Why are admins saying low post count peeps have no vote

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Re: Why are admins saying low post count peeps have no vote

Robe wrote:I recognised several well known players with extremely low post counts.

That is why forum activity is a much more meaningful screening criteria than post count.

Also there are many players who regulary read forums but rarely post.

And u have the ability to judge whos active and whos not? So ur telling u know every player who posted in the topic?

*strolls off*
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Re: Rigged Ombudsman election

Norbe wrote:
GunZ wrote:I have been playing nearly four years and I am so disgusted with recent events ...unbanning obvious cheats because they '' contribute'' ... favoritism for certain individuals, unleashed partisanship in votes ...it is getting to be damned comical .

I'm sorry I have to reply to this GunZ. You and me both know that these "recent events" have been going on for years. A lot of people who get caught 'cheating' end up unbanned for various reasons. Remember when Jason found out that STI/Jake and CO were all logging into each others accounts, clearly breaking the rules and banned them? Then reversed that a week or so later? When that happened I didnt complain, because they are/were great players in their own right. Same reason that you shouldn't complain now. As the saying goes, what goes around comes around.

And as far as the ombudsman voting goes, it is hard for people to get high post counts on here. I've been very active on these forums for almost three years now, and I only have 400 odd posts. Most of my posts are in the market section and thus get deleted. A long time ago I actually had to go through spamming the entire forum for a couple of days to meet one of these stupid post count rules.

~Norbe.

Lol ohh the first part nothing new to that there is favouritisme by the admins both ingame and on these forums heck even from Gm, mods and the 2 previus ombudsman sadly as it is ohh well.

To move on to your last part i agree i dont get why Market is the only place where DELETING is allowed as we did at some point i even think its still there a place in "The Dump" (The Dump is where all post or topics goes as WE DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING) made just for Markets posts and topic not sure if its still there, but that was so we did not delete so people at least could keep some post and i think it should come back instead of saving time which they do as its faster to delete as they do remove far more a day than any other area i give them that, but still it cant be that bad so the little extra time it takes to move to that are would be a hassle. (all market mods are free to correct me on last part of the statement as i never modded there and could be wrong time wise and work wise).
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Norbe wrote:I'm sorry I have to reply to this GunZ. You and me both know that these "recent events" have been going on for years. A lot of people who get caught 'cheating' end up unbanned for various reasons. Remember when Jason found out that STI/Jake and CO were all logging into each others accounts, clearly breaking the rules and banned them? Then reversed that a week or so later? When that happened I didnt complain, because they are/were great players in their own right. Same reason that you shouldn't complain now. As the saying goes, what goes around comes around.

There's a massive difference between what you accuse STI of and what the others did. Unless you're actually claiming that logging into each others account(with permission) is a crime in RL?

But at Gunz: You need to get your facts straight and not go around throwing out accusations and generalizing the entire mod/admin team.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
GunZ
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Genesis
Race: System Lord your God
ID: 1902907

Jack wrote:But at Gunz: You need to get your facts straight and not go around throwing out accusations and generalizing the entire mod/admin team.

With all due respect, Jack ,you need to actually READ my post.

It STARTS :This is a message to JASON...

My frustration is with the management. I did NOT accuse any particular mod/ admin and I CERTAINLY did not '' generalize the entire admin/mod team'' . Fact is I have sent private messages to mods in the forum commending their efforts.

What I will not accept is your characterization of what I said or your attempt to infer what is not there. Nor will I accept your presumptions attitude to tell me what I ''need to do '' .That simply is not fair.

I broke a rule with my wording...and I have received a warning for that. I accept that as totally fair.I take that warning and accept it with no complaints. But I refused to be accused of saying something I did not say.

Sir ,I am fully entitled to my opinion. You can agree or disagree, that is your prerogative. Now you seem a good sort and it is not my attempt to insult you . However, please do not attempt to tell me what I said..., or to infer meaning that is not there.
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Field Marshall wrote:Trying to decide whether you are "GunZ the Protector" or "GunZ the Destroyer"...because however evil it is, the speed at which it's been done is unseen and brilliant! How on earth is a whole Empire scared of you :-"
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

I have twisted nothing, Gunz.

GunZ wrote:This is a message to JASON...

Get control of your mods/admins or those of us that support this game will bail ...I am damn close. I am sick and tired of the crap that is going on.

