get rid of covert capacity

supercow
Forum Newbie

Re: get rid of covert capacity

i also said "or at least make the limit higher".

"So you burn 100 covert turns, and then get bored out of your mind in 45 minutes?"

yea pretty much.

to lore, sure he can farm and make more than the big guy just off of each other to buy back weapons and whatnot, but how would the smaller one outgrow? generally, once big guys get to the limit, they invest in up with their massive incomes, way higher than a smaller player can get to easily. sure they can raid to technically outgrow, but a few million uu isn't going to make much of a difference if it is 300m vs 30m. assuming the 300m guy doesnt have 95% lifers, he can just untrain some miners to sit on the little guy. once the smaller one is out of trainable, hes out, which comes way sooner than the 300m regardless of the limit. plus the 300m can easily ac the 30m to dust so hes working blind.

now if its a bit closer, say 300m vs 200m, then i'd say throw armies out the window and the winner is the one who is more devoted, and at first the 200m probably would have the upper hand because of the limit but if the 300m keeps trucking, he'll last longer because of his army size.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

They can, because if the little guy take out say 30M army, and they are at 300M (10%) that guy HAS to raid to get it back. And if the buy guy say took out 15m of a 100m account (15%) the small guy, has he my farm list, could rebuy those losses in about 2 days. The bigger guy, would take far longer, and as they do rebuild, the little guy can just hit him again and again
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

The game is already too easy to play!! Way easier than it used to be, so I say that limits need to be kept. Not having limits means people do things willy-nilly, without putting any thought into it or using their resources wisely.

Does the limit need to be increased? I say no - used to only be 50 - not that long ago either really.

Make the game harder and force people to consider how they use their resources so that they do it more effectively. Would make for a more interesting game.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

True. LOL. Example: when I waged war upon TR, the only thing that kept me at that moment from completely destroying almost all of their members who weren't in Purg at that time, was the fact I ran out of covert capacity. LOL. It can be sick at times.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

supercow wrote:i also said "or at least make the limit higher".

"So you burn 100 covert turns, and then get bored out of your mind in 45 minutes?"

yea pretty much.

to lore, sure he can farm and make more than the big guy just off of each other to buy back weapons and whatnot, but how would the smaller one outgrow? generally, once big guys get to the limit, they invest in up with their massive incomes, way higher than a smaller player can get to easily. sure they can raid to technically outgrow, but a few million uu isn't going to make much of a difference if it is 300m vs 30m. assuming the 300m guy doesnt have 95% lifers, he can just untrain some miners to sit on the little guy. once the smaller one is out of trainable, hes out, which comes way sooner than the 300m regardless of the limit. plus the 300m can easily ac the 30m to dust so hes working blind.

now if its a bit closer, say 300m vs 200m, then i'd say throw armies out the window and the winner is the one who is more devoted, and at first the 200m probably would have the upper hand because of the limit but if the 300m keeps trucking, he'll last longer because of his army size.

if your worth your weight in a war you can farm over a trill a day easily. Add that to the UU yopu can raid in a day, 1 to 5 mill easily. So the little guy is looking at a 5 to 10 mill UP a day, where someone over the limit has nothing but their raw and planets.

You can only kill what someone gives you, so my point still stands, the smaller guy has massive advantages. As Q has proven, a good attack account can lose 2 mill men to kill 50 mill.

And if you get bored after 45 minutes, you really need to learn to actually war with someone.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Lore wrote:
if your worth your weight in a war you can farm over a trill a day easily.

I be doin' that off inactives, LMAO

:shock:

Thats my point, tho you generally make more off inactives as waring parties gear down their incomes and are farmed quickly, where inactives give you a bit more time.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”