Planet defences

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Planet defences

Just a suggestion, which I'm pretty sure people won't like but i would like to here Admins response. Now that the planet defenses have been capped to 1M, should not the doubling of defense costs be removed? Now, i know people will say that fleets are always going up in hanger costs, however, so do planet defenses with relation to size (which, similar to fleets, number of hangers goes up, so does the prices. Planet sizes go up, so do the defense costs)
Perhaps more intermediate steps? Instead of just tiny -> mind blowing, add more levels, or, instead add ones above the current(use simplistic names, like mind blowing mac2), and reduce the amount allowed per level, but leave those that exist intact. This, could in effect mean, both planet defenses and hanger costs increase(noting that you only need 15% of planet defense power to damage, which is 40% of the numbers [4 hangers = 10 defenses])
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: Planet defences

Planets were meant to be a temporary boost. Not perminent (or so I believe, cannot remember Jason's quote a while back).

I'm going with no, and don't make me say why. *Coughs in the direction of Saverok* :P
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Keep your dam germs to yourself :P

Edit: Wasn't saying make them un-takeable, but if fleet costs suddenly double when you went over 150k, would you be happy with that?
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

Well if the admin has put it there, admin's put it there for a reason (Which is probably to make people buy SS/USS for MPDSD)...

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
Sarevok
Forum Addict

It's been around since before the introduction of MPDSD. So doubt it
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Only thing is, should someone (i think someone has) reach 400k fleets, that's all they'll even need. You only need 400k to take a planet, no matter it's defensive capabilities. Yes, a platform will add to that, however, you'll still cause damage, and that would only cover 3 planets. I'm not saying reduce/remove the 2x cost, simply add more levels/distribute the cost over the current levels. Or make it increase like fleets do
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

I think you need to go back and check your numbers.

mind blowering (max defences: 1,000,000,000)

1bill x 3mill = 3quad,

Show me anyone who can mass that :shock:
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Hmm, maybe i was assuming the maximum capacity was 1m. Didn't realize 1B was the amount for the top level, though it was like 10m

Though why not make the curve like that of fleets?
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

The way it stands with platforms it can get very costly for someone to mass a planet even with big fleets, i know of a few people who have lost up to and maybe more than 4trill worth of fleets in 1 hit when they get defended because of a planet defense and platform together, although im sure said person would never admit to it.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

Sarevok
Forum Addict

4T isn't that much, considering it's only like 50k defenses
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Sarevok wrote:4T isn't that much, considering it's only like 50k defenses

Im not on about buying them im on about arming them costs.

200k fleets 4.4Trill naq to arm,

If you lose all 200k fleets in 1 hit and have to re-arm them that 4Trill adds up real dam fast, espically if you are maxed out, to add more to your 200k will cost you ALOT of naq really dam fast, id you lose said fleets twice, theres 8Trill naq without even damaging the planet defense......

Sarevok
Forum Addict

200k fleets is ~500k defenses, at a total cost of 35T. Do THAT for 10 planets, and i think it's alot more the 8T

Return to “Suggestions Archive”