The Era of "Green"

Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

The Era of "Green"

How about an enviromentally concious Era called the "Era of Green" where there are regular assets and weapons, or alternative assets and weapons. By thinking of the wellfare of the universe and its massive energy requirements, your startup costs are always slightly higher, but the long-term benefits of any asset are better, compensating you for the long run!

You can choose to go "Green" by a declaration at the beginning of your play for the Era, and it opens a whole different set of Weaponry whereby the weapons may cost a little more up front, but due to their "Green" and energy saving nature are much cheaper to repair, and harder to mass/sab.

Instead of a regular Mothership you have a special "Green" MS that runs on space bio-diesel, and is more expensive to outfit, but much harder to deplete when attacked...

UP is a little more expensive up front, but by being Green, your total UP is slightly higher, or your income per turn is slightly higher...
Etc.

OK, I have brain-farted out of ideas now with this concept...

Well?? Thoughts?
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
ID: 0

Re: The Era of "Green"

Lol, its certainly a different way to head… why not make the “Green” MS shoot rays of hope and love, and is protected be its own Ozone layer which is in proportion to the amount of hippy’s smoking bud on your planet.

I do like nuclear volleys and energy shields powered by darkmatter drives or something like that better… that sounds a little less “Gay”

How about we can pay to upgrade the bank size similar to Origins??

thats the only real suggestion i've got to add to this thread! :P:P:P:P
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I like the sole concept of this suggestion - adding a new strategy, but c'mon, motherships on bio-diesel [and it's not like they polute the environment since they're in space and there's no air there so nothing to polute]?...Next thing you know we'll have barbie dolls instead of weapons in a war game :?

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

I like the basic idea as well.

Green Weapons cost more, but do no damage to your planet.
Normal weapons do dng to your planet, but are cheaper (and maybe stronger)

Over time the pollution builds and drains your income, and once it gets to a certain size you have to fix it or it kills off half your UU.. Good ol' ecological disasters :)
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

you gotta love them pwetty ecological disasters
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

Thank-you guys for humoring me... My wife and I were on a Margarita binge last night and this seemed really funny to me at first, but then again, doesn't everything on Tequila??? :smt078

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

Basic idea is very interesting and might be fun to play as well :)

S1eepy wrote:I like the basic idea as well.

Over time the pollution builds and drains your income, and once it gets to a certain size you have to fix it or it kills off half your UU.. Good ol' ecological disasters :)

I especially liked the whole eco disaster thing... might even be a way to make sniping less effective :-D
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

Apogryph wrote:Basic idea is very interesting and might be fun to play as well :)

S1eepy wrote:I like the basic idea as well.

I especially liked the whole eco disaster thing... might even be a way to make sniping less effective :-D

Hey, maybe Tequila inspired ideas DO have some merit??

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Forum Regular

alucard110 wrote:Lol, its certainly a different way to head… why not make the “Green” MS shoot rays of hope and love, and is protected be its own Ozone layer which is in proportion to the amount of hippy’s smoking bud on your planet.

I do like nuclear volleys and energy shields powered by darkmatter drives or something like that better… that sounds a little less “Gay”

How about we can pay to upgrade the bank size similar to Origins??

thats the only real suggestion i've got to add to this thread! :P:P:P:P

This post made me spit my drink all over my monitor but it was worth it.

lmao

:D
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

"Green" is the new bud... Baby

Maybe Hippy will share???

Instead of NAQ the "Green" selectees can farm hemp, and therefore get an automatic "happiness" multiplier, because if anything can make farming fun, it would be Hemp.

But "Greenies" get an appreciably slower attack delay because we ALL know that anyone who is that 'happy' farming hemp, can't attack their way out of a wet paper bag, much less Mass someone repeatedly. However, every so often, the delayed Attacks have a most unusual effect... (Brighter colors, whiter whites, blacker blacks, 10x multiplier of Attack force because some hemped up Attack Super-Soldier loaded way to much GD gun-powder into the rounds...)

Miners would be less effective also, because farming Hemp includes the cursory "sampling" of quality every so often, followed by sluggishness, and sloth, immediately then followed by the munchies which would sap resources from the entire army collective/commune.

Wait, am I still typing in the live Forum?? I thought I was zonkered eating Doritos. :shock:

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Forum Regular

LMAO :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats some superior posting. :D
ImageThe Slugman cometh.....
Spoiler
-.-
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
ID: 0

Affirmation wrote:"Green" is the new bud... Baby

Maybe Hippy will share???

Instead of NAQ the "Green" selectees can farm hemp, and therefore get an automatic "happiness" multiplier, because if anything can make farming fun, it would be Hemp.

But "Greenies" get an appreciably slower attack delay because we ALL know that anyone who is that 'happy' farming hemp, can't attack their way out of a wet paper bag, much less Mass someone repeatedly. However, every so often, the delayed Attacks have a most unusual effect... (Brighter colors, whiter whites, blacker blacks, 10x multiplier of Attack force because some hemped up Attack Super-Soldier loaded way to much GD gun-powder into the rounds...)

Miners would be less effective also, because farming Hemp includes the cursory "sampling" of quality every so often, followed by sluggishness, and sloth, immediately then followed by the munchies which would sap resources from the entire army collective/commune.

Wait, am I still typing in the live Forum?? I thought I was zonkered eating Doritos. :shock:

LOL, now thats an era i could sink my teeth into..
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

OK, forget the whole Era of Green, persay...

How about "The Era of Bud"

Or, the "Era of Hemp"... "Era of Psychedelic Space Drugs"

"Era of Super Space-LSD"???

"Era of Psychedelic Emmanuelle does LSD"?????
(Wow, OK, that last one was a strange stretch...) :lol:

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”