When Descending Someone

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

When Descending Someone

This technically would be for the ascended server i guess, but as ideas dont ever get read in the ascended part of the forum, im a post it here for all to see,

I was talking with a friend in work, who plays SGW, and we got talking about descending someone, and we all see the war's etc going on, and how people brag they cannot be descended, then suddenly they are, well.

Instead of main saying,

*player name*
Living God of the Descended *race name*

It should say

*player name*
Descended by *player name*

For ultra bragging rights......

If you wanted to add a reallllllll twist to it, if you descend someone you should get 25-50% of the naq from there vault directly into your vault, for the victory.

This would sure as hell make people perk up and pay attention in ascended.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Archon
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: When Descending Someone

Nice
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I'd have to say thats an intresting idea, and I rather like it :) ,,,,,,,

But :?

I can see many of the arguements that will be used against the idea. The first being that many dont want to play ascended either because of time, lack of intrest, or lack of attention/bad management from admin,,,, either way this will "force" them to play more. Many would rather not play ascended at all and wouldnt if admin put in a way for unascended/non ascended accounts to compete.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lord Blackhole
Forum Intermediate
ID: 101050

If you wanted to add a reallllllll twist to it, if you descend someone you should get 25-50% of the naq from there vault directly into your vault, for the victory.

What's there to stop you picking on accounts that could be decended in 1 hit just for the naq in main?
ImageImage
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

Blackhole wrote:What's there to stop you picking on accounts that could be decended in 1 hit just for the naq in main?

People descend accounts just for the fun of it anyway. I'm sure the accounts with a sizable amount of naq would be diligent enough to stop a descention attempt, even if they don't play ascended for real.

At 396 turns minimum, which you could argue is probably the most expensive item on the ascended grocery shelf, you should be entitled to something for your efforts, rather than just a +1 in the kills column. I know your opponent loses their bonuses, but it would be nice to have something positive for yourself.

GeneralChaos wrote:It should say

*player name*
Descended by *player name*

Ascended name or main name?

Or maybe you can have a "honour roll" of sorts up on your ascended page listing all accounts descended by you.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Blackhole wrote:

What's there to stop you picking on accounts that could be decended in 1 hit just for the naq in main?

Like it has been stated, no account can be descended in 1 hit, so thats that sorted.

Not only does it take a min of 396 turns, it also takes 9 hours minimum, if someone goes to that dedication then they should be rewarded no.....

@Inside Trader

I meant there name in Main should be changed to, Descended by *playername*
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

That is a brilliant idea. :lol: Sure would make things more interesting. ;)

It definitely would make the question "ascend or not" an issue that takes more consideration. :-D
Yes, I love this idea. Even if it forces me to pay attention.. good one, GC.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:I meant there name in Main should be changed to, Descended by *playername*

So if General Chaos knocked me out, in main I would be listed as

User Stats
Name: ~Lore~
Gemini
[ THE DARK DOMINIUM - Mystic]
Deascended by "General Chaos"
Plane: Normal Reality
Commander: ~Lore~
Race: System Lord

and @ Universe,,,, there is no choice if you want to play for any other reason then to sell naq and UU. Unascended accounts can not compete. 1 or 2 attacks sure maybe, but a war or a grudge match would be a slaughter.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
~Insider Trader~
Forum Irregular

Lore wrote:So if General Chaos knocked me out, in main I would be listed as

User Stats
Gemini
Deascended by *********

What I meant was is the ********* the ascended name or the main name of the person who descends you. Because some people have different names etc, it may end up being side-step of god-questing. It doesn't concern me, but some accounts want to remain hidden, hard as that is these days.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

~Insider Trader~ wrote:
Lore wrote:So if General Chaos knocked me out, in main I would be listed as

User Stats
Gemini
Deascended by *********

What I meant was is the ********* the ascended name or the main name of the person who descends you. Because some people have different names etc, it may end up being side-step of god-questing. It doesn't concern me, but some accounts want to remain hidden, hard as that is these days.

since its in main, I'd say main name on both but you have a point in what your asking.
Reason, youll get dead.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

It would use your Main name, the game knows who you are from ascended, so it would just put your main name in there.

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

Isn't there somewhere i read that if you descend yourself to a diamon, and then go to a normal race, and ascend, that you have no ascended account anyway, until you let admin know you want it reinstated?

Though the general idea is a good one. Add the whom descended you next to the pretty red writing you get when playing for > 3 years
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sarevok wrote:Isn't there somewhere i read that if you descend yourself to a diamon, and then go to a normal race, and ascend, that you have no ascended account anyway, until you let admin know you want it reinstated?

Though the general idea is a good one. Add the whom descended you next to the pretty red writing you get when playing for > 3 years

That is incorrect.

You Can deascend yourself. losing access to your ascended account
You Can change race to a normal race to start recieving G&R
You can ascend again
BUT
when you do you get you ascended account back just like when you ascended the first time.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster

And if you have >1000 G&R when a diamon, can't you reascend, and not have it? (I could be wrong Lore, you know more then i would :) )

Return to “Suggestions Archive”