the real problem

unseen1
Forum Irregular
ID: 50862
Location: Close to the Black hole drinking tea with black monster

Re: the real problem

ramen07 wrote:
I'm the one with a 58mill army :wink:

A bit smaller because I just ascended but eh, around the same. If it's a small player with just a big strike, sab his weapons. Or, build a defense. It's kinda how you keep your naq...

So basically what you are saying is that I spend like 20 trill of naq to have some sort of descent defence just for someone who has strike and only strike can kill of for 1 trill naq expense.So later I can go to war with him and bore him till he dies?
What is there to sab?People have large strikes with 1 mill attack weapons and they are not loosing anything even if I would sabb that away.

ramen07 wrote:@Semper- In circumstances where Jason would look at players' problems with updates, he would implement changes in the beta server, then bring them about in main if they "fix the problem". However, this is not the case. I seriously doubt that Jason would stand back and do nothing if he saw these; I assume that he doesn't read players' complaints. And since he won't be changing anything anytime soon because of his lack of reading these threads, it would be better to not complain at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for your suggested changes. I simply believe that if Jason won't look at them, there's no conceivable way that they will be implemented, therefore you're speaking (quite eloquently) to deaf ears.

And majority of those updates were peoples wishes.Few of those were from Jasons own thinking.If anything he listens too much to people who are to lazy to play and only want for their account to be self sustained.But all those wishes backfired at all those people back.And now we have what people wanted.
But that wont,cant and must not stop people to post their suggestions to try to fix the game but its Jason job to figure it out what updates would benefit the game the most.After all its his game and his bread.It will affect him the most not us.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

unseen1 wrote:
And majority of those updates were peoples wishes.Few of those were from Jasons own thinking.If anything he listens too much to people who are to lazy to play and only want for their account to be self sustained.But all those wishes backfired at all those people back.And now we have what people wanted.
But that wont,cant and must not stop people to post their suggestions to try to fix the game but its Jason job to figure it out what updates would benefit the game the most.After all its his game and his bread.It will affect him the most not us.

I have to disagree with you here somewhat. I do not feel "most" of these updates are players original ideas. Jason is responsible for more of them then you think. Sure some were born from player ideas, but they were jasons in the end. Most of the player ideas were in response to jasons updates that were to skewed and imballanced. MS techs, Planet defense adjustments, MS/fleet adjustments, Planitary defense platforms, ALL updates in response to a single update because the original was to unbalanced and shewed. So instead of removing 1 bad update, he added 5 or 6 more.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
unseen1
Forum Irregular
ID: 50862
Location: Close to the Black hole drinking tea with black monster

Lore wrote:I have to disagree with you here somewhat. I do not feel "most" of these updates are players original ideas. Jason is responsible for more of them then you think. Sure some were born from player ideas, but they were jasons in the end. Most of the player ideas were in response to jasons updates that were to skewed and imballanced. MS techs, Planet defense adjustments, MS/fleet adjustments, Planitary defense platforms, ALL updates in response to a single update because the original was to unbalanced and shewed. So instead of removing 1 bad update, he added 5 or 6 more.

I havent notice you response.
Not that Im defending Jason or anything but all updates I can remember coming from him were OK.Not popular but OK for the game.To be honest I dont remember them much,I should have take a look at them but Im to lazy to list them here now.
I think at one point he got scared for the game and started to listen to the people,hence beta server and those IRC meetings but that lead for only small group of people (usually big ones)to give only their points of view and enforced their suggestions(BLAHH and company was those bad "peoples" updates).Those suggestions how ever were aimed only for them and no one else were kept in mind.So we went from bad to worse.
People usually only suggest the things that they think it will help only them but they tend to forget that updates are made for all players not just the one who suggested it.Jason on the other hand is or was thinking of the game as a hole.
I only once attended admin meeting and had that one chance to talk to Jason and strangely enough we had like 5 minutes 1 on 1 talk without anyone bothering us.My suggestion was same as now,make planet killable(so people wont depended only from them)and make it so you can retake as many planets as you like in a day.He said he would like to do them more vulnerable but people disagree.So he again went middle way and made all those MS tech,platforms etc.He took something and add something...again from bad to worse.Not his doing but peoples wishes.
He should listen more to himself and not to worry what people will think or do about his updates.He is loosing far more players now then if few of those grumpy old ones would leave(which they did anyway) if he would enforce his own updates.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

On topic, change is nessesary, how many people would keep playing a game, that would be the same 1 year later, just more stats? It's like those soaps on TV ( sorry if you like those :P )you watch 1 ep, come back 3-4 months later, and hey look, same story, same roles played by different characters. Useless. A game that updates (with good updates) stays alive (for the most part)

Return to “Suggestions Archive”