work, you have a addition tab, called fleet, you purchace each ship individually, each Ship can hold 25 men + weapons for them men.
----

When each ship is killed in space combat so do all the men aboard the vessel.

A tech tree could then be used to make your fleet stronger, Eg for goauld Alkesh Bombers, Death Gliders.. Making the Ship have different hangers, all upgradeable on each single ship. Thus if you lose the ship in combat u lose EVERYTHING on that particular ship. (so think of it as flying planets, you lose it and its gone)

il leave it at that for now,

/discuss
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: Wild Idea!

i think it is to complicated 1 att option is fine or me atm
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

yea it would take alot of time to add and implement, and the bugs for the thing would prob be massive.. but if it worked i think it would be a very popular thing.

gives the user, alot more to worry about, instead of just his defense.
buh the fact that he could be gettin assulted from space if hes fleet isnt strong enuff, spreads that naq out a little.

heres an example on the ship system

Ship cost: 100,000
Ship Unit Capacity (25)
Ship Armory (25)
Ship Weapons (50)

You can have as many ships as you want, and the Technology is the only way to upgrade them.

Ship Technologys:

Sheild Technology Level 1. Your ship receives 25% Health Bonus when placed on your ship
Sheild Technology Level 2. Your ship receives 50% Heath Bonus when places on your ship

Unit Capacity Upgrade Level 1
Unit Capacity Upgrade Level 2
Unit Capacity Upgrade Level 3
Each Unit Capacity gives you an extra 25 space, total of 100

Ship Armory Upgrade 1 2 and 3 again. Matching the amount of men onboard so they are all armed

Ship Weapon Capacity Upgrade Level 1.
Ship Weapon Capacity Upgrade Level 2.
Increases Weapon Capacity by 50 each level

Ship Weapon Power Upgrade 1
Ship Weapon Power Upgrade 2
Ship Weapon Power Upgrade 3
Increases your Weapon Strength 10% Each Upgrade

Hanger Bays Level 1
Hanger Bays Level 2
Hanger Bays Level 3
Hanger Bays Level 4
Hanger Bays Level 5
Each level grants the ship up to 100 ships, Eg. Alkelsh Bomber, Death Glider
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

sounds like a more complicated mothership tbh and i think origins is a bit divided whether they should be included atm
Epyon {recruiting} wrote:They Say You Should'nt Fear The Reaper, Thats True, But You Should Fear Me
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

i kno, but it wouldnt b used like how the original mothership is used in main, would have its own bonuses and award of having them, would be like a second army to have.

but like i said it was a wild idea, i had a strong feeling it would get burned n put down, but thought i mite as well try lol.

back to the thinking box
Epyon {recruiting}
Forum Regular

tbh i liked motherships but i dont think there weps were expensive enough to slow its growth but i liked the options it gave you in massings
Chong089
Fledgling Forumer

thats why i suggested these ones so they can b destroyed, so say if u poured all ur blood and sweat into one single ship and it was the strongest ship in the game purhaps, and it comes across 10 strong ships, their total power would be stronger than that single ship and would destroy it, and then you would need to make a new one..

alot of money would be spent making these, as they would be getting destroyed.
and lets say u upgraded the men space so you could hold 100 men on each ship and you send 10 ships out, all with 100 men on them, that 1k worth of men, if they come across a large fleet and the ships get destroyed you lose all the men that are on them as well as the weapons.

so it would be a high risk thing, but then you would need the rewards to be good, such as getting that 2minutes of farming naq off them, or maybe stealing weapons from the enermys armory, or kidnapping some of their civilians.

Return to “Development and Suggestions”