I have been playing nearly four years and I am so disgusted with recent events ...unbanning obvious cheats because they '' contribute'' ... favoritism for certain individuals, unleashed partisanship in votes ...it is getting to be damned comical .

If there is a need to get control of us(the mod/admin team) then that would mean we are out of control. You made no distinction about which mods or admins you were saying are "out of control" you merely said "mods/admins" thus meaning all, thus generalizing and accusing.
GunZ
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Genesis
Race: System Lord your God
ID: 1902907

Get control of your mods/admins or those of us that support this game will bail ...I am damn close. I am sick and tired of the crap that is going on..

I do not deny what was written. I 100 % meant every word of it. I simply take exception to your interpretation .
I know my point..if it escapes you I will be happy to elaborate in a private conversation.
GENESIS IS RECRUITING !
Field Marshall wrote:Trying to decide whether you are "GunZ the Protector" or "GunZ the Destroyer"...because however evil it is, the speed at which it's been done is unseen and brilliant! How on earth is a whole Empire scared of you :-"
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Nimras wrote:Lol ohh the first part nothing new to that there is favouritisme by the admins both ingame and on these forums heck even from Gm, mods and the 2 previus ombudsman sadly as it is ohh well.

To move on to your last part i agree i dont get why Market is the only place where DELETING is allowed as we did at some point i even think its still there a place in "The Dump" (The Dump is where all post or topics goes as WE DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING) made just for Markets posts and topic not sure if its still there, but that was so we did not delete so people at least could keep some post and i think it should come back instead of saving time which they do as its faster to delete as they do remove far more a day than any other area i give them that, but still it cant be that bad so the little extra time it takes to move to that are would be a hassle. (all market mods are free to correct me on last part of the statement as i never modded there and could be wrong time wise and work wise).

Old market threads have always ALWAYS been deleted, and it wasn't until just recently that they made the market dump.

As for them wanting to save a little time being a bad thing. You know damned well that the market mods have the most to do over every other section mod actions wise. Saving a "little bit of time" per mod action turns into a whole lot of time in the end.

Now why don't you stop talking out of your ass?

GunZ wrote:
Get control of your mods/admins or those of us that support this game will bail ...I am damn close. I am sick and tired of the crap that is going on..

I do not deny what was written. I 100 % meant every word of it. I simply take exception to your interpretation .
I know my point..if it escapes you I will be happy to elaborate in a private conversation.

If you would like to discuss this privately I'll be happy to oblige. You can PM me here or on MSN @ genjackoniel@aim.com
senjii
Forum Grunt
Race: TOKUGAWA
ID: 0

Me myself don't post all that much, but that is not because I don't check the forum every day. I just post in topics that I have some thing to say about. I am not the guy that bumps or just posts with crap. Now I am the first to say that we all have a right to say what we feel, but you cannot say that just because we don't post all of the time that our votes don't matter. Whether their is some cheating going on or whether some one is trying to start ruckus with lies I do not know. I believe that the mods will catch it if people are abusing the right to vote.
Time walks swiftly
silent is it's
Herald

Nimras
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:
Nimras wrote:Lol ohh the first part nothing new to that there is favouritisme by the admins both ingame and on these forums heck even from Gm, mods and the 2 previus ombudsman sadly as it is ohh well.

Old market threads have always ALWAYS been deleted, and it wasn't until just recently that they made the market dump.

As for them wanting to save a little time being a bad thing. You know damned well that the market mods have the most to do over every other section mod actions wise. Saving a "little bit of time" per mod action turns into a whole lot of time in the end.

Lol and what about your answer stops insulting people?? I pointed out the facts i never said i was right if you read my ending i actually says that MARKET MODS last i checked your not one of them was welcome to CORRECT ME if i was WRONG, not is that saying anything but me making it clear I COULD BE WRONG and therefore states its as that.

Jack stop behaving all powerfull and start behaving proberly will ya, now i will not take in count your answer as your NOT MARKET MOD so please next time answer accordenly to what i said and before I was fired as GM the Market Dump was there and used in some cases i know very well they always Deleted down there i even write it, I ALSO says i do not find it ok for the post count and in case of proof nothing else but the point alouded you i also go around saying the time as I think thats why BUT i also arent sure as I have not worked there. Now how many times do you need to read it before you SEE what i wrote and SAY before you answer making you look like a ASS your self ??
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Nimras wrote:
Jack wrote:

Lol and what about your answer stops insulting people?? I pointed out the facts i never said i was right if you read my ending i actually says that MARKET MODS last i checked your not one of them was welcome to CORRECT ME if i was WRONG, not is that saying anything but me making it clear I COULD BE WRONG and therefore states its as that.

