Attack bug - Small strick vs deverstating damage

daveb1973
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Attack bug - Small strick vs deverstating damage

I've just farmed Jack for 111Mil and with my strike of 112,045 at the time I got deverstating damage but still got the naq. This has got to be a bug?

Attack log below:

As with all battles, this one has been recorded in your WorldShip's conscience. This is the official report of the battle:

At the cost of 12 attack turns the WorldShip zod1973 approched Jack Oneil
The WorldShip zod1973's weapon loadout:

49 Plasma Pulse Cannon

Defences in place:

Opposite this, was the WorldShip Jack Oneil

The WorldShip Jack Oneil's weapon loadout:

1 Tachyon Pulse Cannon

With defences:

These two mighty WorldShips begin to engage.

The weapons of WorldShip zod1973 fire, inflicting 103,837 firepower on Jack Oneil!
Jack Oneil meets this with shield resistance of 304

It was confirmed that despite the shields on the WorldShip Jack Oneil that:
0 of Jack Oneil's shields were destroyed
0 of Jack Oneil's weapons were destroyed
0 of Jack Oneil'sSensors were destroyed
0 of Jack Oneil's Scanners were destroyed
You are sure that the difference in firepower compared to shields, as well as the raw strength of that firepower, dictate the damage you can do. You also think that there is a maximum percent of a worldship that can be destroyed at any one time, but that matter is one best considered at another time....

Jack Oneil fought back with all they could, and managed to generate
7**,*** offensive firepower towards the WorldShip zod1973!
This is met by with shield strength of 330
They managed to destroy:
0 weapons,
0 shields,
0 Sensors and
0 Scanners on the WorldShip zod1973.

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...

Offense:
No weapons to report on. hmm...
Defense:
No weapons to report on. hmm...
You also note that 0 weapons, and 0 shields are simply gone. You wonder what they were....

The forces of zod1973 conquered those of Jack Oneil
The forces of Jack Oneil open a wormhole and flee from the battle! If they had faces one could have seen glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering the scrap that was left behind by the WorldShip Jack Oneil, it is recorded that
a total of 111,346,984 Naquadah was taken and traded from the parts of the WorldShip Jack Oneil
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Attack bug - Small strick vs deverstating damage

The weapons of WorldShip zod1973 fire, inflicting 103,837 firepower on Jack Oneil!

I fail to see the devastating part.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
daveb1973
Forum Grunt

Should have added this..

06:31 Jack Oneil 111,346,984 Naquadah Gained 12 0 0 103,837 A Huge Amount details
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

Yes. He's attack was far higher than your defense but that has nothing to do with defending the naq. As long as your strike is higher than his defense you get it.

Attack log shows that as devastating for some reason, that's the only bug I can see.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Well I don't get it, I thought it was supposed to be that weapons are the ones that defend your realm while sheilds only defend your weapons from destruction?
Also when I attacked zod back my sheilds were far greater than his weapons and sheilds and still they were destroyed?

Battle Report wrote:As with all battles, this one has been recorded in your WorldShip's conscience. This is the official report of the battle:

At the cost of 12 attack turns the WorldShip Jack Oneil approched zod1973
The WorldShip Jack Oneil's weapon loadout:

1 Tachyon Pulse Cannon

Defences in place:

1 Tachyon Shield

Opposite this, was the WorldShip zod1973

The WorldShip zod1973's weapon loadout:

xx Plasma Pulse Cannon

With defences:

These two mighty WorldShips begin to engage.

The weapons of WorldShip Jack Oneil fire, inflicting 778,457 firepower on zod1973!
zod1973 meets this with shield resistance of 1

It was confirmed that despite the shields on the WorldShip zod1973 that:
0 of zod1973's shields were destroyed
2 of zod1973's weapons were destroyed
0 of zod1973'sSensors were destroyed
0 of zod1973's Scanners were destroyed
You are sure that the difference in firepower compared to shields, as well as the raw strength of that firepower, dictate the damage you can do. You also think that there is a maximum percent of a worldship that can be destroyed at any one time, but that matter is one best considered at another time....

zod1973 fought back with all they could, and managed to generate
100,340 offensive firepower towards the WorldShip Jack Oneil!
This is met by with shield strength of 850,320
They managed to destroy:
0 weapons,
1 shields,
0 Sensors and
0 Scanners on the WorldShip Jack Oneil.

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...

Offense:
Your Tachyon Pulse Cannon went from strength 786,000 to 782,353 (now 782353/786000 and 0 percent damaged)

Defense:
Your Tachyon Shield went from strength 850,000 to 0 (now 0/850000 and 100 percent damaged)

You also note that 0 weapons, and 1 shields are simply gone. You wonder what they were....

The forces of Jack Oneil burninated those of zod1973
The forces of zod1973 open a wormhole and flee from the battle! If they had faces one could have seen glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering the scrap that was left behind by the WorldShip zod1973, it is recorded that
a total of 209,398 Naquadah was taken and traded from the parts of the WorldShip zod1973

Many wonder if zod1973 will consider retaliation, but - when force meets force - there will have to be some changes in the preparedness of zod1973 before such a feat should wisely be considered!

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.

i already posted this bug somewhere else : (
jason just has to fix the "damage dealt to you" to be 304 or whatever amount, then everything should work
but you get the naq, and you deserved it due to your strike...

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok i see 2 issues here.
1) when your one weapon is destroyed, it says it is, then also says it went from strength xxx to zero. seems redundant.
2) the fact that you have one weapon, and it is destroyed. i fixed this - round down, not up, now.

also - to win, your attack needs to beat their shields....this gives you time to collect the scraps. the fact they are firing on you at the same time, no matter what strength, just damages you....does not affect win or not. but winning can get expensive if you have no defences on your ship :)
Don't make me use this!!!

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”