Jack stop behaving all powerfull and start behaving proberly will ya, now i will not take in count your answer as your NOT MARKET MOD so please next time answer accordenly to what i said and before I was fired as GM the Market Dump was there and used in some cases i know very well they always Deleted down there i even write it, I ALSO says i do not find it ok for the post count and in case of proof nothing else but the point alouded you i also go around saying the time as I think thats why BUT i also arent sure as I have not worked there. Now how many times do you need to read it before you SEE what i wrote and SAY before you answer making you look like a ASS your self ??

FYI Nimras, Jack has been helping mod the market when the market was low on mods (there was only me at some point) ... Funnily enough you never did help out in your times as GM but now you plead that my market mods should take up more work upon them for no real good reason.

On a different note, I was the one that asked for a market dump to be established but the reasoning behind it was not thats post should not being deleted, but making it easier to find already dumped market posts as they got easily lost in the normal dump.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

senjii wrote: Me myself don't post all that much, but that is not because I don't check the forum every day. I just post in topics that I have some thing to say about. I am not the guy that bumps or just posts with crap. Now I am the first to say that we all have a right to say what we feel, but you cannot say that just because we don't post all of the time that our votes don't matter. Whether their is some cheating going on or whether some one is trying to start ruckus with lies I do not know. I believe that the mods will catch it if people are abusing the right to vote.

Agreed. They do have the right, not like we all have to come and spamm all over to get the right to vote. Or it is mandatory ?

GunZ wrote:

Could u then be more specific cause what u posted really means all mods/admins. They all can see it like u acuse them all.

Something i just saw, and why should Jason make them behaive ( if needed ) just when u need it ? Why dont u ask for it when it is needed for all and just when u dont like the result of a simple voting process ? Or what ever u here whinnin about ?

Geez.
:lol: ye sme and my cool spamm posts some might say :lol:
Nimras
Forum Addict

deni wrote:
Nimras wrote:
Jack wrote:

FYI Nimras, Jack has been helping mod the market when the market was low on mods (there was only me at some point) ... Funnily enough you never did help out in your times as GM but now you plead that my market mods should take up more work upon them for no real good reason.

On a different note, I was the one that asked for a market dump to be established but the reasoning behind it was not thats post should not being deleted, but making it easier to find already dumped market posts as they got easily lost in the normal dump.

I admit i never helped in Market but then again i had enough going on where i was but i also state i COULD be wrong Deni hence why i dont mind being corrected and beside Jack works everywhere also where he shouldnt in some cases but nvm that.

If you say that it will take more then i think the general mods who is in big strains atm who has enough as it is should start deleting as well?? Come on no i just think we shouldnt delete thats all but i also accept that you know more than on the market than me and will always accept if i am wrong when i speak of how i recall or saw it as i might not seen everything. Now that said yes give them more to do lol :P
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:
senjii wrote: Me myself don't post all that much, but that is not because I don't check the forum every day. I just post in topics that I have some thing to say about. I am not the guy that bumps or just posts with crap. Now I am the first to say that we all have a right to say what we feel, but you cannot say that just because we don't post all of the time that our votes don't matter. Whether their is some cheating going on or whether some one is trying to start ruckus with lies I do not know. I believe that the mods will catch it if people are abusing the right to vote.

Agreed. They do have the right, not like we all have to come and spamm all over to get the right to vote. Or it is mandatory ?

GunZ wrote:

Could u then be more specific cause what u posted really means all mods/admins. They all can see it like u acuse them all.

Something i just saw, and why should Jason make them behaive ( if needed ) just when u need it ? Why dont u ask for it when it is needed for all and just when u dont like the result of a simple voting process ? Or what ever u here whinnin about ?

Geez.
:lol: ye sme and my cool spamm posts some might say :lol:

PoD im not sober enough to respond to ur post right now but read guns his lasts posts again where he states hes 100% behind his statement and then try to come up with a decent counter argument
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Since the original topis is long dead, and this is running in circles, I'll close it.

If any good reason to reopen it can be found (and yes it has to pertain to the original topic) I'll reopen it.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”